G-senjou no Maou LIVE on Steam

Hackrabbits

Man, the game looks even more beautiful now. Sekai Project is really doing work. However, I feel like they are biting off more than they can chew with all of these VN's, I mean..they haven't even finished TL'ing Clannad yet..and they aren't even done with the Grisaia trilogy either. I don't see how they could release this any time soon unless they have some gigantic translation team or they take a LOT from the fan translation.

Well, that's a misleading title. 

Man, the game looks even more beautiful now. Sekai Project is really doing work. However, I feel like they are biting off more than they can chew with all of these VN's, I mean..they haven't even finished TL'ing Clannad yet..and they aren't even done with the Grisaia trilogy either. I don't see how they could release this any time soon unless they have some gigantic translation team or they take a LOT from the fan translation.

I will rather them not censor the already available translation.

Sekai wants to make money. Most companies do. Most companies do not exist to make "Deep Blue" happy in every way possible. Sekai has proven that a Steam release results in far more sales than a regular, 18+ release which is why they push all ages as much as possible. Get the most copies sold, get as much profit as they can to keep operating. 

Or we could just go back to the days of getting ignored, only getting nukige from MG, 1 VN a decade from Jast and whatever fan tl crumbs we could find. 

Sekai wants to make money. Most companies do. Most companies do not exist to make "Deep Blue" happy in every way possible. Sekai has proven that a Steam release results in far more sales than a regular, 18+ release which is why they push all ages as much as possible. Get the most copies sold, get as much profit as they can to keep operating. 

Or we could just go back to the days of getting ignored, only getting nukige from MG, 1 VN a decade from Jast and whatever fan tl crumbs we could find. 

that's why I'm learning japanese so i dont have to depend on companies like sekai :) also if you like being treated as a kid and having your novels censored I don't mind but I think i'm not the only one who dislikes that.

that's why I'm learning japanese so i dont have to depend on companies like sekai :) also if you like being treated as a kid and having your novels censored I don't mind but I think i'm not the only one who dislikes that.

I am 12 wat are bewbs

Piss off. I never said I liked it. I'm explaining the reality of the market to you and other purists. 

Pleasing your customers is also kind of important, you know. 

So disliking censorship is being a purist? :unsure:  

In instance yes.

VN fans are such an unhappy lot. People get mad when Japan starts bringing stuff over, but leaves out sex scenes (pointless to the story usually too) to sell more copies and increase exposure. So they'll boycott it, and then get mad when Japan pulls back out of the market. 

Pleasing your customers is also kind of important, you know. 

Not if those customers are prone to pirate shit anyway. This is a move to create new customers, not to cater to the whims of one of the most ungrateful, spiteful customer bases I've seen. 

they dont just "leave out" sex scenes they cut and edit parts of the plot itself.

And for your information I'm a really happy dude   :Kappa: I do sense a lot of resentment in your words though..

As a survivor of the Aaeru days, I've learned to value practicality over idealism. I'd rather get some of the pie than no pie at all. In the future, when the market has grown to the point where these companies can be choosers instead of beggars (and when Steam actually allows 18+ games) I expect we'll absolutely see 18+ editions far more often. Kindred Spirits will hopefully go a long way to easing Steam up a little bit. Images might have to be censored to avoid genitalia, but the scene could stay reasonably in tact that way. 

They have not yet stated there will be no 18+ release.

The never stated the opposte either.

I hope they keep the 18+ release on dempasoft only for the enlightened who already knows it could be released there, w/o mentioning its existance even a single time.

I asbolutely despise english VA in jp media, but had to cope with that for a long time since I didn't have a choice if I wanted to play jp games. It's interesting how people can't bear the removal of Few and mostly pointless scenes.

What's the last title with an 18+ release in Japan that Sekai Project released a non-adult version of, but never did the 18+ version?  I'm with Decay here.  Sekai Project has decided that the fact that it does 18+ releases needs to be some big secret.  They've come through thus far (though perhaps belatedly).  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they show that they don't deserve it.