Fall 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Noragami:

It was the anime I was looking forward to the most and it has not disappointed. Really it's well-deserving of the hype.

K RoK:

The first episode was good-ish. I didn't exactly appreciate the fact that they just randomly threw in a flash-back just as an excuse to show off the budget. And the fan-service felt a bit more blatant.  But still it is a treat for the eyes and I think that it will become better from the second episode.

Asterisk War:

Well it was pretty meh..... aaaand I don't really have much else to say about it. Will see a bit more before deciding to drop it or not.

Rakudai no Kishi:

It was actually better than what I had expected and I have a feeling that it will only get better. Definitely gonna be watching it.

Well since both Asterisk War and Rakudai no Kishi have a bit similar setting, I was thinking that I might end watching one of the two. Initially I had expected Asterisk to be better but it turns out that I was wrong. Asterisk did have more hype and better visuals so I thought.......Anyways let's see if Asterisk can get me interested.

This season looks quite bleak so I can't say I'm excited about any shows save for Owarimonogatari.

That said, this weekend I turned off my brain and approached a couple of shows with an open mind

and boatloads of patience.

So far I've watched:  Asterisk

Magical Knight

I'm saving Monogatari for tonight :P

Both of those fantasy school setting shows are so generic and bland that it hurts, not to mention the MC

might as well be the exact same person in both of them. Luckily, Asterisk has a sizeable budget and very

cute girls and Magic Knight has pretty good action sequences and reverse groping! XD

At the very least they did not fail to entertain, but that's just me.

This season looks quite bleak so I can't say I'm excited about any shows save for Owarimonogatari.

That said, this weekend I turned off my brain and approached a couple of shows with an open mind

and boatloads of patience.

So far I've watched:  Asterisk

Magical Knight

I'm saving Monogatari for tonight :P

Both of those fantasy school setting shows are so generic and bland that it hurts, not to mention the MC

might as well be the exact same person in both of them. Luckily, Asterisk has a sizeable budget and very

cute girls and Magic Knight has pretty good action sequences and reverse groping! XD

The MC in Magical Knight seems more entertaining than the one in Asterisk, to me.

8fe92412963aa096f90ee18803c64277.gif

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. I have a feeling this will be just another typical fanserservicy harem anime, but I'll just ride it along.....

One Punch Man. I read the manga long time ago, let's see myself get disappointed with the anime as usual. xD

High School Star Musical. Let's see if Japan can do their own version of One Direction.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka??. I watched the first season, and was neutral about it. Let's see if this gets any funnier.

Anitore! EX. My bf said he's watching this so I'll just sit by side and watch along with him. I mean, what's weird with seeing 5 girls work out? =P

Pokemon XY/Z. I play all the games, so I'm a huge pokemon fangirl.

The only difference I'm seeing between them so far is that 

Magic Knight isn't a harem

Asterisk is a harem

Everything else is more or less the same. 

Even the MC fighting style is the same(If both LNs are adapted properly that is)

Comet Lucifer Episode 01 This looks alright? 

Also there is no shortage of magic school anime with OP protagonist and chicks that buckle at the knees at the mere sight of said OP protagonist. None of them are as classy as Mahouka though. 

hope we will get another good medieval fantasy besides utawareromono this season.

Looking at the list, besides your typical shonen harem romcom type shows, I doubt it.

Edit: The first episodes:

Heavy Object - I knew since I first picked up the book and then promptly dropped it after the first chapter that the only way I would ever watch this series or even start it was with the anime.  Seems like I wasn't wrong.  Knowing that it is by the same author as Magical Index almost certainly relegates the hero to a savior complex, but nonetheless seems somewhat interesting.

Concrete Revolutio - Well then, this one turned out to be well within my predictions.  The only upset was that a female appears to be the main character instead of the male.  The super hero format seems nice and fun, and I don't think I'll get tired of the future-past setup of the show any time soon.  I might just be a sucker for that type of theme, Punchline did it and I enjoyed that, and now this one is doing it too.

Comet Lucifer - This one was well outside my expectations.  I was not expecting what appears to be mecha Sacred Seven with a loli mediator.  I was hoping for something more along the lines of modern magical adventure than mecha.  It honestly came off as an inferior rip-off of Eureka Seven.  Will probably be dropping this one by episode 3, the mecha in it is really what kills it for me as it seems way over excessive.  There is no need to drag in different genres if you are just going to daisy chain them together.  In this respect Dragonaut has already done better than this one.

Lances 'n' Masques - This one was by far the surprising one.  I was expecting typical shonen superhero, something like Infinite Stratos or Seikoku no Dragnar, a la typical light novel fashion.  Instead I get a conditioned young (I don't even know with this artstyle, maybe he is 12?) boy who literally "white knights" anytime he hears a scream.  With the main character being an even younger girl, like age 6, it really gives off more of a fairy tale feeling than anything else.  So far it's enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing how this one plays out.

For both Magic Knights and Asterisk, as I've already read all the translated source material, I don't have much to criticize them on, though Magic Knights seems to be off to a far better start than Asterisk in my opinion.  The opening sequence with Asterisk having the MC's character fight somebody and basically implies she died in the fight really pisses me off considering that her current state is just "assumed missing" in the light novels so far.  Purely based on that alone, I seriously doubt that it will end up with a second season.

For both Magic Knights and Asterisk, as I've already read all the translated source material, I don't have much to criticize them on, though Magic Knights seems to be off to a far better start than Asterisk in my opinion.  The opening sequence with Asterisk having the MC's character fight somebody and basically implies she died in the fight really pisses me off considering that her current state is just "assumed missing" in the light novels so far.  Purely based on that alone, I seriously doubt that it will end up with a second season.

Asterisk actually has a 2nd season confirmed I think. Well theres a 2nd season on MAl.

Asterisk actually has a 2nd season confirmed I think. Well theres a 2nd season on MAl.

Yeah, I think it'll be on spring. I'm kinda surprised they just went and got 2 seasons greenlighted at the same time, especially since it's not a popular material they knew would triumph for sure.

Skimmed through some Animes, but this time not much could arouse my interest.

So far I'm only going to watch:

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto. Morbid, unsocial, mature onee-san with long black hair already sold it for me. Though I've never been particularly fond of crime-stuff, I'll give it a try.

Yuru Yuri. Weekly dose of yuri. There can't be a season without it.

Owari no Seraph. Maybe I like it more for what I imagine it could be than for what it actually is (like SAO). Also the first season seemed like one big intro, so I hope the real deal will come now.

Heavy object. I like big war machines. Though this type of Anime usually requires one to forget about actual military strategism, big toys making boom are still fun to watch.

One punch man. Heard that people talk a lot about it, so I'll at least want to make sure I'm not missing something that could be one of this seasons best shows. The premise sounds lame: a hero who's able to beat everything without much effort; but I have no clue how this show will play out, so let's see.

Intended to watch Owarimonogatari, but first I want to catch up with some of the previous parts I haven't watched.

I'll probably just watch some of the good'ol stuff this season. Good opportunity.

Skimmed through some Animes, but this time not much could arouse my interest.

So far I'm only going to watch:

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto. Morbid, unsocial, mature onee-san with long black hair already sold it for me. Though I've never been particularly fond of crime-stuff, I'll give it a try.

Yuru Yuri. Weekly dose of yuri. There can't be a season without it.

Owari no Seraph. Maybe I like it more for what I imagine it could be than for what it actually is (like SAO). Also the first season seemed like one big intro, so I hope the real deal will come now.

Heavy object. I like big war machines. Though this type of Anime usually requires one to forget about actual military strategism, big toys making boom are still fun to watch.

One punch man. Heard that people talk a lot about it, so I'll at least want to make sure I'm not missing something that could be one of this seasons best shows. The premise sounds lame: a hero who's able to beat everything without much effort; but I have no clue how this show will play out, so let's see.

Intended to watch Owarimonogatari, but first I want to catch up with some of the previous parts I haven't watched.

I'll probably just watch some of the good'ol stuff this season. Good opportunity.

I can see your point, kind of the same for me but i have a different taste.

But you might want to check out the first couple of episodes of utawareromono.

Wee, finally the final episode of Kekkai Sensen. What a conclusion. Now the time to throw moneys and pray for a second season...

Sakurako-san looks good. Nice characters, intro, OST, art. Probably the gold hidden gem of the season.

OPM is... well its obviously in expectations, hopefully Madhouse can keep up with it.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. Holy cow, did I just see a good first episode Gundam? No CGI, lots of action, varied characters, nice choreography. Cross fingers Sunrise not fucking up the rest of the series.

Owarmonogatari is within expectations. 48 minutes of constant headache-inducing animations and dialogue, going to love it.

Comet Lucifer is.... okay... so far. Looks like Eureka Seven, I'll lower my standards on this one though...