(Archived) IPB 4 Update Complete

Tay

Has the "My Content" button ceased to be?

Can we no longer see who "liked" a post? We got opinions to base on ethos here!

Shall our avatars remain forever under the tyranny of circles?

Apart from all that, looks swell! Of course, I attempt to subtract my inherent opposition to change from this opinion.

EDIT: WHO LIKED THIS!?

Edited by Fiddle

So I took a look at my community blog and the display is pretty messed up.

Half the feature images are inexplicably corrupted, and posts aren't properly separated when the feature image is larger than the accompanying text.  Also, it'd be nice if the "A blog by X" showed the user customizable message instead.  Tags in the blog area have vanished as well.

Edited by sanahtlig

Some other miscellaneous observations: Recent visitors on profile pages are limited to one, meaning it will always show you and no one else, making it an effectively useless feature.

Profiles not defaulting to the About Me page will likely ensure that no one ever looks at that content ever again.

Same with not prominently displaying their latest status. Not that this was a widely used feature before, but people aren't likely to look at stuff hidden behind extra mouse clicks more than once. 

Why can't I upload full avatar pic? I want to at least see my uncropped avatar with the forum posts and in my profile page.

This image is fairly small

Izduru4.jpg

I'm sure it can be automatically resized on forums so cropping isn't even needed.

Edited by Redpanda

Looking at the update for <5min, aesthetically, it's very displeasing, in both chat groups and just general browsing, but functionality seems to be up. 

A few things: 

I like that it tells me who the new poster is if I'm typing a post, instead of just saying "show new reply"

The "xxx liked this" is gone, which is saddening.

TAGGING!!!

I like how new posts are highlighted in red, that's a nice feature

No full editor feature when editing a post(?)

Cannot click  to hide "edited by xx" even when editing within a few seconds of posting

Profiles are really snazzy now

Edit button is moved to other side of post, that's gonna be annoying :makina:

User sidebar for posts isn't as appealing, with the smaller avatars and smaller numbering. (thanks Tay on avatars)

I lost 15 posts, time to panic and riot

I'll edit or post again if I think of something else to complain talk about.

Edited by Ceris

Woah, wait. What? The round avatars are still there? They aren't there for me... Maybe because I'm an admin. 

On it.

Round avatars look.. modern. I kinda like it.

Edit: Place a space between 'Location' and the country (or whatever you decide your location is).

Edited by kingdomcome