About to finish Swan Song, what should i read next? (Only translated)

MikeY91

Hello guys, i am about done with Swan Song, what an amazing vn ! definitely one of the top VNs i played.

i am not sure what to play next, both Chaos;Head and Rewrite are on my mind.

i am hesitant to play Rewrite because of the long common route other people mentioned, i dropped Little Busters because of that so i dunno if i will have the same experience with Rewrite.

Anyway, i am looking for a VN that is realistic in terms of human behavior, i don't mind Sci-fi or fictional novels i just pay attention to the personality of the characters.

my ratings for the VNs i played so far:

Little Busters!: (dropped)

Cross Channel: 7/10 (Could have been better but i hated the ending)

Katawa Shoujo: 9/10

G-senjou no Maou: 7/10 (the plot was good, i just didn't like the characters, Haru was cool though)

Saya no Uta: 9/10

Narcissu: 10/10 a masterpiece !

Swan Song: so far 10/10

You can really recommend me any genre, i like deep and thought provoking characters, i love emotional stuff, i am into human psychology, i like vns about Apocalypse, i like romance as long as it makes sense not just people falling in love with each other for no damn reason ! I don't mind violence, blood, rape etc. to summarize, i just don't like visual novels that will make me feel stupid foe reading them.  :P

If you chose steins;gate play it with a guide it is a must for this vn, and yeah the plot, the characters, everything in this vn is amazing.

Just give it time and dont hate the main character also the art is a bit weird (but really good) but you get used to it

i am already downloading it right now haha

ok i will use a walk-through, i usually do that for all vns, i don't wanna just randomly play and arrive at an unexpected ending.

i am already downloading it right now haha

ok i will use a walk-through, i usually do that for all vns, i don't wanna just randomly play and arrive at an unexpected ending.

that is true but specially in this vn, it uses a really stupid and convoluted way to pick the choices, you use a cellphone, by reading your text messages, not reading them or replying to them it will change your path, it takes a bit of time to get used to, that is the only downside of this novel probably.

Forest is not a VN for everybody. Read it with that in mind.

could you explain why?

that is true but specially in this vn, it uses a really stupid and convoluted way to pick the choices, you use a cellphone, by reading your text messages, not reading them or replying to them it will change your path, it takes a bit of time to get used to, that is the only downside of this novel probably.

ah i see, on a second thought, would you consider Steins;Gate to be 'depressing'?

it seems like it has been ages since i played a non depressing vn :(

could you explain why?

It never makes sense, even after finishing. Definitely a title able to proudly say, "Inspired by Alice in Wonderland", but that very nonsensical aspect is part of what makes it so polarizing. Add in its repetitive prose with a translation which doesn't capture the charm of the original, and you have Forest.

For another recommendation, I would've said Umineko as it fits most aspects, but it ends up making you feel stupid (lol). There's also Subarashiki Hibi with its translation on the verge of release, but it been on that status for a few months now. You could always join the hype train though! :sachi:

you monster! :P

yeah the main character is not your typical protagonist but I really like him even if when I started reading the novel I didnt and it takes time to start, the first hours is really slow but once it takes off is amazing, the story is really good and the characters are really good too in my opinion, also the ending are you referring to the "true ending" the normal one that can be taken as the real too or what route in particular ?

Chaos;Head - not recommended!

I mean both "endings". There is no other routes in PC version. I really do not like when protag is stupidier than myself (e.g. who cannot summarize things). I liked protag in Sharin and G Senjou because they are NOT stupid. Here is not the case...

Then, plot. This is not a plot. This is graphomaniac disaster. I do not like Looseboy because he likes to write for hours about meaningless school stories, but here... Comparing with THIS Looseboy prose is just brilliant, really. This is like "take all meaningless things you can imagine and throw them into".

Characters. Utter disappointment. Who is likable? That imbecile, who would fap in the container box anytime? Really? Or who, these girls? I am sure I would be not able to distinct them unless they had different hairstyle! They are all same. Only "believeable" character was that old detective guy, but had too few time.

So you will get 20 hours of wheening, stupidity, and sometimes comparingly stupid murders.

And culprits? It was another stupid move, but in the end it was just another nail in the coffin, as they were same disappointment as all the story.

So not recommended, if you are not 14-year old and want to read about "serious VN for 14-year old".

I do not understand, why there is so much hype about that VN. Stupid story about stupid otaku + pseudo-science, that's all.

Better read dunno, 999? Kikokugai?

// I really dunno, who voted this so high on vndb. This is piece of below mediocre experience, really.

meh opinions are that just opinions and they are very subjective too (that's it why they are opinions xD) , I dont share most of your arguments, also there are 4 routes aside from the kurisu (with her 2 endings) in the pc version and all the versions are the same

999 is only for consoles and I dont enjoy playing with emulators I also wont recommend to someone to play something on emulator when they have 1000 vns to chose that are on pc.

The amazing thing about this is that if he doesnt like the novel he can drop it and start reading something else, like kikokugai that is really short, before 999 i would recommend I/O