G-senjou no Maou LIVE on Steam

Hackrabbits

The only way to complain is with your pocket, not support this type of things is the only real way we can show developers and companies like SP (who treat everyone like shit) that this is not acceptable. 
But then again maybe I'm overreacting, I am after all a purist, who likes to complain about silly things such as censored content (plot and sex) butchered art style and who likes to be treated as a proper customer who is paying for the things he owns and not a beggar, but like I said I'm just one in a million purist annoying person.:shrug:

Yeah. Just keep on boycotting every single release. I hope everyone will be happy that way.

I still like my episodic idea a lot better because you could set lower price-points, but maybe that would take too much engine rejiggering to be viable, or perhaps there was a licensing issue, who knows. 

I'm a big fan of episodes also, the future of Visual Novels is episodic content imo. The price point is one of the biggest obstacles to decent sales, along with accessibility (otherwise known as most 'reader's' don't do their reading on a computer.)

Don't get fooled. A bunch of developers already tried that and they all failed miserably. In general, vn's have no future as a proper medium because less and less people read and no one's really getting worked up over an idea to "read a game". They will continue to exist though, because there's always a market for 18+ games, especially in Japan; it's still better than nothing.

Call it as you want, I will keep supporting companies like Mikandi, (I supported WAS back then because it was a doujin game like i did with many others like world end, tokyo dark, vision of aurora, millia, no one but you etc etc) 
Why should I support something I don't believe in? That every single time they need to answer something important their response is "Due to legal issues..."  i'm not just talking about g-senjou no mou or was,  this is the first time I see a company hiding behind legal stuff so much. Who the hell are they working for the NSA? Isn't sekai suppose to deal with this kind of issues? and if the companies they are dealing with are so bad why do they work for them in the first place? shouldn't they warn the people who are going to support them about it? "hey this is a risky thing to support, the company X put many restrictions on us and we wont be able to share anything with you till the product is released"

We all know Sekai Project is here for the money and here to stay. They dont give 100 shits about what you want or hate as long as they are making money off these vn plebeians aka the Steam adolescents who just had their first masturbation session to hentai last week.

Yes, it is so... That's really pity as before publishers (I mean now Jast and MG) at least had a "human face", who wanted to deliver best possible version to the fans. With VNs going on KS this became a mocking joke - Sekai gets millions on KS and does not even give a shit about selling games outside Steam and opinion of the people - why should they care, when they already have tons of money on a project which was already translated?

But what is now clearly visible - Sekai is the company which get TONS of money without any real investment into translation. So I really feel pity for hard-working guys in Jast and MG - they spend tons of their own money to translate NEW games (means not translated before) and in the end get just enough money to only cover their expenses, while Sekai spend less than nothing on translation and gets MILLIONS.

Not fair. Not fair at all.

They retranslating Clannad from scratch, translating Grisaia no meikyuu, world end economica part 3, and they've already translated WEE part 2, ame no marginal and many other smaller doujin VNs.

True, but do not forget about others, like Grisaia no Kajitsu which were really as I told and which is sold on Steam even more than on KS. Also for small translation I doubt they really spend much money on that.

Do you even have any idea how much it costs to develop, localize and publish games nowadays? Even visual novels with partially existing translations. I'm not really sure where are you making all of those assumptions from.

Someone please change the topic name. Current one is as silly as it sounds.

Do you even have any idea how much it costs to develop, localize and publish games nowadays? Even visual novels with partially existing translations. I'm not really sure where are you making all of those assumptions from.

Someone please change the topic name. Current one is as silly as it sounds.

Yes, I sorta know, not about localize part, but about developing and publish part. You?

G-Senjou has been released, both packages are currently 30% off on Steam. That means the voiced version is 28 dollarydoos (US money) and the voiceless version is only 14 dollarydoos (US money.) If I were a fan of G-Senjou I'd be all over that voiceless package like a persistent puppy, but that's because I rarely listen to the Japanese Voice Actors and will skip lines the moment I finish reading them.

It's nice to see SP manage to make voices into a DLC you can purchase after and patch your voiceless edition with so people who end liking the game can invest in the full experience if they wish to instead of being faced with a steep $40 price tag.

Now to patiently sit around and wait for an uncensored version. :makina:

That means the voiced version is 28 dollarydoos (US money) and the voiceless version is only 14 dollarydoos (US money.) 

I will defenestrate the first person to charge me '10 dollarydoos' >:c

I hereby request Rooke commit seppuku.

I will not be supporting G-Senjou no Maou unless they fix the cropping, release a drm-free version, and release an 18+ version. The way that this was priced is really bad as most people do not see a 40 dollar game being 30 dollars cheaper without voices but instead they see voice dlc for more money than the actual game. It was a horrible decision to release the game like this if for no reason other than the negative publicity is going to really hurt the game's chances. A lot of bad decisions were made and the censorship of the steam forums regardless of whether you think sekai project was right or wrong for doing it will still affect the general perception of how people see sekai project and for most people this will not be a good perception and sales will really hurt. Hopefully they fix things for the denpasoft release...if it even gets one,

I will not be supporting G-Senjou no Maou unless they fix the cropping, release a drm-free version, and release an 18+ version. The way that this was priced is really bad as most people do not see a 40 dollar game being 30 dollars cheaper without voices but instead they see voice dlc for more money than the actual game. It was a horrible decision to release the game like this if for no reason other than the negative publicity is going to really hurt the game's chances. A lot of bad decisions were made and the censorship of the steam forums regardless of whether you think sekai project was right or wrong for doing it will still affect the general perception of how people see sekai project and for most people this will not be a good perception and sales will really hurt. Hopefully they fix things for the denpasoft release...if it even gets one,

I'll forward this on up to Sekai Project I mean the god damn developer of the VN and not the publisher. 

I'll forward this on up to Sekai Project I mean the god damn developer of the VN and not the publisher. 

Yeah, the cropping is to do with the developer and not SP. Lets be careful who we blame.

I've seen a good amount of people voice their satisfaction with the no-voice option, so it seems like a pretty good idea on their part.

I'm God-damn freaking ecstatic with it. Why pay twice the amount for a feature you never use? It's about giving the consumer options and tailoring their purchase to suit their needs. And giving the consumer more options is never actually a bad thing.

The way that this was priced is really bad as most people do not see a 40 dollar game being 30 dollars cheaper without voices but instead they see voice dlc for more money than the actual game. 

20. But gamers understand how expensive voice acting is, and I'd also like to mention that many, MANY hardcore gamers hate voice-acting with a passion. This is because it drives up both the cost of production and the flexibility available to developers (they can no longer insert witty and funny lines on a whim, because they need to get the voice actor back and have it ratified and so on and so forth) and they feel that content suffers with its inclusion. So gamers will probably understand why it's priced so much.

Edited by Rooke

+1 to this. I will support it if the developer fix this cropped censored game.

Until that happen I will think about learn moon runes so I can import and get the content as the original creators intended.

No more games from Sekai Project as long as they cannot control the developer action about censorship and cropping in the translated official version.

So much hate here... I thought I won't touch even 18+ version because of cropping, but... With some of CG backgrounds elements cropped we get:

- Better Backgrounds(more things are visible)

- Higher resolution sprites

- New improved UI

- Character portraits on the left side of textbox

- Better Font

- Song titles appear at the top right

- "Polished" translation

JZ0EIXt.png

VS

LcJ8cGd.jpg

+

2015-nov-6-005.jpg

As you can see this new version is superior to old one... I agree that they should add possibility to play in 4:3 mode 800x600 with uncropped CGs, however that would nbe really hard to do, probably.

I'll patiently wait for 18+ release and support AkabeiSoft, so we can get more of their VNs.

Stop the hate guys, from the looks of it they did what they could to bring US the best possible version of the game.

So much hate here... I thought I won't touch even 18+ version because of cropping, but... With some of CG backgrounds elements cropped we get:

- New improved UI

- Better Font

- "Polished" translation

Hidden Content

As you can see this new version is superior to old one... I agree that they should add possibility to play in 4:3 mode 800x600 with uncropped CGs, however that would nbe really hard to do, probably.

I'll patiently wait for 18+ release and support AkabeiSoft, so we can get more of their VNs.

Stop the hate guys, from the looks of it they did what they could to bring US the best possible version of the game.

1. As I told in other thread these background already present in old release. Just programmer do not show them.
2. Who told they are high-res? Looks like same resx, just upscaled.
3. UI improvement... I would argue, that it is really "improved". I prefer old one.
4. Character portraits were also present before. See your image comparison.
5. Font again I would argue. You actually could select 3-5 different fonts in the setup, there are some looking better than the one on new screenshots.
6. Ehm, what point for that? As I remember names, they all had no sense, as were remakes of classic music, but no original was showed.
7. Where exactly it is "polished"? 100% identical translation, try to find even one different word on screenshots :) Anyway, the_noob_avenger along with pondr already did great job and there is nothing to polish more, by me.

So, where exactly that version is superior? In what aspect? Where it is worth 40$ to rebuy worsened version? Nowhere near, by me. 
That "best possible" look really sloppy rushed cutted version, made for easy money. 

I already supported AB2 by buying japanese boxed version, so what they do here is useless. All I want from them are h-scenes without mosaics, that's the thing I would buy definitely.

One day I will do a patch, which will show full background images. And will implement optional 16:9 and 4:3 resolution change... And auto-crop feature for 16:9 to see fullscreen images the way I described before. It is not hard, I just do not have time before new year at all and these would need testing. So I would have my own free patch, which would have feature which Sekai was not able to deliver. No one is against that, I hope?

- New improved UI

- Better Font

- "Polished" translation

Hidden Content

1. As I told in other thread these background already present in old release. Just programmer do not show them.
3. UI improvement... I would argue, that it is really "improved". I prefer old one.
5. Font again I would argue. You actually could select 3-5 different fonts in the setup, there are some looking better than the one on new screenshots.
6. Ehm, what point for that? As I remember names, they all had no sense, as were remakes of classic music, but no original was showed.
7. Where exactly it is "polished"? 100% identical translation, try to find even one different word on screenshots :) Anyway, the_noob_avenger along with pondr already did great job and there is nothing to polish more, by me.

So, where exactly that version is superior? In what aspect? Where it is worth 40$ to rebuy worsened version? Nowhere near, by me.

I will do a patch, which will show full background images one day. And will implement optional 16:9 and 4:3 resolution change... And auto-crop feature for 16:9 to see fullscreen images the way I described before. It is not hard, I just do not have time before new year at all and these would need testing. So I would have my own free patch, which would do with your game you bought things which Sekai was not able to deliver. And that "best possible" would look really the way it should - sloppy rushed cutted version, made for easy money only. No one is against that, I hope?

1. "Just programmer do not show them."
  2. Editor of FTL G-Senjou said so in his review on Steam
  3. It's individual opinion for everyone, but show both UIs to 1000 unknown people and I would bet that over 50% would choose the new one.
  4. If you look closer in newer version those portraits looks way better? Not cut out the "face" but you have actual portrait
  5. It's also individual opinion.
  6. It's just a nice addition, you won't have to look for the title when you'll actually like the song.
  7. That's why I put "polished" not polished

If you call version with better assets/backgrounds higher res etc. worsened just because of 20-25% cropping on some of CGs just ot get higher quality you're a madman. You pay currently less than 30$/Euros for it, so yeah if u want hate them for what they've done, they could release exactly the same FanTLed version without improvements, then you would probably say: OH SHIT THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING AND THEY WANT MONEY FOR IT? (That's why they did what they can to improve and create best possible version without considering putting old version inside the package?)

- New improved UI

- Better Font

- "Polished" translation

Hidden Content

I will do a patch, which will show full background images one day. And will implement optional 16:9 and 4:3 resolution change... And auto-crop feature for 16:9 to see fullscreen images the way I described before. It is not hard, I just do not have time before new year at all and these would need testing. So I would have my own free patch, which would do with your game you bought things which Sekai was not able to deliver. And that "best possible" would look really the way it should - sloppy rushed cutted version, made for easy money only. No one is against that, I hope?

1. "Just programmer do not show them."
  2. Editor of FTL G-Senjou said so in his review on Steam
  3. It's individual opinion for everyone, but show both UIs to 1000 unknown people and I would bet that over 50% would choose the new one.
  4. If you look closer in newer version those portraits looks way better? Not cut out the "face" but you have actual portrait
  5. It's also individual opinion.
  6. It's just a nice addition, you won't have to look for the title when you'll actually like the song.
  7. That's why I put "polished" not polished

If you call version with better assets/backgrounds higher res etc. worsened just because of 20-25% cropping on some of CGs just ot get higher quality you're a madman. You pay currently less than 30$/Euros for it, so yeah if u want hate them for what they've done, they could release exactly the same FanTLed version without improvements, then you would probably say: OH SHIT THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING AND THEY WANT MONEY FOR IT? (That's why they did what they can to improve and create best possible version without considering putting old version inside the package?)

2. How editor was able to see contents to compare them before release?
4. That "cut out" most likely became because of too few space on 800x600, I did not checked assets, but possible that they are not cutted. Also for faces it seems for me that they just took character sprites and put heads from there.

Just as I can see anyone who really wanted - could do such version using old assets even before, as assets had that "high res" background already implemented. So I see this as a feeble excuse to tell "best version" blablabla buy it.

Regarding doing a patch for g-senjou no maou's original versions showing the whole backgrounds, I'll consider that a downgrade, to be honest. A lot of detail will be lost in the environments when downscaled and some parts might not be meant to be shown. There's a reason why they did the original version of the game the way they did, I'll trust the developers on this one.