Dishonored/X-COM: Enemy Unknown

okami55

I just wanted to ask who here is looking forward to Dishonored and/or X-COM: Enemy Unknown? I am really looking forward to them. The only problem I face is which game should I install and play first.

Both games look like they will be excellent.

Looking forwards to Dishonored for quite som time now. It's made by mostly the makers of Dark messiah: might and magic (friggin amazing game) and with the art director from half life. It does really look promising. Hopefully it will have amazing combat and creative choices for fighting, etc. Steampunk style also looks very well done, hehe I cant wait.

I haven't even heard of X-COM truth be told.... Not so much fan of Turn based games.

Im looking forward to dishonored kindoff.

havent really felt like getting the new xcom as its ment to be alittle.. "scary" or whatsoever.. but the aliens gets a cutscene showing where they are . not like the original when they could attack you without you even saw them. might be a small and silly reason but.. might get it sometime

There is a demo of X-COM on Steam. I pre-loaded Dishonored on Steam last night so all i need to do now is just wait till it officially releases. The next four days are going to be a long wait.

I actually was able to play Dishonored at Quakecon 2012, and it was pretty interesting. There were tons of options for approaching the enemies, from stealth to just teleporting around and rambo-ing. Seeing as I was only there for a bit, the controls seem to fit the console(the demo they had was XBox 360) more than the PC(I'm assuming there's a PC release). Interesting enough, the guy at the booth said that if you're not gonna buy it, at least pirate it. I might actually do that if I had enough space to begin with.

I actually was able to play Dishonored at Quakecon 2012, and it was pretty interesting. There were tons of options for approaching the enemies, from stealth to just teleporting around and rambo-ing. Seeing as I was only there for a bit, the controls seem to fit the console(the demo they had was XBox 360) more than the PC(I'm assuming there's a PC release). Interesting enough, the guy at the booth said that if you're not gonna buy it, at least pirate it. I might actually do that if I had enough space to begin with.

There is a PC release. I have it pre-loaded on Steam and I am just waiting for it to unlock. Just impatiently waiting for October 9th. I have heard some people say they are worried the main character will be overpowered from the start. Would you say the character was overpowered in the demo? I like that there are different powers the player can use for any given situation.

Would you say the character was overpowered in the demo? I like that there are different powers the player can use for any given situation.

I thought that the demo was just showcasing the number of powers available, but if you do happen to have all of them at the same time, it does feel like you're overpowered(some are ammo or mana based though). Although, if there are boss fights, none of that might matter... not too sure.

I thought that the demo was just showcasing the number of powers available, but if you do happen to have all of them at the same time, it does feel like you're overpowered(some are ammo or mana based though). Although, if there are boss fights, none of that might matter... not too sure.

I must admit I like being an overpowered person raining down death and destruction.

I seen a video by Total Biscuit and he said a lot of good things about the game. Now I am just waiting for it to unlock at midnight.

I've been watching my friends play XCOM, and I'm sold on it; the battles can get really tense, and the game is always presenting you with tough choices to make regarding which country to help out, or how to develop your soldiers and their equipment. I can't say many other games have pulled that aspect off as well as XCOM has except... well, the original X-COM games themselves.

Completed Dishonored. Damn this game was friggin awesome, I played it on very hard. Knocking out people as needed and sneaking past most of them.

The game is pretty easy though, you can complete it as you like rambo, non lethal, etc. Best ending is by not killing too many, just kill the major targets and so on. Pretty happy how my choices made the ending.

There is sooo many ways you can complete the game, they really put much though into it.

I'm going to complete the game without any powerups and on very hard in a few months time, as then I have likely forgot how much of the game was. I'll only use autosaves too.

I reccommend the game, its was epic, I score it 94/100 imo.