Fall 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

The quoting is completely insane, so I'm just gonna use @havoc. I know we are talking about the new one, that's precisely why I said "Utawareumono is an alternative adaptation. As far as I know, it does not follow the VN in any way."

Yep the quoting is pretty annoying so @havoc to the rescue.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the current anime seems to be based on the sequel to the original vn. I was avoiding it since I thought I will be missing out on some stuff. I generally prefer not to miss out on stuff (like some good references the prequel and the cut stuff).

The quoting is completely insane, so I'm just gonna use @havoc. I know we are talking about the new one, that's precisely why I said "Utawareumono is an alternative adaptation. As far as I know, it does not follow the VN in any way."

Yep the quoting is pretty annoying so @havoc to the rescue.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the current anime seems to be based on the sequel to the original vn. I was avoiding it since I thought I will be missing out on some stuff. I generally prefer not to miss out on stuff (like some good references the prequel and the cut stuff).

Didn't even know it has a sequel. Is it in English though? Cuz otherwise...

The new Utawarerumono anime is not an alternative adaption but a sequel set between 15-20 years after the original. It is based on a VN called Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen which is a sequel to the original Utawarerumono VN. It only came out a month ago so it obviously doesn't have an english translation yet.

A lot of people are saying that it's is completely unrelated to the original but this isn't true and they're probably just assuming it based on the first few episodes. While you probably could enjoy Itsuwari no Kamen without having either read the original VN or seen the original anime I do not reccomend doing so. Itsuwari no Kamen pretty much assumes that you've experienced the original Utawarerumono and therefore doesn't always explain things you'd already understand if you've done so.

pretty much, what the mod above me says.

Here are some usefull links.

link to the vn:

https://vndb.org/v7721

link to the origional anime announcement:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-06/2nd-utawarerumono-game-gets-tv-anime-in-october/.88983

@FinalChaos

I would just watch the anime, because as of now there is as far as i know no annoucement of a translation of the game so it will probably take a long time before it is fully translated.

I think you can relativly safly expect it to be 5-10 years before the game is fully translated and available, if ever.

So unless you a very large amount of paitience i would simply watch it. (i think it might be one of the best shows this season along with the new gundam.)

Dont hold me to the gundam though, it has had a very strong and good start so far, but there are more gundam series that start out good and end in disaster.

....and why can i not turn the fat lines of for that piece above me..........well i guess i can live with that easier that the line distance.

Damm it Tay fix the line distance........yeah i know should not be complaining^_^

The new Utawarerumono anime is not an alternative adaption but a sequel set between 15-20 years after the original. It is based on a VN called Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen which is a sequel to the original Utawarerumono VN. It only came out a month ago so it obviously doesn't have an english translation yet.

A lot of people are saying that it's is completely unrelated to the original but this isn't true and they're probably just assuming it based on the first few episodes. While you probably could enjoy Itsuwari no Kamen without having either read the original VN or seen the original anime I do not reccomend doing so. Itsuwari no Kamen pretty much assumes that you've experienced the original Utawarerumono and therefore doesn't always explain things you'd already understand if you've done so.

I see, thx for the explanation. And I can guess it's related since in the latest episode we see Hakuoro. I'm in the middle of playing the first VN, and since in this anime Hakuoro shows up with a different position than which he has in the VN, I guessed they had put him as a sort of cameo.

pretty much, what the mod above me says.

Here are some usefull links.

link to the vn:

https://vndb.org/v7721

link to the origional anime announcement:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-06/2nd-utawarerumono-game-gets-tv-anime-in-october/.88983

@FinalChaos

I would just watch the anime, because as of now there is as far as i know no annoucement of a translation of the game so it will probably take a long time before it is fully translated.

I think you can relativly safly expect it to be 5-10 years before the game is fully translated and available, if ever.

So unless you a very large amount of paitience i would simply watch it. (i think it might be one of the best shows this season along with the new gundam.)

Hidden Content

....and why can i not turn the fat lines of for that piece above me..........well i guess i can live with that easier that the line distance.

Damm it Tay fix the line distance........yeah i know should not be complaining^_^

Yeah but since it's a sequel I'll still need to play the first vn before watching it.

Well one more reason to increase it's prio in my long to-read list.

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-.
Well after three episodes, i think i can dump this one down in the bin.
It's sad really, because the premise is one of the best and going from the premise is could have been one of the best series of the season, having a interesting lead pair with a somewhat well expressed age diffrence and a more interesting job than the usual for anime and some great animation. (besides the god awfull magical girl style transformation scene)
unforunatly it falls flat on its face in terms of exection, the stories are boring the police even more in competent than in real life (Is that even possible?) and being episodic the mysteries are solved so quickly and without any actual clues that it is plain boring.

To bad though, the premisde really has a lot of promise.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk episode 04 Still pretty bad but I find it watchable. The Perfect Insider Great mystery show so far. I should drop this one (Testament Burst). And Rabbit episode 03  ☑.

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid episode 03

That is a lady riding another lady on a bike, while occasionally fondling her breast. 

OtMSSbI.png

Sure. Why not!

Ended up dropping shows: Noragami Aragoto (Not really in the mood for this, I might rewatch when all ep are out), Chivalry (Real rough, can't handle it), Sakurako-san (I might come back to this?), and Anitore! EX (This should of been goat of the season).

???

I have no idea which one cause it is on image rotate. 

Asterisk ep4, god there's so much stuff that I want to nitpick about this. But the most annoying part was the protag's 'purpose', really now how cliched and idiotic can you get. 

Rakudai was good. It's making steady progress, didn't expect them to confess so soon though(a nice change from the norm).

I really wish we could have the graphics and sound from asterisk and the characters from Rakudai in one anime. 

Asterisk ep4, god there's so much stuff that I want to nitpick about this. But the most annoying part was the protag's 'purpose', really now how cliched and idiotic can you get. 

Rakudai was good. It's making steady progress, didn't expect them to confess so soon though(a nice change from the norm).

I really wish we could have the graphics and sound from asterisk and the characters from Rakudai in one anime. 

Asterisk had me laughing really hard.  The light novel masks most of the really silly stuff, but the animation doesn't.  So when you see him telling her point face that "My purpose is to protect you." when he has little to no justification behind it, you can't help but laugh like a madman.  The show really highlights the cliches the story builds upon extremely well.  I don't think the show could hide them even if it covered the show with a plastic screen covering it.  Every last bit of trope stands out plain as day, and I can't help but wonder if the animators are doing it on purpose.

Rakudai keeps chugging along at it's own pace, doing every thing well.  The confession was great, but the manga version makes it so much more entertaining.  Ikki isn't nearly as crippled in bed where he can't move.  I haven't read the actual books yet, but it really seems like they streamlined what is meant to be the defining highlight of the show that makes it stand out from every other series in the genre, the romance.  There are tons of school battle series that do psuedo romance into harem, but I think this is one of the few that takes to the left fork of singular romance instead.  The way they downplayed that scene is really going to screw people over into thinking that this show is a harem as it continues even though they effectively just confessed and became a couple at this point.  Inb4 people start claiming the show turns into a harem, because being in a relationship with someone yet still having a girl or two pine after you is totally the definition of harem.  I'm looking at you guys Raildex and SAO :jinpou::vinty::amane:

As for your comment about the animation, I'm sticking to my statement that I think the aesthetic of Rakudai fits the show much better than Asterisk's does.  This week Asterisk showcased that 3D model animation in anime still doesn't look good when heavily relied upon, and that if you intend to use it, do so in a way that everything looks fairly equal.  It seems that Asterisk is using 3D modeling in an attempt to cut budget where it doesn't really need to be where Rakudai uses it to make the backgrounds a little more lively.  The ending to Asterisk really showcases this when they have the president come on with an emote engine bouncing around like wet pudding. I'm willing to bet that at some point in the creation of the show they bought the rights to use that piece of software to cut down on work, only to realize that it looked terrible. 

Speaking of Raildex, Heavy Object this week continues to be entertaining.  I honestly wasn't expecting them to have the princess play the airhead.  My only real observation about this series so far other than "It's Kazuma" is that the main characters seem to be discovering that typical methods of covert warfare do in fact still work on Objects.  "Lets sabotage their logistics!" and "Lets destroy their ballast!" are still completely viable ways to take down heavy artillery.  It makes me question what all the military generals of the world were thinking when they saw the dominance of the Object other than "Oh fuck, we can't penetrate it's armor with anything other than a nuke!".  I mean seriously, did everyone shit all the logic out their asses?  Even in the most basic of strategy games like Evony or Ikariam, the only way to siege endgame is to rotate out units and let them recover.  It's during that recovery time that you strike the enemy to take them out.  I can't believe this isn't in tactics 1001 in officer training in military school.  Also, I love the relationship that the princess and Qwenthur currently have.  I do hope that Kazuma didn't go full savior complex and have him go around saving different bases and every time "acquire" a new female cast member.  The show as it stands as a psuedo tactics romance works well, and deviating from the focus of actual combat would be to detriment I think.  Having the CO be the dominatrix is amusing, with Havia being the idiot is working so far.  Here's hoping it doesn't change too much, and the opening gives me some hope, yet trope-ically makes me fearful.  The law of women in the openings of anime states that the fewer the women, the more screen time and focus they get from the main character, leading me to believe that Qwenthur may be seeing one or two unwanted pests at his side.

Asterisk had me laughing really hard.  The light novel masks most of the really silly stuff, but the animation doesn't.  So when you see him telling her point face that "My purpose is to protect you." when he has little to no justification behind it, you can't help but laugh like a madman.  The show really highlights the cliches the story builds upon extremely well.  I don't think the show could hide them even if it covered the show with a plastic screen covering it.  Every last bit of trope stands out plain as day, and I can't help but wonder if the animators are doing it on purpose.

Rakudai keeps chugging along at it's own pace, doing every thing well.  The confession was great, but the manga version makes it so much more entertaining.  Ikki isn't nearly as crippled in bed where he can't move.  I haven't read the actual books yet, but it really seems like they streamlined what is meant to be the defining highlight of the show that makes it stand out from every other series in the genre, the romance.  There are tons of school battle series that do psuedo romance into harem, but I think this is one of the few that takes to the left fork of singular romance instead.  The way they downplayed that scene is really going to screw people over into thinking that this show is a harem as it continues even though they effectively just confessed and became a couple at this point.  Inb4 people start claiming the show turns into a harem, because being in a relationship with someone yet still having a girl or two pine after you is totally the definition of harem.  I'm looking at you guys Raildex and SAO :jinpou::vinty::amane:

As for your comment about the animation, I'm sticking to my statement that I think the aesthetic of Rakudai fits the show much better than Asterisk's does.  This week Asterisk showcased that 3D model animation in anime still doesn't look good when heavily relied upon, and that if you intend to use it, do so in a way that everything looks fairly equal.  It seems that Asterisk is using 3D modeling in an attempt to cut budget where it doesn't really need to be where Rakudai uses it to make the backgrounds a little more lively.  The ending to Asterisk really showcases this when they have the president come on with an emote engine bouncing around like wet pudding. I'm willing to bet that at some point in the creation of the show they bought the rights to use that piece of software to cut down on work, only to realize that it looked terrible. 

Well I don't know how much different was the original confession scene, but it seemed fine to me. There were only 2 girls to begin with - Stella and Shizuku. And with the scene between Shizuku and Alice, the couples are pretty set. Though yeah other girls might be coming along later on but I think the anime made it pretty clear that they are a couple. Plus it was a proper straightforward confession rather the convoluted, indirect and vague confessions that happen a lot of time. 
I might be biased though as I generally don't like when things get too cheesy.

As for the animation part, yeah I agree that Asterisk's animation is not great, the 3D models sucked and those episode-end scenes are just bad(really I was thinking wth happened when I first saw it).
But I had said graphics and not animation. It doesn't seem like I was able to say it properly though. What I meant was that the general visuals of Asterisk are better than Rakudai. I do understand that Rakudai's art-style fits it, but it could definitely use an upgrade. Actually you can even say that difference is due to the different budgets that the two shows have. Just compare the OP and ED of the two shows, it's clear to see that Asterisk is better. That sakura-blossom and the sunset scene in Rakudai, they were definitely meant to be more impactful and vibrant. 

Yuru Yuri really puts a smile on my face every time it airs.
It was so nice to have some Ayano x Kyouko last episode, they're my favorite pairing in the show, and this episode we got to see the rare Akane x Tomoko, they're so freaking cute together, I wish Akane would pay more attention to her but nothing in this world will ever cure her sister complex.

Gochuumon comes in at a close second with the heart warming moments. Chino seems to be extra moe this season.

Owarimonogatari is pulling all the jedi mind tricks with Ougi. I really have no clue what to think about her at this point in time.
As for Sodachi, I think she's a little full of herself, although I probably don't know the entire story yet so I'll hold back the final verdict.

Shinmai Maou no testament is just... blegh, I don't even have words to describe the shittyness.

Sadly this season I can't watch a ton of anime because of college so I'll be waiting for people's input before deciding what to watch.

> Says he has limited time

Shinmai Maou no testament is just... blegh, I don't even have words to describe the shittyness.

> Proceeds to watch something he thinks is utter shit. 

GG :sachi: 

Asterisk new episode... I don't even know.. I like the anime but so much disbelief throughout each episode it's getting unbearable...

Gochuumon is reining as my AOTS, even over YuruYuri, maybe YuruYuri's charm is just wearing off going into a 3rd season (They changed how Akari was portrayed, maybe that's a reason)

I'm really enjoying Taimadou Gakuen, especially the new girl in the recent episode, loved her personality. 

Still need to watch ep2 and ep3 of both Aria AA and Cavalry (if not a 4th ep by now), I was a fan of the former's main series, and liked the first episode of the latter. Just gotta get around to watching them.

Sakurako-san bored the living shit out of me, so I didn't bother going past halfway through ep1

And that covers everything I'm watching this season... what a pitifully small number :amane: 

Choujin Gensou finally picked up pace in this episode. It was much better than the previous ones. It's nice to see more about Jiro and his past. We also see some major plot advancement.
I was happy with this episode as it managed to pique my interest and was also well-executed. Hopefully the next episodes are also as good.

Had 4 weeks to catch up to for the season, but it wasn't that bad since I only watched a couple anime. One Punch Man will be a weekly anticipation for me this season. With it being a mix of unconventional hero mechanics, good comedy, and a budget unheard of for this type of anime, One Punch Man is so much fun to watch! But damn it, I hate how the best anime are usually only one cour. I hope the next season doesn't take too long. D:

Heavy Object is pretty enjoyable also, but there are a few irksome details that kinda get on my nerves. The most glaring issue is the ecchi-based humor, which is pretty much the same typical shit you see in fan-servicey anime like this all the time. It's starting to bother me how much the character give the wink face too. Give it a break already, it's only cool when Rin does it. But other than that, I do think the premise is interesting and it has the kind of energy I like in action scenes. Milinda is adorable too. :3

2ZAENAG.png

There was one other anime I was gonna pick up this season, but I forgot what it was, lol. Any recommendations you guys would have for me?

Edit: Eh, nevermind, I'm just gonna watch the new Gundam series. I think it's about time I got into this franchise. Liking it so far.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

4th episode of Taimadou Gakuen... There's a lot of things I like about this anime, but it's always held back by the scripting for each episode. One thing I really love about this anime is Mari, the newest character. I'm easily satisfied by an anime if I love a character in it, so that's a huge plus for me. Some things that happened in the episode were very satisfying and avoided unneeded drama.

Us as the audience already knew Mari was innocent of the murders she was charged with, but then Ohtori found out about them. Instead of bringing up unnecessary drama of her accusing Mari of being a murderer, she goes all detective and comes to the conclusion that Mari actually is innocent. Oh how do I hate characters being unfairly framed for things (especially ones I love), and having Ohtori clearing her was a great thing for me

But then the second half of the episode came, and... I was left disappointed (again)

Before, I was disappointed by the fact the mbain character's "Relic Eater" made him go all powerranger mode. I liked him being some badass in regular school clothes being skilled with a sword, but instead we get some mechasuit thingy, and that... just was meh after I was really enjoying stuff. Then Mari joined, and I loved her and everything happening... then we get the second half of this episode, Mari's sudden memory return, quick summary, huge scene mood change, and then a HORRIBLY scripted fightscene that was completely garbage to watch left me with a bitter taste. Dialogue was overly used and cringy as well...

Overall, I enjoy the anime, but it sucks that for me, it has so many ups and downs each episode that leave me dissatisfied with my experience.

Dropping so many shows like flies. Aria AA, so long. I think I went from 18 to 6 shows this season; this season just not doing it for me. 

Shomin Sample 4: The drama and everything that came from it is so dumb as hell but I like it. 

Edit: 

As much as I like yuri and dumb fan service, Mermaid is just too much for me. So drop.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 5 Enjoy. MC was not OP.  

Edited by HotTrax
No DP

So I've come to the conclusion that I actually do have enough time to add more anime to my watching list.
Thus I'd like to ask, what anime this season would you guys recommend now that things are kinda halfway done.

Currently, from the full length shows, I'm only watching:

• One Punch Man
  • Yuru Yuri S3
  • Owarimonogatari
  • Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka
  • Noragami Aragoto

So I've come to the conclusion that I actually do have enough time to add more anime to my watching list.
Thus I'd like to ask, what anime this season would you guys recommend now that things are kinda halfway done.

• One Punch Man
  • Yuru Yuri S3
  • Owarimonogatari
  • Noragami Aragoto

Uwatarerumono.

Also, what great build-up on Haikyuu this week, and this is desktop background material.

c1b594c690630c8d4f1f218cc29927bf.jpg

One-punch man latest episode
Oh my god, we actually get a glimpse of the Saitama from the OP. I totally hadn't expected him to take Genos seriously. Damn the impact of that scene just amazing.

CaogVsn.png
One-punch nough said

• One Punch Man
  • Yuru Yuri S3
  • Owarimonogatari
  • Noragami Aragoto

Well the best ones this season for me are One-punch Man and Noragami which you are already watching. Apart from them the ones good enough are Rakudai no Kishi and Choujin Gensou according to me.