Help Us Out: Old/Missing BBCodes

Tay

There's a lot to be done here on the forums, and since I've been at this all day my brain's getting a wee bit tired. Thus, I need your help:

1. Can anyone help me identify which BBCode is still broken on the site?
  2. Does anyone know where we got the old spoilers BBCode? Anyone have the literal code we used to use? If it's possible, I'd much prefer we go back to using the old one

If you find a broken bit of BBCode and you can't tell what it originally was, just post a link to the post (click the share icon in the top-right of a post to get that particular post's specific URL)

Edited by Tay

I don't think this used to be possible

Maybe limit the number of stuff you can embed? Or don't, cause this is pretty nice too

This isn't exactly bbcode but you used to be able to use tags for 3 extra youtube embeds

Edited by Flutterz

Youtube videos, forum links, etc., now auto-embed. You don't need specific tags.

General Issue for anyone with time/desire to help: As far as getting other stuff back, I need help identifying broken BBCodes. We can upload almost any CKEditor plugin we need, so if you can help me find out what's lacking, we can find the appropriate plugin and fix it all in one fell swoop.

Edited by Tay

old bbcode for inserting hyperlinks in texts doesn't seem to work.

Also has some weird bug when pressing [space] key after the [url=random link

Not_amused

EDIT: Ok, it worked. But still that weird white box appears when pressing space. Might be a browser problem. Let me clear my cookies and stuff.

EDIT2:

dtif2LP.png

The

[IMG][/IMG]

Tag doesn't work properly anymore because whenever you paste in a URL and then press enter for a paragraph, it automatically hyperlinks that URL, causing the image not to embed anymore.

I know you can just use the regular "insert media" option, but I'm really used to just typing

[IMG=http://exampleurl.jpg]

because it's faster, especially on mobile devices.