Are there any (good) English-voiced VNs?

Pedeadstrian

I believe part of it is that VA you don't quite understand sometimes sounds better for whatever reason. It's not necessarily that the japanese VA is any better than english (though to be honest... it probably is), but that that exotic factor or w/e makes you consider it better.

Also en dub homura > jap homura

I'm kind of paranoid, so I like to think that the Japanese voice-acting isn't the same as the text, but is actually some secret, Satanic ritual. Which is why I prefer English Voice Acting.

I'm kind of paranoid, so I like to think that the Japanese voice-acting isn't the same as the text, but is actually some secret, Satanic ritual. Which is why I prefer English Voice Acting.

Then I feel bad for the translators that worked really hard on translating it sad.gif

8755738906_0d5f024868_o.gif

I like the English VAs because that's what I understand, and that's what I'm used to.

It all comes down to personal opinion. I'm not a fan of lolicon, and I can't imagine why anyone other than a pedophile would like to see pantyshots or worse of a 10 year old girl, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Did you just liken a preference for subtitles to a sexual fetish (and a psychological disorder?!)? Granted, both inclinations reflect a strong preference for an original unsullied state but...

Which part is more upsetting, the touchy-feely, romantic, or "friendship is magic?"

All of it pretty much. It saddens me that that's how you viewed it.

You are correct, I did find my limit was about 14 attempts. I am not strong enough to try the 15th.

I have to wonder if being a native English speaker it bugs me more?

I'm a native English speaker as well, and I do feel that English Dubs bug me a lot more than they should really.

All of it pretty much. It saddens me that that's how you viewed it.

I'm a native English speaker as well, and I do feel that English Dubs bug me a lot more than they should really.

Sorry, when I said "from what I read" I meant from their Wiki page. I didn't actually read it. I can see where that may be misleading.

Did you just liken a preference for subtitles to a sexual fetish (and a psychological disorder?!)? Granted, both inclinations reflect a strong preference for an original unsullied state but...

I'm pretty sure only pedophiles would be insulted by my analogy. So, I'm not saying you're a pedophile, but... you know.

Actually I'll come out and say it... I don't like being likened to a pedophile because I like Loli's. Since that is exactly what you said.

A pedophile wouldn't be insulted by your statement. It was a bad analogy and really I'd rather you felt bad, but I feel that is too much to ask. So I'll say my piece, think a little less of you for it and simply move on and forget about it.

Did you just do a backhanded insult because someone poked fun at your incredibly wrong and terrible analogy?

Actually I'll come out and say it... I don't like being likened to a pedophile because I like Loli's. Since that is exactly what you said.

A pedophile wouldn't be insulted by your statement. It was a bad analogy and really I'd rather you felt bad, but I feel that is too much to ask. So I'll say my piece, think a little less of you for it and simply move on and forget about it.

If either of you have a valid reason as to why it's okay to show pantyshots of 10 year olds, please let me know.

If only I can emphasize that point even more.

If either of you have a valid reason as to why it's okay to show pantyshots of 10 year olds, please let me know.

Because its Fiction? Animated? I'm not finding the right word I want for this but meh.

I want to say more in response but this topic has already be derailed enough as it is.

If only I can emphasize that point even more.

"Lolicon (ロリコン?), also romanised as lolikon or rorikon,[1] is a Japanese portmanteau of the phrase "Lolita complex". In Japan, the term describes an attraction to underage girls (whether prepubescent, pubescent, or post-pubescent)[2][3] or an individual with such an attraction.[4][5]"

"The phrase is a reference to Vladimir Nabokov's book Lolita, in which a middle-aged man becomes sexually obsessed with a twelve-year-old girl. It was first used in Japan in the 1970s and quickly became used to describe erotic dojinshi (amateur comics) portrayals of young girls."

Remind me again how lolicon is related in no way to pedophilia?

"Lolicon (ロリコン?), also romanised as lolikon or rorikon,[1] is a Japanese portmanteau of the phrase "Lolita complex". In Japan, the term describes an attraction to underage girls (whether prepubescent, pubescent, or post-pubescent)[2][3] or an individual with such an attraction.[4][5]"

"The phrase is a reference to Vladimir Nabokov's book Lolita, in which a middle-aged man becomes sexually obsessed with a twelve-year-old girl. It was first used in Japan in the 1970s and quickly became used to describe erotic dojinshi (amateur comics) portrayals of young girls."

"According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), it is a paraphilia in which adults or adolescents 16 years of age or older have intense and recurrent sexual urges towards and fantasies about prepubescent children that they have either acted on or which cause them distress or interpersonal difficulty."

"In popular usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, often termed "pedophilic behavior". For example, The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children."

"This common use application also extends to the sexual interest in and sexual contact with pubescent or post-pubescent minors. Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided because although people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder, some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia and these standards pertain to prepubescents."

"Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger."

Right so I can copy pasta too. I'm done posting about this, I'll just wait for when the topic gets back on track.

You know, I thought I was being generous for challenging your trollish comment on lolicon in good humor. But it seems you didn't get the hint.

If either of you have a valid reason

I clearly said that it was purely my opinion

You throw out a moral challenge to prove you wrong then retreat behind the facade that it was your "opinion" when they do? Think I can throw out a racial slur and hide behind the pretense that it's just my "opinion", or that I was just trying to be funny? Stop being a coward and just apologize.

If you don't want people derailing your thread, don't throw out inflammatory remarks and insult people when they call you on it.