Has anyone ever watched an anime called "saki"?

The Striker

I've seen it and enjoyed the ride, despite knowing jack shit about mahjong. Although I'm a hardcore yuri fan, so the yuriness alone could have carried it for me. It probably isn't for everyone, but if you like over-exagerating the norm to the power of infinte or if you are a yuri fan you will porbably have fun with it.

Oh man.. way back in the early days of fuwa (2013), I remember getting in an argument with somebody about Saki versus Akagi. In retrospect it was a dumb thing to argue about. But personally, I really dislike Saki. Both Akagi and Legendary Gambler Tetsuya are good anime that deal with mahjong in a serious light, but I could never get into Saki. But then again, I dislike most moe anime regardless of the subject matter.  

I watched it and enjoyed it. I thought it was cute. Though I wouldn't say it's actually yuri as there's technically no romance, but it's so heavily implied and suggested, it really might as well be.

But yeah, I agree with the general consensus about it being interesting even without any knowledge of majong. I mean, I didn't have any either. :3