Root Double -Before Crime * After Days-

Magicflier

Link: http://vndb.org/v5000

I heard that this visual novel is very similar to Ever17, so I wanted to find out if anyone here has played this VN before?

I want to hear your opinions if you've played either only this visual novel, or both.

The summary of the VN makes it all the more intriguing:

LABO - a giant research facility with a nuclear reactor...

September 16, 2030 - 6:19:30 AM - the "incident" occurs...

The security system malfunctions, locking down every section of the basement, trapping 3 rescuers and 6 people waiting to be rescued inside. The incident occurred because the nuclear reactor caused a meltdown, filling LABO with the ashes of its dead.

There are still 9 hours before the system recovers.

The rescuers have only enough drugs to prevent radiation exposure for 6 people, but what about the other 3 ... ?

And strange unexplainable phenomena keep happening...

There are 6 mysteries surrounding this incident:

1. During the incident, the captain of the rescue team lost his memory. What happened ?

2. Why were these normal high school students locked up in a place like this ?

3. A murdered body was found in the research facility they've been locked down in. Why ?

4. Why did this incident happen ? Why can't they get out ?

5. Why is one that cannot exist --- "that guy" --- here ?

The mystery gets deeper and deeper.

Gradually, the constant conflicts get more and more on these people's nerves...

Which one of them can make it out of this hell alive ?

The key to surviving is hidden 6 days ago. In the sealed memories of the young man ----

As i've played both, I'd say the two VN, despite of creating from the same scenario writer, is not similar at all.

Root Double is very interesting VN but, it doesn't give the same vibe as Ever17.

The "mystery" part in RD is relatively weak to E17. And it is not that emotionally rewarding like E17 when everything revealed.

Also, E17 doesn't have the suspense element much in it while RD give you a full course of suspense in the first route. (majority said it is the best route of the vn)

However, there is one major flaw that make this VN cannot go over the rating of 90+ (EGS 83-85, me 8.5) which is

mediocre ending, relatively to the rest of his works

That said, I still think that this VN is a must for those who love infinity series. The plot, characters and the system are done very well.

And most of all, you will love the world of RD as the creator put so much afford in every little details (60+ play hours) that make RD's world so captivating. :D