blogs within a blog within a blog

so i click on one of the community blog in the forum but it leads to the fuwareview (whatsha call it) so i click it again and again its a link to another blog. hoping to see the review i click the link, there i discovered another link to another blog to the real review. its fine if there was 2 links but 3 or more is just not right, thats why i ask to not have links in fuareview because links defeats the purpose of the site.

So the forums' blog app does have a "FuwaReviews Team" blog which simply pulls the RSS feed of our official team reviews, so when you click an entry here in the forums, it will send you to the reviews hub, but you should land on the review itself, not the hub's index page. 

Which indicates something's wrong. Can you give me a specific entry or link that you're having this problem with?

So the forums' blog app does have a "FuwaReviews Team" blog which simply pulls the RSS feed of our official team reviews, so when you click an entry here in the forums, it will send you to the reviews hub, but you should land on the review itself, not the hub's index page. 

Which indicates something's wrong. Can you give me a specific entry or link that you're having this problem with?

Here's your example (pulled from the community blog sidebar):

Games for Adults Halloween: Cartagra ~Affliction of the Soul~

I kind of see firecat's point.  This is an issue involving the inflexibility of automation and conflicting incentives, unfortunately.  I'm not sure there's an easy fix that would satisfy everyone.

The only fix I can imagine that would satisfy everyone is making a separate field for the forum sidebar feed which lets the author enter a custom url to redirect viewers to.  In this case, clicking the Cartagra review link in the sidebar would take you directly to Bookwormotaku's blog post.  That would actually benefit everyone, including me, but could potentially be abusable I suppose?  Not that links in the community blogs aren't already abusable, as authors can post whatever they want until moderators catch and remove it.

In other words, make the community blog feed work like Reddit, essentially (without the voting).

Edited by sanahtlig

I believe this is only an issue with the bot pulling entries from outside blogs that are set up to auto post a short blurb to the Reviews Hub. I don't recall the bot doing this before the ipb4 upgrade. 

Yeah that's something we'll need to fix.

The bot should be configured to only post posts with the "Official FuwaReviews Tag" that would link back to our blog, and the rest should link to the website the review originated from. I'll work with Tay to try to get it fixed.

They will remain on the FuwaReviews site, because we want the reviews site to be the "one-stop shop" for reviews, and they will remain with a short blurb and a link to their review blog, because they should still get the traffic for their review.  We won't take that away from them, we'll just help increase their visibility!

Edited by Ryechu
I can't read.