(Archived) IPB 4 Update Complete

Tay

Hey, I have a few bugs, questions, and complaints. Don't mind me if all of this stuff has already been brought up.

1. There is no space between "Location" and the user's location. Happens on all themes.

MQCxb8H.png

2. I miss having long, rectangle avatars

3. I'm not sure how to add an image to my profile, like backers could do before.

4. Is there no longer an option to preview posts before posting?

5. Does the user receive a notification when they are tagged with @?

Edited by The Major

No more header option? :unsure:

Also is the "my content" option gone from the drop down menu? I often switched between "my content" and "new content" when I was browsing. Kind of a hassle to have to change the filter options every time I go to "new content" now, instead of having the two separate tabs open.

Also also is the "go to first unread post" option gone when you on the thread page? I know it is still there when you are looking at "new content" but is it gone from inside the thread itself?

Auto line skip when pressing enter is a little annoying.

A lot of the threads in "new content" don't have a circle or star next to them. Why do only a select few seem to have them? I know the star is for threads I have posted in and circle for the threads I have not, but many are left unmarked. Nvm I used my brain and saw why that was.

I still really want the "go to first unread post" back in the threads though.

Edited by LiquidShu

5. Does the user receive a notification when they are tagged with @?

This is an option in the notification settings you may have to turn on.

Also I want to say something positive, so I'll say that the WYSIWYG editor is a lot less buggy than it was before, so thank goodness for that! 

edit: One more complaint, you can't see all of the emoticons unless you type a single character into the search field. And one more compliment: :pyaa: is now an emoticon, god bless america.

Edited by Decay

In the notifications, it says the administrator has forcefully turned off email notifications if someone likes your post, can that be reversed really easily? I use email notification for everything in Fuwa, so it'd be nice that it'd stay as everything

NOTIFICATIONS: The notifications are all screwed up. I'm out of my depth with them, so hopefully Nay can help me figure it out this weekend.

AVATARS: Removed the rounding, but I can't figure out why the avatar rules are so weird OR where to change them in the ACP. It may be because my brain is tired. Or maybe it's just stuck in a strange spot.

The PM interface is a little weird. The PM posts don't display like normal forums post. That's whatever, I could get used to that. But having the big honking messages sidebar that shows all of your PMs on the left is really messing with things, it squishes the rest of the PM and doesn't even do anything useful.

edit: Ahahaha, all it took was a couple posts in phase 12 to trigger us.

Edited by Decay

It's possible that I have already mentioned that I don't like these new and half new themes, now that could all be changed if there was a way to get them to cover a bit less of the screen width. But maybe this is my future:

Nyi6mTT.png

Edited by atorq

What does the "Disable my messenger" link do in the PM interface? It gives me a warning whenever I click it and I'm too afraid to go through with it. But if it disables that stupid sidebar, that would be a positive.

edit: I clicked it. That was not a desirable result, don't do what I just did, kids. Now I don't know how to turn it back on.

edit 2: Whew, found it, we're back to normal.

Edited by Decay

Has the "My Content" button ceased to be?

Can we no longer see who "liked" a post? We got opinions to base on ethos here!

Shall our avatars remain forever under the tyranny of circles?

Apart from all that, looks swell! Of course, I attempt to subtract my inherent opposition to change from this opinion.

EDIT: WHO LIKED THIS!?

I was the third to like this.

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V all of this.  Additionally, it is taking several seconds to move between pages in threads when it was formerly instantaneous.  Is it supposed to be considerably slower than the old site?  It almost feels like the new animation to load between pages is mocking me, taking its sweetass time to load.  It feels like I'm playing the crappy PSX port of an awesome arcade game.   

Some other miscellaneous observations: Recent visitors on profile pages are limited to one, meaning it will always show you and no one else, making it an effectively useless feature.

Profiles not defaulting to the About Me page will likely ensure that no one ever looks at that content ever again.

Same with not prominently displaying their latest status. Not that this was a widely used feature before, but people aren't likely to look at stuff hidden behind extra mouse clicks more than once. 

When I first clicked on "My Profile" I really disliked the fact that it showed "My Activity" first. Much prefer the way it was set up before the updates. 

Another misc complaint coming from me, when you go to "edit my profile" the box to edit your interests is incredibly small. You can only see two(?) lines of text at a time and IIRC it was larger before.

Another misc complaint x2. Before all unread content would have been in a bold white, now only content that I have posted in and is unread is the bold white. The satisfaction of seeing all greyed out threads is now no more.

Update:

^ It actually seems more random now. Some threads I have not posted in are a bold white and others remain the normal font. Am I crazy or something?

Update: Maybe this is the reason why:

X76I7JW.png 

I have a lot more unread threads than that.

Edited by LiquidShu

Please Tay, for the love of everything that is holy, make it so that chat doesn't have that red notification in at least 1 theme. It triggers my OCD and I'm not even joking. It's getting really hard to look at the screen- wouldn't mind browsing in crappy mobile mode if it could get rid of that. 

Edited by Kaguya

Please Tay, for the love of everything that is holy, make it so that chat doesn't have that red notification in at least 1 theme. It triggers my OCD and I'm not even joking. It's getting really hard to look at the screen. 

Fuwafabulous theme - change content colour to 'strawberry'. This disguises it so you only have to deal with the number... and a hideous colour decorating the page.