fault -milestone one- and -milestone two- Side:Above Discussion

Ryechu

For those who keep up with FuwaReviews (and I hope you do!), I just finished up my reviews of both of the Fault games that currently have English translations by Sekai Project.

Milestone One

Milestone Two

If you can't tell, I think this series shows a lot of promise, but I'm not entirely sure I like the release schedule.  What do you all think?

Spoilers in spoiler tags please!

I am actually not sure. I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to do more with M2, but that they wouldn't be able to make the deadline if they did. So they decided to split M2 into 2 parts, so they could keep the deadline and also deliver the same quality as people expect. Im kind of ok with that explanation, theres enough other things I can read in the meantime. I don't really worry about it getting released, so far they delivered what they promised.

The characters in Fault feel "fresh" (not too many stereotypes), the story is interesting enough; it is overall serious, there are some funnies and of course some infodumps about manakravte. I was happy Milestone 2 picked up the pace immediately, because it took a while before I could get into Milestone 1. Overall I thought it was an (surprisingly) enjoyable read.

The only thing Im a bit concerned about is that they keep pulling new manakravte tricks out of the hat.

Also not sure where they want to go with the crazy stuff in the beginning of Milestone 2.