What countries you've been/planning to go to?

GLM4475

Just for my reference, I would like to know more about other countries. After all, I've lived all my life without ever going from the island I was born in. In case I decide to travel around the world, I would like to know other countries better before going.

I've not travelled much either but would really love to.

That being said, the United Kingdom is a great place to be. I mean sure, we have some crappy places and some which are too stuck up for their own good, but when you can get from a place like London, a sprawling, non-stop metropolis to the South Downs (which features some of the most beautiful scenery ever... Arundel Castle <3) in one hour, it's fantastic. If you wanna know more about the UK then just ask, and I'll answer it the best I can :sachi:

As far as where I'd like to travel, and where I'm planning to go... So many places. However, I particularly want to visit Jyväskylä in Finland and then look around the Saimaa lake system (forests and lakes are my thing, so both is pretty much heaven). I also wish to go to Japan which probably doesn't come as much of a shock, though I'm far more interested in going to Hokkaido and Shikoku.

I've been to Sweden, Estonia, Norway, Spain, France and Greece. You can guess where I live from that since it's mostly nearby countries and common holiday places in Europe. I would like to go outside Europe especially Asia and South America, haven't decided specific countries yet(Though Japan is a must, at least once).

Up to date I haven't really visited a lot of countries. Denmark, Egypt, Turkey, Greece (Crete) and England. The biggest experience was probably Egypt when I saw the pyramids and bathed in the Red Sea. London is always an experience when you live in a decently large city compared to my country's standard (roughly 110k population) compared to London with a couple of millions.

But what do I want to visit:

China - I am really interested in the Chinese history and it would be awesome to experience it.

USA - Route 66. I love driving. Driving that road and at the same time experience USA in a different view would be nice.

Bigger cities/capitols in Europe. I really think the eastern part of Europe is interesting and probably really beautiful with the unique style.

Austria/Switzerland - Skiing in the Alps.

Russia - Just to see the country with my own eyes. I am fascinated by the Russian history too. 

Japan - Yet again the history is fascinating. 

The list probably goes on when I figure out new stuff. Yes I have a history fetish.

Just like you "I've lived all my life without ever going from the island I was born in", never visit any other country but if you ask where i'm going to visit, Europe probably my first destination especially Germany or Russia. Visiting Brandenburg Gate, Red Square, (Reichstag maybe) and other historical place.

Also Japan, i want to visit Akibahara and historical-related place and China, i wanted to see other "7 Wonder of the World" because i have one of wonder in my country and i want to see the other.

I've been to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Canada.

I really liked Canada, I would like to go there again and see some more of it. I would also like to go to 'Murica and drive around for a bit or a lot. Australia and New Zealand would be really nice to visit and I guess seeing some of Asia wouldn't hurt. Going back to Germany to look at some more car related stuff and maybe visit Nürburgring would be nice.

France has always been a place I want to visit too, and if I had the chance I wouldn't say no to going to UK or Ireland. But Canada and USA are probably on the top of the list.

Finland

It's shit

My dream is to travel to japan...one day I will one day...

Already have been in brazil, chile, uruguay, paraguay, bolivia and let me tell you south america sucks balls, the only thing you will see here is poverty poverty and more poverty.

If anyone is planning a trip to any of those countries (argentina included) be careful, there are a lot of places that are really insecure so dont go wherever you want without asking first.

I've been to:

-The Netherlands

-Belgium

-Luxembourg

-France

-Germany

-United Kingdom

-Switzerland

-Austria

-Italy

-Greece

-Turkey

-Romania

-Canada

-United States of America (In many states)

I might be going to:

-Czech Republic

-Poland

-Guatemala

I want to go to:

-Ireland

-Australia

-The Philippines

-South Korea

-Japan (duh :wafuu: )

Japan. Went there for Miku and Aki. Best time of my life. I really wanna go again xD

Canada/Austria Snowy place?. Don't really care where but I just wanna go and snowboard.

Hawaii. For Surfing

Thailand. Sailing

Basically I want to go try all the sports xD. I really HATE doing all those culture/sightseeing/shoppinng (unless it's Akiba) stuff. I prefer to go to places to do sports that I can't do anywhere else.

Is anyone else like me in this regard?

puhhh regarding my (forced) cosmopolitan self, born in hokkaido (jp), raised until 12 in tirgu mures (romania, transylvania), then moved to tatabánya (hungary), left home at the age of 17 & went to frankfurt (germany), tried studying archeology until 21 in vienna (austria), took a sabbatical year back in hokkaido at my grandma´s house after having a serious mental breakdown, decided on breaking free out of the clutches of fate & began my 3years long culinary education in salzburg (austria), listened to my heart & started working on the seabourn cruise line for almost 2 years as a chef (asia hongkong route), left my new family reluctantly & went straight to okinawa to get further educated by someone i met on the ship for 3 years, said farewell & backpacked through papua new guinea with a buddy, worked my ass off to get home for free by boarding on a tanker, living & cooking desillusioned ever since at the german/ austrian boarder with having plans of moving to dubrovnic (croatia) nexxt

aside from those longer stays, i´ve took smaller trips & whatever to greece, france, turkey, netherlands, poland, czech republik, tunisia, marocco, colombia, denmark, great britain, italy & singapoore

edit: had an (less) enjoyable time by serving a 2month (waifu-free) sentence for me illegaly crossing the malaysian border.... 

puhhh regarding my (forced) cosmopolitan self, born in hokkaido (jp), raised until 12 in tirgu mures (romania, transylvania), mooved to tatabánya (hungary), left home at the age of 17 & went to frankfurt (germany), tried studying archeology until 21 in vienna (austria), took a sabbat year back in hokkaido at my grandma´s house after having a serious mental breakdown, decided on breaking free out of the clutches of fate & began my 3years long culinary education in salzburg (austria), listened to my heart & started working on the seabourn cruise line for almost 2 years as a chef (asia hongkong route), left my new family reluctantly & went straight to okinawa to get further educated by someone i met on the ship for 3 years, said farewell & backpacked through papua new guinea with a buddy, worked my ass off to get home for free by boarding a tanker, living & cooking desillusioned ever since at the german/ austrian boarder with having plans of mooving to dubrovnic (croatia) nexxt

I would totally watch this movie.

EDIT: U.S. (most of the 50 states), Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain.

That being said, the United Kingdom is a great place to be. I mean sure, we have some crappy places and some which are too stuck up for their own good, but when you can get from a place like London, a sprawling, non-stop metropolis to the South Downs (which features some of the most beautiful scenery ever... Arundel Castle <3) in one hour, it's fantastic. If you wanna know more about the UK then just ask, and I'll answer it the best I can :sachi:

As far as where I'd like to travel, and where I'm planning to go... So many places. However, I particularly want to visit Jyväskylä in Finland and then look around the Saimaa lake system (forests and lakes are my thing, so both is pretty much heaven). I also wish to go to Japan which probably doesn't come as much of a shock, though I'm far more interested in going to Hokkaido and Shikoku.

I don't really like travelling that much, tourism in and of itself doesn't really interest me. That said I've been to quite a few countries with my parents, mostly either swimming in the summer or skiing in the winter.

I'll probably miss one or two, but I've been to:

Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Andorra, Ukraine, Greece, Egypt and the USA.