What upcoming translation projects are you most looking forward to?

shadowolf64

Like the title says what upcoming translation are you most looking forward to? Official or fan translation.

Mine are Clannad and G-Senjou no Maou from Sekai Project (yes I know they are already translated but I want to see the official translation effort before I play them). For fan translations I am most looking forward to Clover Day's and Amagami. Although I am much less familiar with what projects people are working on in the fan translation scene since they don't have people doing marketing for them.

Anyway thought this might be interesting for a discussion, plus would let me see what is on the horizon that I should be looking at.

Little Busters EX, for me. Not like it's going to get finished in the next decade, though :amane:

Also, just a little heads up OP, the localized versions for Clannad and G-Senjou (along with everything else that's been fan translated that SP releases) wont be much different from the current fan ones, since they use a lot of whats already been translated for their localization's. So unless you're waiting so you can legitimately get an english copy, you might as well go play them.

I think that waiting for clannad is a good idea, the translation was...not the best out there (not as bad as ever17) also installing the novel with the patch is a pain or at least it was for me back then when i played it and finally they are adding new content, the resolution is higher etc etc.
 I do agree with senjou, the art is ruined (cropped images) also censored and they are using the same translation so yeah if you want to play it now just go ahead, there is no reason to wait, if you want to support akabei just buy it later on when it is released on steam.

Edited by Deep Blue

Little Busters EX, for me. Not like it's going to get finished in the next decade, though :amane:

Also, just a little heads up OP, the localized versions for Clannad and G-Senjou (along with everything else that's been fan translated that SP releases) wont be much different from the current fan ones, since they use a lot of whats already been translated for their localization's. So unless you're waiting so you can legitimately get an english copy, you might as well go play them.

They did the Clannad translation from scratch. There should be nothing from the fan patch in the official release. 

For that "official" G-Senjou - I compared text from promo screenshots with actual text of old TLWiki, and... they are 100% identical. So you already have best version with fan translation, not censored and not cropped art, you would just ruin your experience, if your first one would be that chopped'n'cropped version from SP. Ah, and I forgot, it would be even without voices (and voices version would cost x2 if I remember correctly).

I actually seems do not wait for anything in particular. Maybe "My own private war"? But no one translated that and no one told that it is good read... Then SubaHibi and Mahoyo, if they would be released one day.

kuroinu. seriously.

No, you can't be serious, nooo :)

They did the Clannad translation from scratch. There should be nothing from the fan patch in the official release. 

Is there any examples of that retranslated text, so could be compared with fan translation?

pretty sure you wont have to wait that long for mahoyo anymore, because either the first project will be finally finished editing, or the 2nd one will most certainly speed up after harakanos completion - which isnt that far off considering loe´s momentary progress (makes me worry abit about his mind)

That so? I guess that would explain why it's taking so long to get put out. But for the majority of things, they are just re-using the fan TL's. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ended up using some in the Clannad TL anyways.

Maybe. The original plan was to use the fan TL as a base and edit that. Then they were met with heavy resistance over that idea since the fan TL is so bad. They then promised to translate it from scratch, and named a team of translators who would be on it who were experienced with translating manga professionally. So it sounds like that's what really happened. They also said, I guess to not publicly shaft Doki Fansubs completely, that SP would look into how to best utilize the "resources" they were offering. It sounded like simple platitudes to me, but it's not impossible that they found some parts that were less bad than others (it's the After Story that's the worst) and used that. That would go against what they actually said they were doing, which was redoing literally everything from scratch.

Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai Irotoridori no Sekai 

and Clover Day's and AstralAir

Oh did I mention Irotoridori no Sekai ?