VN Reading Club - October 2015 (Symphonic Rain)

Kosakyun

Come on guys, doesn't symphonic rain also look pretty moe to you? (´・ω・`) ...well, at least it's in the lead now.

It's insanely moe. But not only that, the gameplay aspect is really good. I've only played a handful of VNs that were story-focused yet still had an enjoyable and replayable minigame, and Symphonic Rain is one of them.

It's insanely moe. But not only that, the gameplay aspect is really good. I've only played a handful of VNs that were story-focused yet still had an enjoyable and replayable minigame, and Symphonic Rain is one of them.

Someone was telling me the gameplay was shit though.

I'll try going through it and experiencing it for myself. <3

Hi, I would like to join this club as well, if I can. I voted for Symphonic Rain because I have heard very good things about it and because the setting apparently is in a city of italian heritage and, as an italian, I would like to see how they structured too. Also I always found music in visual novel to be a very important part of the experience, so a novel about it sounds very interesting.

Whelp. Due to the changes implemented, the closing of the poll was delayed by almost eight hours.

No worries. Expected results did not change.

SYMPHONIC RAIN STILL WON BITCHES!!!!

And with that, the poll has been closed. The VN of the month is Symphonic Rain. Do use spoiler tags when discussing plot details about the visual novel.

Will be posting statistics on the OP. Thanks for easy statistics, IPB4.

Finally got my desktop up and running again, since it seemed like a prerequisite for the mini-game (although the idea of playing it with an onscreen keyboard amuses me). Got everything setup, launched the game, and was presented with a new and unique option, for a VN: "Free Play". Is this what I think it is? Yes, yes it is. So I gave it a try.

I think I actually did very well for my first time playing the mini-game, but almost certainly would have miserably failed the actual in-game event. Let's hope I get better before they start grading me on it.

Yeah, the minigame is hard. So hard that I ended up going with Lise, because her song was the only one I could play at least a little. Thankfully the easy mode is super-easy and forgiving, because I kinda like the minigame even though I'm really bad at it. The music feels more important when you actually get to "play" it.

I did the minigame for the first time and I scored awful but thankfully in the option there's a easy mode, I'll stick with it because I really playing the songs. Anyway when I heard that a character is named Torta I laughed till my stomach ached ???

It feels a little weird playing a vn with no voice acting now. For more or less my first year of reading vns I would turn off the voices that was my preference but now after a while of keeping the voices on it feel so different. 

Just realized it does have voice acting, it's just the default volume is zero.

Edited by Nimbus
I've been had

That's weird, I'm pretty sure default volume isn't zero... ah well. Interestingly, and perhaps annoyingly (though you could argue Chris being unvoiced when he is the PoV character partially hides his attitude, maybe...), the PoV character is never voiced in this... even when they previously were :(