Do you pay attention to voice actors/seiyuu in VN ?

VN-Angel

VA is a serious topic for anime. That is a well known fact.

So how about VN ?

-Do you pay attention to them ?

-If so, who is your favorite VN seiyuu ?

Let us discuss here.

I'm a great fan of Hiroko Taguchi. I like her voice very much, especially sumika in MLA, Miu in Dracu-riot, Sora in YnS, Miyako in Ef.

You can even say that I played Dracu-riot because I heard that she is the seiyuu of main heroine.

Btw, she also voiced Suou Amane (Grisaia no Kajitsu). I can't wait to play Grisaia. She will be my first target to conquer :D

So do you guys have any seiyuu you like ?

P.S : As far as I know, Rewrite has the most awesome seiyuu line-up for VN with Hanazawa Kana, Chiwa Saitō and KitaEri taking the lead(And I think that is the main reason why Rewrite:HF became all-age).

Does anyone know other VN with seiyuu from anime ?

Yes, because it kinda completes the character IMO but when it comes to a specific VA to be honest I don't really care as long as the voice fits the character.

For example, I not a fan of Nagisa but I like Arietta and they happen to have the same VA.

SR Spoiler

But to be honest, Phorni's VA reminds me more of Arietta.

I assume Taguchi Hiroko is another one of the pseudonyms of uuh Koori Natsuna or something (can't remember)

But yeah, I don't know much about eroge voice actors. The only one I really remember is Kawashima Rino (who voiced Usami Haru, Minakami Yuki, and Tokisaka Yukari), and some of the voice actresses from Sonohana like Anzu Hana.

Speaking of which, does anyone know who voices Sachi is Sharin no Kuni?

I generally don't remember voices well enough to recognize them across different games. Performance tends to be inconsistent anyway, really. That doesn't mean I don't care about voice performance though, it can make or break a vn.

That said, I have I feeling I will never forget Kotori's heartfelt "Gome ne, Kotarou-kun" in Rewrite.

I always pay close attention to them (to the point it's weird for me to play a VN without opening the backlog just to replay a line).

Okabe's voice (from Steins Gate) is my favorite. I'd like to know who does it. Also, I do reconize similar voices in VNs, but I have no idea about voice actors. How to put it... I don't really care about who does it as long as the voice is good.

Yeah, I do. Suitable seiyuu is a half of success. With own seiyuu characters seem to be way more individual. Good seiyuu makes a character more funny or cool and so on.

Fav seiyuu so far? I'd choose Fujibayashi Kyou's voice actress.

wow~ it is good to see your guys impressions.

Seem like even though most people pay attention VA behind the scenes, they don't particularly follow a VA.

I guess people like me(and Beato) are minority.

I don't mind people following an author but I don't really know why people follow a VA.

I don't mind people following an author but I don't really know why people follow a VA.

I think it's because certain voice actors are known for being good with voicing a specific character type, one which appeals to... whoever follows the actor.

For me its because I enjoy their acting. I enjoy Kawashima no matter what she's playing. I don't really think she has a niche either. Taguchi Hiroko definitely has one though and enjoy her Sumika and Natsumi a lot more than her Miyako for example.

Some VAs have voices that makes you happy or thrilled just hearing them, because of their voice and their acting. I don't pay much attention in VNs but it's definitely true in anime.

For example, Jouji Nakata (Araya Souren, Kotomine Kirei, Alucard...) makes any character a total badass.

Wakamoto is quite the thing too, having him as the bad guy in Sharin no Kuni gave a lot to the character.

• 7 months later...

I usually pay attention to seiyuu, but not to the point of following one or two specific ones. It's more like I like the character so I like who voices that character, not the other way around. To me, the personality of a character is more important than the voice.

From all the visual novel I've played, I love Youko Hasekura from CROSS†CHANNEL the most. And the seiyuu for her is Kodama Satomi. So I guess if I'd ever follow any seiyuu, it'd be her. Too bad it seems she hasn't voiced much though.

^ Same as above. It's always fun to hear a familiar voice and finding out if it really is the one you're thinking of (sometimes it isn't, sometimes it just sounds similar). And then of course it's also fun to look up what other characters they've voiced.

Let's see... well, Wakamoto is really easy to spot. And he voices Houzuki in Sharin no Kuni. Epic commanding voice indeed.

Love Nakahara Mai, the seiyuu for Ryuuguu Rena in Higurashi and also Furukawa Nagisa in Clannad (though I haven't read Clannad yet). She's just great. Can be cute, can be serious, can be creepy. You don't actually get to hear her voice in the English translated PC VN of Higurashi though since there's no voice acting patch.

Tamura Yukari who voices Rika in Higurashi, plus another character in another VN whom I shall not name. Very adorable voice, but of course... has other tones to it as well. You might know what I mean.

Taguchi Hiroko, as Sumika in Muv-Luv, Natsumi in Sharin, etc. Memorable and good all-around seiyuu.

The voice of Kotomine Kirei in Fate/stay night - Nakata Jouji. "-------------------------------------Emiya Shirou-".

Sawashiro Miyuki. Overall really skilled seiyuu in my opinion. She's got quite many roles in anime, and I've heard her in at least two VNs - Umineko and Danganronpa.

Oh and thumbs up for every voice actor in Umineko. Phenomenal work there. Not gonna list every single one, but they were all great.

My favorite VAs at the moment are Tomoe Tamiyasu and Ryoko Tanaka,Tomoe voiced Rin,Riki and Sasami in Little Busters and Makina in Grisaia no Kajitsu/Meikyuu/Rakuen,Ryoko voiced Yuiko in Little Busters, Touka in Rewrite, Mizuki in Yume Miru Kusuri and Yumiko in Grisaia no Kajitsu/Meikyuu/Rakuen. VAs are a big deal, without them many scenes wouldn't have as much impact.