What were the Visual First novels you've ever seen?

The Striker

is persona a VN? if yes then it is the first otherwise , EOSD for busy people

next is Sharin no Kuni (recalling how panic i am to find touka in the last chapter)

Someone told me even Akiba's Trip was a visual novel. I guess if theres some dialogue and anime characters it's a VN?

Bad reviews about Umineko? O:

Well, I don't know what can make you want to read it. It is very well done, well written with more than 30 developed characters - no one is left undeveloped. It mixes mystery with magic and challenges the reader to solve the riddles it proposes, without telling the answer during it. It is a long visual novel, and you have to spend a lot of time reading it, and the feeling that I've got when I did [after about 5 months reading] was that I'd never find something greater than it, and 2 years later I still haven't.

The author of Umineko is one of a kind, he is very unique and cares a lot about what he is doing. Maybe who didn't realise how good this VN is didn't see the "truth" the story wanted to tell. Which I understand, since some people think that Umineko will be their common mystery with 100 different endings game, and it is not. And you have to read it with your heart open, so you can really get the meaning of everything.