(Klaipedia server) Tree of Savior (Korean MMORPG) 2nd Beta

Jun Inoue

Update: With the servers announced, I'll be going to Laima server.

Hey people. No idea how many of you here are interested in MMORPGs, but gonna post this in case anyone is. Tree of Savior had its first International Beta this august, and they just announced today the second one, which will last one month and start around this october. They'll be giving out 5.000 keys, and the only thing you need to do is to log into the website at least once, and you should be inside the lottery for the keys.

b914739424ad47b567817dd247e0d48c.png

The website is https://treeofsavior.com/ and here you have a video showing a bit of the game:

I'm praying for a key this time. ToS is my last hope of finding something like RO. ):

With most people having recieved a key either in the first or second wave (inside the first CB), I would say most people have a pretty good chance, since the game is still kinda unknown (due to not being even close to release), and so not that many people are around the forum (well, not "that" many; still many thousands).

ToS is a full-fledged spiritual successor to RO, as it's made by the same core members, who worked on RO.

I was thinking of joining, but that reminded me of TERA, Archeage and Black Desert, which instantly turned me off. To be honest, I'm not really interested in mmorpg's anymore; the most fun mmo I played up to date was TERA and even despite it's own share of massive issues (mainly performance, handling and bad development choices), it was still the best game I played. Archeage started of as a really fun and enjoyable experience with a lot of premise, but XL Games ruined the game's original design. Black Desert only looked good on paper and first promo videos; everything originally planned for the game - whatever, that made it unique and stand out as a real sandbox mmorpg - was completely thwarted afterwards.

I still believe ToS might save the genre a little bit by returning to the roots, but it doesn't make that much of a difference for me anymore.

If the most important part of a game is its web for you, you did the right thing to run away.

Give that you can't even sign up or download the game without that, yeah I'd say it's pretty important. Instant re-directs to another website if you have JS disabled, preventing you from allowing the website, because it instantly redirects itself away, genius. No registration at all, genius. I don't use Facebook, and don't even know my Google login. Why not just have registrations? That's the annoying "important" stuff. The layout isn't great, but that doesn't matter, I was mainly talking about the stuff above.

Give that you can't even sign up or download the game without that, yeah I'd say it's pretty important. Instant re-directs to another website if you have JS disabled, preventing you from allowing the website, because it instantly redirects itself away, genius. No registration at all, genius. I don't use Facebook, and don't even know my Google login. Why not just have registrations? That's the annoying "important" stuff. The layout isn't great, but that doesn't matter, I was mainly talking about the stuff above.

Because the International release is but a branch of the actual game, which is korean. The game has not been sold as of now to anyone for the International release, so there's no dedicated website to make publicity and stuff, meaning that all we have is basically free space by the creators. They could even not let us play a single Beta and simply release the game in english whenever it was finished in korean and the other servers, yet they made a temporary website and forum so that everyone can participate and discuss, and are making International Beta tests. And since it's still not known whether they'll take care of the international servers or it'll be someone else, they are not forcing people to make accounts that might be rendered useless soon enough. Even with that, they are aiming for simultaneous release of the game in all the servers around the world, which is surprisingly nice.

It's also obvious that you can't download the game, since it works through a Key that activates the game on Steam, making it extra easy to control and update the game, instead of forcing you to download yet anothere platform like most games do.

So, yeah, you hate ToS for being way better thought and comfortable than most games out there. Okay.

ToS is a full-fledged spiritual successor to RO, as it's made by the same core members, who worked on RO.

I was thinking of joining, but that reminded me of TERA, Archeage and Black Desert, which instantly turned me off. To be honest, I'm not really interested in mmorpg's anymore; the most fun mmo I played up to date was TERA and even despite it's own share of massive issues (mainly performance, handling and bad development choices), it was still the best game I played. Archeage started of as a really fun and enjoyable experience with a lot of premise, but XL Games ruined the game's original design. Black Desert only looked good on paper and first promo videos; everything originally planned for the game - whatever, that made it unique and stand out as a real sandbox mmorpg - was completely thwarted afterwards.

I still believe ToS might save the genre a little bit by returning to the roots, but it doesn't make that much of a difference for me anymore.

Well, from what I saw in the first Beta, ToS doesn't look much like those games and it seems they are truly making an effort of going back to the roots. I think it's very much worth giving it a try. The first Beta had very little material, and it was basically a grind-fest, but it was still really cool and did convey the idea that the company seems to have for the game.

Ragnarok was a grind-fest and that's one of the reasons why it was so good. Intensive grinding done right to make it fun not boring. Honestly, this list pretty much sums most of the reasons why I loved RO, and if ToS manages to insert some of them, I'll sure it's going to be a great game for me.

http://pt.scribd.com/doc/227579314/Test4

Ragnarok was a grind-fest and that's one of the reasons why it was so good. Intensive grinding done right to make it fun not boring. Honestly, this list pretty much sums most of the reasons why I loved RO, and if ToS manages to insert some of them, I'll sure it's going to be a great game for me.

ToS was even MORE grindy, actually xD

It was super insane, and we players later on discovered that since the first International Beta was just to check for very basic bugs and such, we were playing with a super low exp rate. It was a couple weeks of non-stop grinding, and most people only got around lvl 40. The max is 500 I think xD

I hope they'll be a bit nicer on the second Beta~

Btw, about the characteristics in common, classes will most certainly be one. As of now, these are the known ones, but we have been told already there'll be more.

Y0Xy9eF.jpg

Sprites are the best thing ever, really. I'm extremely glad they'll keep them in ToS.

I'm probably going to have a really slow start when I start playing but I'm still avoiding reading anything about the gameplay or classes. I want that feeling of knowing a whole new world from a scratch again.  :wafuu:

Sprites are the best thing ever, really. I'm extremely glad they'll keep them in ToS.

I'm probably going to have a really slow start when I start playing but I'm still avoiding reading anything about the gameplay or classes. I want that feeling of knowing a whole new world from a scratch again.  :wafuu:

For levels yeah, but I hated grinding cards. I like grinding levels, but I hate grinding items. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the topic, didn't knew there was a cbt planned.

Hope it'll be as good as Ragnarok Online ^^

There was a first Beta in August, but it was super limited and they actually put an extremely low exp rate to ensure people didn't get too far, as they were testing for basic bugs and such. This time it'll be 1 whole month, and the exp rate has been confirmed to be the same as the korean's Beta, so I expect quite some more content~