LB Read or no?

Hayashi

I think you should try it with an open-mind instead of judging the game by it's metric scores or asking people about it only to have conjectures. Subjective things as entertainment mediums should not be evaluated on prejudices formed by collaborative opinions and should be experienced at your own personal pace.

I didn't played the game so no personal opinion of mine  D:

Do you mostly care about characters and their relationships instead of the overarching plot?
Do you not mind really long common routes that are mostly filled with fluff?
Do you enjoy melodrama?
Do you like massive eyes?

If yes, read LB.

Alternatively, are you a massive Key fanboy?
If yes, read LB.

If on the other hand you want something that isn't just melodrama with an ending that makes you go "well what the fuck was the point of that", then don't read LB.

Also not advised if you don't like pancakes or seagulls.

Can't be that bad right? It's by Key.

Key is p shitty tho.

As with all Key works, you've got the group that praises it for being an amazing tearjerker and comedy, and another that claims it to be predictable, formulaic, cheap, and perfunctory work for having no purpose but to elicit a few tears with a poor sense of pace and plotting along with twists which tend to trivialize the conflicts. If you like Key, you might as well read it. If you don't like Key, then don't. The only work different enough from the rest is Rewrite.

It's worth the read if you have nothing better to do. It's one of those things that aren't as good as people think it is and isn't as bad as people says it is. The best decision would be to read it yourself and judge it accordingly.

I for one enjoyed it quite a bit so I'd recommend at least giving it a go and see if you like it.

Well more people find it enjoyable than not enjoyable if you judge by votes on vndb. Whether these people have shit taste or not, I don't know. I think you'll enjoy reading it more if you go in with low expectations though. Tbh I read it without prior knowledge of Key's works and I thought it was pretty good.

I think you'll enjoy reading it more if you go in with low expectations though. Tbh I read it without prior knowledge of Key's works and I thought it was pretty good.

THIS, i think one of the reasons i dropped it is because i had very high expectations, i had the impression it was a 'masterpiece', i just found it very average, and slightly boring.

i only played up to Kuds route and i dropped it when the route started. it is funny cuz i was looking up to her route all along, she is so kawaii :P

but i just really felt so bored and couldn't play LB anymore, maybe one day i will come back and finish it.

To the people saying you shouldn't leave the choice of reading a VN or not to reviews. Well I don't have the time for that, especially when VN's can be over 50 hours long.

I myself have this same question in regards to School Days, some say it's great while others say it's poop.

144317tkv0vljm0vjyemkv.jpg

Productive Laziness to the rescue.

Regarding School days, same reason as Nosebleed gave. Play it for the extended knowledge of shitposting/references/meme wars/flames.

I still think it's worth your time for dem interactive animations in the realms of vns at least.

Little Busters is not Clannad or Rewrite, but it isn't bad by any means. I can't really think of any reason to not at least try it, unless you are somehow so pressed for time that you're passing up complete masterpieces to do so.

It has solid production values, some fun characters, and spends 80% of its time on relaxing slice of life. If that's your thing, go for it.

Often heard mixed reviews bout LB, some people rate it as a master piece, others just straight up shit on it while telling people to stay away.

Can't be that bad right? It's by Key.

So what do you guys think? No spoilers please tho

Probably my least favourite key work, due to the story not being interesting enough (for me at least) and having a cast I really couldn't be bothered caring about. The game does have its good points (mainly the true route) which is why I would still say it's worth reading but if you are expecting drama on the level of Clannad or a nicely developed and engrossing story such as in Rewrite you're gonna be sorely dissapointed.

To the people saying you shouldn't leave the choice of reading a VN or not to reviews. Well I don't have the time for that, especially when VN's can be over 50 hours long.I myself have this same question in regards to School Days, some say it's great while others say it's poop.

You can easily look up playthroughs of School Days on youtube and see for yourself how shit it is (spoiler: it's absolute garbage)