Fall 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Sorry that I like my waifus thin~~~~

A thin person wouldn't obsess itself with "that troubling fat percentage". It's a horribly clichéd and boring idea that they keep throwing into anime when it comes to young girls. It's horribly distasteful.

Well sorry that my taste is shit!

Tried watching Shinmai Maou S2 (watched the 1st one, can't be worse right?), the different animation basically puts this to animated hentai standards, which I guess it's ironically fitting.

My main problem with the show still persists though, the fanservice is god awfully cringey and I just can't get into it. It's so unnatural, so forced and so awkward that I just can't even look sometimes.

I love ecchi, but it needs to be done right. The author's previous work, Hagure Yuusha, at the very least had a charismatic protagonist that just nailed everything (and everyone), but Shinmai Maou just has this bland "I'll protect my harem" protag and girls flock around him because magic (that is actually the reason, it wasn't a hyperbole). And when it's time to fondle some breasts, it's so weird looking with one of the girls acting as if she's constantly orgasming (really hard) and the protagonist doesn't know what the hell to do.

So I guess my main point is: this show is still bad and Hagure Yuusha deserves a second season much more.

Time to put this one in the traaaaash.

Oh man, only half way into this week's episode of Asterisk, and the MC has tagged himself as a spineless wuss, and the heroine is spouting random lines that sound cool but make no sense whatsoever in their context. So much le sigh. And that scene at the end, oh god hahaha. The MC is already failing extremely hard, in a horribly obvious plot device.

Oh man, only half way into this week's episode of Asterisk, and the MC has tagged himself as a spineless wuss, and the heroine is spouting random lines that sound cool but make no sense whatsoever in their context. So much le sigh. And that scene at the end, oh god hahaha. The MC is already failing extremely hard, in a horribly obvious plot device.

I was facepalming so hard at the end of the episode. I'm just like... how oblivious can you fucking get? 

Meanwhile, GochiUsa was fantastic as usual.

I was facepalming so hard at the end of the episode. I'm just like... how oblivious can you fucking get? 

Meanwhile, GochiUsa was fantastic as usual.

Yeah lol. It wouldn't have hurt so much if they didn't force this to happen through such a silly event.

I mean, c'on. "Please, don't leave her side since she's being targetted". Sees her reading an odd letter with a serious face. Sees her leave the classroom suspiciously early with a serious face. What does our MC do? "Meh, bet it's some girly thing. Amiright?!"

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry episode 3 This show.... Gakusen Toshi Asterisk episode 3 It is actually better than Chivalry; that doesn't really say much though. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? 2 is great. Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid episode 3 Drops that she is 15 and actually younger than the other small girl. I love anime. Testament Burst is pretty dumb. And I don't think I need to watch this show any more. (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai)

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry episode 3 This show.... Gakusen Toshi Asterisk episode 3 It is actually better than Chivalry; that doesn't really say much though. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? 2 is great. Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid episode 3 Drops that she is 15 and actually younger than the other small girl. I love anime. Testament Burst is pretty dumb. And I don't think I need to watch this show any more. (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai)

You are kidding, right? Asterisk and Chivalry are super similar, but if this week has proved smth is that Asterisk's MC is more clichéd and boring than it seemed at first, and that they are not even gonna try to make sense with the plot. At least Chivalry's characters are a bit more straightforward...

Ignoring the fragrant loli tones in Lances n Masques, I would say that this is the sleeping dog for me this season.  With episode 3 introducing random magic out of nowhere and the laughably overly dramatic fight sequences, I can't help but feel that this show doesn't take itself entirely seriously, and I like it.  I think that it's actually what makes the whole loli thing somewhat bearable, because it knows how silly it can be.  

Asterisk is looking for 4 episodes per volume of light novel which I can respect, it cuts out most of the extra filler lines in the book with actual action, making it better in my opinion.  On the other side of the ring we have Magic Knights which looks to be around 5 episodes per volume, and that doesn't really make me all that happy.  For series like this, you need that speed for audience cohesion from week to week.  That doesn't mean it's bad though, if anything, I would say that in the animation department Magic Knights is soundly defeating Asterisk.  Asterisk has too many still shots, and I felt like I was reading a visual novel rather than watching an animation.

Heavy Object continues to be Heavy Object.  If I have one complaint, it seems like the contrivances in Heavy Object are abound.  Index had a few of them, but it at least did the pay off in a satisfying manner comparatively.  I was honestly expecting something more well thought out for defeating the monster of the month.  Hopefully it doesn't continue with 5 minute "Oh, solution! - Done! - Lets call it a day." climaxes. That would really ruin the show for me.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry episode 3 This show.... Gakusen Toshi Asterisk episode 3 It is actually better than Chivalry; that doesn't really say much though. 

You are kidding, right? Asterisk and Chivalry are super similar, but if this week has proved smth is that Asterisk's MC is more clichéd and boring than it seemed at first, and that they are not even gonna try to make sense with the plot. At least Chivalry's characters are a bit more straightforward...

Lol.  People critiquing and expecting more out of action shonen series than fairly surface level characters.  The real things you should concern yourself with is how well the actual plot and setting work together to tell the story of the characters than the characters themselves.

Lol.  People critiquing and expecting more out of action shonen series than fairly surface level characters.  The real things you should concern yourself with is how well the actual plot and setting work together to tell the story of the characters than the characters themselves.

That's the problem.This kind of series works if they go with the simple stuff and don't try to be too smart about it (if they lack the material to have an actual smart series). But if they go way too below, it becomes cringeworthy. I'm watching Asterisk and Chivalry because they look like the kind of anime you can easily watch for simple, plain amusement. But it'll be a torture if they don't even care for the most basic of basics. That was not fairly surface level characters, that was the episode ignoring its first half because why not, this way we can have some dramaaaa!!

The lastest episode of both Cavalry and Asterisk are just okay-ish. But I still prefer Cavalry as it's characters seem more interesting and the fights are also better(the animation too).

And I was thinking about watching 'Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru', but since no-one has posted anything about it I'd like to ask if it's good.

And I was thinking about watching 'Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru', but since no-one has posted anything about it I'd like to ask if it's good.

The first episode was really... meh?

It didn't really set anything up in the show so far other than that we have a manic girl who is the daughter of some famous forensic professor who has the randomly magical ability to see through flesh and into the skeletons of people. We also have tag-along-kun who is meant to be her restrainer yet only ends up in a subservient role where he can't do anything other than be her cute little pet.

Wait till episode 3 for some actual insight into the series's plot commentary.  On the technical aspects, everything seemed reasonably fine, except that I think they blew half the budget on the first episode in a single 30 second clip of her magical stare into the skeleton of two dead people.

The lastest episode of both Cavalry and Asterisk are just okay-ish. But I still prefer Cavalry as it's characters seem more interesting and the fights are also better(the animation too).

The premise is great, the execution is just meh. But it could still become someting but at this point it is not great.

If you want someting different and are not watching it yet try the new UTAWARERUMONO -Itsuwari no Kamen- it is possibly one of the best series this season.
it also has one of those rare homey feelings to it.

It didn't really set anything up in the show so far other than that we have a manic girl who is the daughter of some famous forensic professor who has the randomly magical ability to see through flesh and into the skeletons of people. We also have tag-along-kun who is meant to be her restrainer yet only ends up in a subservient role where he can't do anything other than be her cute little pet.

Wait till episode 3 for some actual insight into the series's plot commentary.  On the technical aspects, everything seemed reasonably fine, except that I think they blew half the budget on the first episode in a single 30 second clip of her magical stare into the skeleton of two dead people.

The premise is great, the execution is just meh. But it could still become someting but at this point it is not great.

If you want someting different and are not watching it yet try the new UTAWARERUMONO -Itsuwari no Kamen- it is possibly one of the best series this season.

So I should probably wait a bit longer to see if Sakurako improves.
Thanks for your help.

As for Utawareumono, I'm avoiding it since I want to play the vn before I watch the adaptation.

Thanks for your help.

As for Utawareumono, I'm avoiding it since I want to play the vn before I watch the adaptation.

Utawareumono is an alternative adaptation. As far as I know, it does not follow the VN in any way. There's already a completed anime that adapts the VN.

Thanks for your help.

Utawareumono is an alternative adaptation. As far as I know, it does not follow the VN in any way. There's already a completed anime that adapts the VN.

we are talking about that new one, not the old one.

.....you know i dont know if i like that new quote system, or the line distance for that matter.

The quoting is completely insane, so I'm just gonna use @havoc. I know we are talking about the new one, that's precisely why I said "Utawareumono is an alternative adaptation. As far as I know, it does not follow the VN in any way."

A sorry i misread because of this part ''There's already a completed anime that adapts the VN.''.

My mistake.