Fall 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

The Noragami episode was just amazing. Definitely one of the best episodes.

The animation was top-notch from the start to end. I especially liked the design of the pacification ring. The soundtrack hit the spot as always. The scenes were executed really well, and the impact was delivered beautifully. All in all it was a solid episode.       

Well, Rakudai ended. I think I'll give it a solid 5/6 on MAL, mostly because it was just a festival of stereotypes and clichés of the genre, except for the 2 MCs actually getting a bit romantic. It wasn't a bad anime, but it doesn't get any better than a 6.

And Owari no Seraph is getting ready for the climax... with everything that has been seen, and what will happen next, this has clearly been one of the top series in action and plot. I certainly didn't expect the identity of the people behind the scheme.

Owarimonogatari ended.... on a very high note. Guess it's time to wait for Kizu and the one final season and we can see this series end for good.

There will be at least 2 more seasons before the whole thing ends (plus the other 2 Kizu movies).

Koyomimonogatari starts airing in January.

Then they can adapt the last 2 novels, one which is still part pf Owarimonogatari and the last one, Zoku Owarimonogatari.

Then we can finally say goodbye to this masterpiece.

Owarimonogatari ended.... on a very high note. Guess it's time to wait for Kizu and the one final season and we can see this series end for good.

There will be at least 2 more seasons before the whole thing ends (plus the other 2 Kizu movies).

Koyomimonogatari starts airing in January.

Then they can adapt the last 2 novels, one which is still part pf Owarimonogatari and the last one, Zoku Owarimonogatari.

Then we can finally say goodbye to this masterpiece.

Fuck, I thought Kizu was the last. You mean I have to deal with this shit for like 2 more years?

Groaaaaaaaaaaaaan.  And why the hell are there 2 ends to monogatari.  This isn't Gainax, there shouldn't need to be an "end of owarimonogatari".  Let the damn series die already.  I'm blaming the author on milking this now.

I sincerely hope they screw up the ending and all the fans get pissed.  That would make the monogatari meta 10/10 for me.

Zoku Owarimonogatari is just the continuation of Owarimonogatari. Although it has a different title, it's the last entry of the series and continues where Owarimonogatari left things off. Remember all these books are in the same LN series "Monogatari Series: Final Season", it's just that, unlike most LNs, we address them not by volumes but by the actual book titles.

Owarimonogatari is the biggest arc in the story and needed 3 entire volumes to be completed, the last one of which has not been adapted into an anime yet because it happens after Koyomimonogatari, chronologically, so they're doing Koyomimonogatari first to fill in the gaps.

Zoku Owarimonogatari is just the aftermath of everything that's happened and the end of the series. (Although, chronologically, it happens before Hanamonogatari)

They'll never mess up the Monogatari Series, it's almost physically impossible with how beloved the whole franchise is and how the adaptations are on point with the novels.

*cries forever about finished One Punch Man and the high probability of no second season either in a long time or ever*

It's a sad reality we have to face. :(

OPM truly was one of the best anime this year, if not only for all the sakuga.

I don't think the probability of a new season is 0% but the manga is only now starting the new arc which will likely last at least another year if it follows the webcomic (and I hear Murata is trying to follow the webcomic as closely as possible). Only then maybe they will have enough material for a second season. I doubt they'll decide to adapt from the webcomic.

Also madhouse never making second seasons.

*cries forever about finished One Punch Man and the high probability of no second season either in a long time or ever*

It's a sad reality we have to face. :(

OPM truly was one of the best anime this year, if not only for all the sakuga.

I don't think the probability of a new season is 0% but the manga is only now starting the new arc which will likely last at least another year if it follows the webcomic (and I hear Murata is trying to follow the webcomic as closely as possible). Only then maybe they will have enough material for a second season. I doubt they'll decide to adapt from the webcomic.

Yeah. They "could" have enough material, but most of the following "arcs" are kinda... well, fillers. Blizzard, King... only with Garou it kinda starts again. And with how slow Murata is (although he does make an excellent adaptation), it's very unlikely we'll see any One Punch Man anytime soon. And like you said, Madhouse... So I'm thinking it's way more probable we'll never see anything else from OPM. Maybe some later OVAs with King and Blizzard?

Really the last episode of One-Punch was Great.

Boros's death scene was beautiful. All those references to the first episode were appreciated. The fight was amazing, especially the later half.
Definitely gonna miss OPM.
Will read the manga, mostly won't go for the webcomics though(coz you know ONE's art).

I just wish that we do get a season 2 at some point of time....... One can only hope.  

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? Episode 12 - The end :(

XqGYBBJ.png
And with that end of season for me. 
Everything I watched. 
Shomin Sample 7/10
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 6/10
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai 6/10
Comet Lucifer 3/10 

Winter was kinda meh forme. Bring on new season!

Wtf this wasn't Seraph of the End's end!? Dang, now I'll be super shaken until I see a third season announced... how epic has it been, and how much we still need to find out.

You made the mistake of assuming a manga adaptation was ending even after it got a second season. I don't know what to say to you.

Wat? I assumed the anime was ending (no idea where the manga is), since it was hinted a lot that this second season was going for the big finale and the series was finishing.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? Episode 12 - The end :(

XqGYBBJ.png
And with that end of season for me. 
Everything I watched. 
Shomin Sample 7/10
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 6/10
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai 6/10
Comet Lucifer 3/10 

Winter was kinda meh forme. Bring on new season!

That was Fall. Winter is what's coming now.

That... is surprisingly a Krul ending for Owari no Seraph... Get it? Because Krul...

Alright alright, I'll show myself out....

Still pissed at the ending because they took the best loli of 2015 away. Though I'm happy with all of those bible stuff with the 6 seraphim from the book of revelations.

Now waiting for the miracle of this show having a third season in 3 years, which probably would not. 

After procrastinating for a week because of episode 11, I finished Rakudai Kishi. Errr. I don't know what else to say other than even though what happened was obvious, this episode really is the culmination of the entire season. Such a perfect way to end the season and wait for the next one.

The way they ended it was pretty great. I'll say it again, episode 12 is the culmination of every episode before it, and it was fucking fantastic payoff for the buildup of the entire season.  This makes it my AOTS even over my pleasurable Heavy Object.

Now we wait for next Fall Season for Season 2 of Rakudai :jinpou: 

Update: After finishing OPM, I only have one thing to say. 

One Punch Man is a 7/10 show. It has great moments, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO it does not deserve very high a place in the hallmark of anime.

Seriously.  If I had to pin down what about it I didn't particularly care about, it would be that it half asses the continuity so hard.  This is probably a byproduct of it being an old style monster of the week type of show where every week is about fighting the big bad that shows up, and that's its strong point.  Where it falls apart to me is how there is only a singular method that you can tell how the world is changing, and that is that Saitama ever so slowly goes up in ranks with the hero association.  Every week a part of the city basically gets wiped off the map, and by the next week it's somewhat back together again, reverting everything back to nothingness, almost making everything seem part of the twilight realm; the only thing making you sure that it wasn't a dream and is really a series of connected events is that Saitama rises in the ranks.  That entire ranking system may as well not exist and the show would literally not change a single damn bit.  As someone who takes pleasure in a story unfolding or being told, the events being displayed feel like the epilogue of the epic rather than the epic.  We only see the glimpse of him as a job hunter and his crossing of the threshold, but then we cut to the point of mastery.  The entire story between the two points is glossed over as "I did mediocre strength training and fought monsters, somewhere along the line I lost my emotional reaction to fighting."  

SERIOUSLY?

The only thing keeping me from dropping it lower were that the animation is MADHouse standard quality of pretty good, and for it's ever so slight skew of traditional tropes of the genre.  As far as the narrative goes, it's only an average 5/10.

This is the real truth of the post.

Edited by Abyssal Monkey

After procrastinating for a week because of episode 11, I finished Rakudai Kishi. Errr. I don't know what else to say other than even though what happened was obvious, this episode really is the culmination of the entire season. Such a perfect way to end the season and wait for the next one.

The way they ended it was pretty great. I'll say it again, episode 12 is the culmination of every episode before it, and it was fucking fantastic payoff for the buildup of the entire season.  This makes it my AOTS even over my pleasurable Heavy Object.

Now we wait for next Fall Season for Season 2 of Rakudai :jinpou: 

Update: After finishing OPM, I only have one thing to say. 

One Punch Man is a 7/10 show. It has great moments, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO it does not deserve very high a place in the hallmark of anime.

Seriously.  If I had to pin down what about it I didn't particularly care about, it would be that it half asses the continuity so hard.  This is probably a byproduct of it being an old style monster of the week type of show where every week is about fighting the big bad that shows up, and that's its strong point.  Where it falls apart to me is how there is only a singular method that you can tell how the world is changing, and that is that Saitama ever so slowly goes up in ranks with the hero association.  Every week a part of the city basically gets wiped off the map, and by the next week it's somewhat back together again, reverting everything back to nothingness, almost making everything seem part of the twilight realm; the only thing making you sure that it wasn't a dream and is really a series of connected events is that Saitama rises in the ranks.  That entire ranking system may as well not exist and the show would literally not change a single damn bit.  As someone who takes pleasure in a story unfolding or being told, the events being displayed feel like the epilogue of the epic rather than the epic.  We only see the glimpse of him as a job hunter and his crossing of the threshold, but then we cut to the point of mastery.  The entire story between the two points is glossed over as "I did mediocre strength training and fought monsters, somewhere along the line I lost my emotional reaction to fighting."  

SERIOUSLY?

The only thing keeping me from dropping it lower were that the animation is MADHouse standard quality of pretty good, and for it's ever so slight skew of traditional tropes of the genre.  As far as the narrative goes, it's only an average 5/10.

That is the entire point of the series. This is not an adventure anime, not a standard shonen. It's actually similar to Gintama, in the aspect that it actually makes fun of superheroes and shonens. We don't see the story of his training because it's completely uninteresting. He simply trains and, before he realizes, he has become a monster. That right there is already OPM making fun of other anime, where characters (especially MCs) become super broken for no real reason. The anime is not about the hero association, or about defeating monsters (read either the manga or the webcomic, or listen here, ofc: OPM is not a "weekly monster" story, where every week there's a new monster to bash. It's a parody). Saitama represents how silly and nonsensical most MCs are in superhero/shounen series, by becoming completely apathetic now that he's simply too strong to have any excitement (just like how we know that MCs will always win). He's a standard shonen MC who has realized that there's no point to, well, anything. He's too strong to lose.

The main problem and thing people criticize about OPM, is that it's very misunderstood. People think it's an action anime with some humour, and consequently criticize its lack of a deeper plot or meaningful continuity. And that's the thing. OPM is none of that. It's a parody, a pretty smart parody that pokes at the traditional tools of stories of adventure and action. Usually people don't believe (or even consider this) because OPM is very short and simplistic. But smart humour/parody does not come from big words or lenghty gags.
I can understand you not liking it as much, with what you explained, but it's mainly because since episode 1, you misunderstood the series, and you have been judging it for what it's not, instead of what it is. If I have a complain about OPM, is that it would indeed be even way more awesome if it had expanded on some secondary heroes. Alas, we cannot have everything, especially when the original material is a loyal manga adaptation of a very straightforward web comic.

That... is surprisingly a Krul ending for Owari no Seraph... Get it? Because Krul...

Alright alright, I'll show myself out....

Hidden Content

They are replacing her with a trap! xD