IPB 4: Info and Error Reporting

NEW FEATURES WORTH MENTIONING

• You can tag other forums users in your posts. Just write “@” and then their username, and wait a bit – a menu will pop up allowing you to choose the user.
  • Our WYSIWYG editor is more stable and MUCH more moddable
  • Profiles are now much more dynamic and have a neat new follower system
  • Blogs now have a lot of new design options and content blocks. Importing feeds SHOULD work better than before, too.
  • We can now create Q & A forums if there’s a reason for one
  • Lots of back-end improvements that lets us easily change a ton of things around the forums
  • People have now discovered the “Mark Site as Read” button
  • (Mods, admins, literally anyone who has editing powers here – feel free to add other good stuff here)
  • The forums sidbar updates every 60 seconds, so freshly new topics may not show up immediately. Just give them a minute, and they'll appear.

BUGS/PROBLEMS

(Green text indicates an issue is resolved or fixed)

THEMES

1. New Forums Theme Called “Temporal”

• Any interest in making a different logo/hosting a logo competition for it?
  • Background Images: If you click on the paintbrush (the design menu) you can choose between a few background images. If you want different ones, get the rights to (or written permissions for) a nice image and then contact me : P

2. FuwaFabulous

• If there are colors you want me to add back into the color picker, go get the hex colors from the Wayback Machine and send them to me. These sorts of changes are obnoxious, so we need to share the pain.

3. All Themes

• Index page sidebars are not properly ordering new posts - FIXED
  • Avatar sizes are weird and strict. Tay or Nay needs to figure out where in the ACP you can relax the rules (both on dimensions and size, probably)
  • For some reason there isn’t a space between “Location” and the user’s designated “location” on the user profiles (and user info boxes next to posts)
  • Find out if it’s possible to hide chat bubble
  • It’s EASY to narrow the functional part of the forums (see how there are sections of background to the right and left of the forums content?). Right now we’re using 90% of the screen space for the content. If you want me to lower that, I will drop it to 85%. Before I do so, however, someone should personally (or convince Eclipsed to : P) agree to make a poll for feedback on this change
  • Can’t hide sidebar: sorry, Lewy : (. Anybody had any luck hiding it? (Note: if you have designer access (like ACP access people or GMs), DO NOT DELETE THE CONTENT BLOCKS)
  • My Content” button is gone. Need to figure out what replaced it.

4. “Gravity Green 2013” 

• Theme is no longer supported by its dev and was not upgraded to support IPB 4. That’s why it’s missing. The dev has no plans on upgrading it. 

FORUMS APP

• Fix avatars limits
  • Likes are currently anonymous. This is not acceptable. FIXED
  • Notifications are not working like they used to. Need to figure out the best way to establish user settings to make them more useable
  • The old friends system is gone
  • Note to self: Let user groups get the “ghost edit” permission set FIXED
  • Notifications options are restricted to everybody. What’s up with that?
  • Recent visitors on profile pages are limited to one, meaning it will always show you and no one else, making it an effectively useless feature. FIXED
  • Make Profiles default to the “About Me” page
  • Profile pages aren’t prominently displaying user’s last status message
  • No full editor feature when editing a post (?)
  • Profile pages – customization options?
  • Is there no longer an option to preview posts before posting?
  • Does the user receive a notification when they are tagged with @?
  • Is the "go to first unread post" option gone on the thread page?
  • Auto line skip when pressing enter is a little annoying.
  • You can't see all of the emoticons unless you type a single character into the search field
  • New messaging system lists participants triggers Nosebleed’s OCD and is literally Hitler.
  • When you go to "edit my profile" the box to edit your interests is incredibly small. You can only see two(?) lines of text at a time and IIRC it was larger before.
  • Reporting a member (not a post, the actual member) seems to be gone
  • Raw BBCode editing is absent
  • Spoiler tag in chat is absent
  • A link to the front page is absent (< this was on purpose, Maef. I have to fix two menu items before I can turn it back on. The Home button is made and everything, just need to get things ready for it, first)
  • Spoiler BBCode as it exists now doesn’t work as well as the last one. Ex: You need to delete an entire spoiler if you want to delete it because to the BBCode problem. Since you can't edit raw code, you have to copy content, delete all spoiler and then paste.
  • Impossibility to reset font size automatically (size 14 btw, old one was 12 IIRC)
  • Be able to change your star ratings on blogs, etc.
  • Image compression screwed up some images in blogs
  • Can’t add headers to articles
  • Blog header images messed up due to difference in formatting
  • Need report option in chat
  • Need some rich text editing features in the chat
  • Now, when I click on sidebar topics [even the ones I've never read before], it takes me to the latest post of it, instead of the last seen [or first], which is pretty annoying
  • Zaka says: if you edit an off-site blog post that's RSS linked the new one gets pulled and you have a lovely double post to deal with. I'm not sure if this is preventable, intended, or needed in general. Zaka doesn’t make any sense. What Zaka means is that imported feeds are at risk of doubling up. Tay understands Zaka. Tay will look into this.
  • Incorrect posting permissions for some forums - FIXED (Link)
  • The post preview when hovering over topics is neat, but it seems kind of buggy. Specifically, when clicking between "First post" and "Latest post" it sometimes closes itself. 
  • Inconsistent Line Spacing
  • Possible: text under the quote in some posts disappear?
  • Donations Link Not Working (On purpose)
  • Rooke's Theme Broken - Yaaay! Working on it
  • Likes back to anonymous FIXED (hopefully
  • Fuwa Recognition Blog RSS broken on other sites
  • Flash of red before colors reload on FuwaFabulous
  • Users can Post threads in TL Projects Forum FIXED
  • There's no longer a "Back to top" button underneath every post
  • The chat option in the Ignore user settings is removed
  • Chat has no longer a pop-up option 
  • Chat is smaller compared to before, also the avatars no longer shows up in the chat messages.
  • Profile cover photo is now extremely small, compared to before, really annoying. Although, the upload for the cover photo is improved.
  • The message feed in the small box is gone, which is annoying. Please put that back.
  • Ghost Editing showing up for staff
  • Clear Formatting Button FIXED
Edited by Tay
Keeping up with all the feedback

• Tay featured this topic

Concerning notifications which you said were all-around screwy, I might as well mention that I get a notification every time I get a message--that is, I get a notification both under "Notifications" and "Messages" for the same thing--which is obviously rather redundant. It doesn't seem to be able to be disabled (I don't feel like rephrasing the previous several words) under notification options: "The administrator has disabled this option from being toggled."

Edited by Fiddle

4. “Gravity Green 2013” 

• Theme is no longer supported by its dev and was not upgraded to support IPB 4. That’s why it’s missing. The dev has no plans on upgrading it. 

tumblr_mevhfiXuTE1qd9ly0.gif

I saw one other person in the "Recently Browsing" field besides me once, but that was it.  I think you can now only change your avatar through links, and not through uploading images like you could before.  All I see is "Import from URL" and "Remove photo".

Edited by Zenophilious

jo unable to reply in various threads, like translation projects etc.

exactly like i said, i cant write anything in those threads/topics of theirs, except for editing olden stuff of mine.

edit: & i´m logged in, just for references...

since i´m still unable to reply to anything there i updated my status feed (not that anyone ever read those, though)

Went through all the forums by-hand and figured out where the problems were. This issue should be fixed.

Updated OP.

please please tay add more thread to the sidebar of latest topics 5 is just too little, same with the blogs

What do we think of it now? 8 + 6.

Other Issues I Think I've fixed (need your help confirming!):

Likes are currently anonymous. This is not acceptable. 

• This should be fixed
  • Can anyone confirm?

Note to self: Let user groups get the “ghost edit” permission set

• Everyone should now be able to edit posts with or without adding an edit message
  • Can anyone confirm?

Recent visitors on profile pages are limited to one, meaning it will always show you and no one else, making it an effectively useless feature.

• Should be between 1 - 5 depending on screen size. It's currently 3 for me.
  • Can anyone confirm?

A link to the front page is absent (Maef)

• FYI: this was on purpose, Maef. I have to fix two menu items before I can turn it back on. The Home button is made and everything, just need to get things ready for it, first.

(making this a new post so tay sees it)

The post preview when hovering over topics is neat, but it seems kind of buggy. Specifically, when clicking between "First post" and "Latest post" it sometimes closes itself. 

Added. Not something I'll be able to fix, but something to compare against after 4.1 comes out at the end of the month.

Aside from losing a few posts on my post count, putting me under 500 again, the changes are great. I really like that you can upload basically any picture to use an a profile image now, before you would have to either find a picture that fit the requirements or downscale the image you were trying to use. Have an in-built crop system is godly for people like me who like to change their profile picture like they change waifus.