onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

21 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Hope your right, 'cuase $1500 (roughly) a day isn't gonna cut it - if it needs to hit 125k.

It's still doing over 2k a day.  With 20k to go and 10 days left and Kickstarters almost always get a big push at the end that resembles the opening days. There's no chance of this failing anymore.

there are no jinx in kickstarter just pure statistics, it's always the same thing. I predicted how this campaign was going to end by the second week not because i'm a genius (im far from it :P ) but because after a few years you kinda understand how people behave in kickstarter, it doesnt matter the project itself it is always the same thing, just analyze a few campaign with kicktraq 

Question: Does Kickstarter accept these?

Rewards_204.png

These things can be picked up in set denominations in grocery stores, but I've honestly never been able to figure out whether Kickstarter's rules allow them to be used.  They can't be refilled, either.  I like them because they don't require personal information or account maintenance fees.  Since Kickstarter doesn't accept Paypal balances anymore, I need another way to donate without using a credit card, lol.

2 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Question: Does Kickstarter accept these?

Rewards_204.png

These things can be picked up in set denominations in grocery stores, but I've honestly never been able to figure out whether Kickstarter's rules allow them to be used.  They can't be refilled, either.  I like them because they don't require personal information or account maintenance fees.  Since Kickstarter doesn't accept Paypal balances anymore, I need another way to donate without using a credit card, lol.

What forms of payment can I use to make a pledge?

You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express. Sorry, but we do not currently accept Maestro, or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions

I dun know what that is exactly.  Is it a pre-paid credit card or something?

3 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions

I dun know what that is exactly.  Is it a pre-paid credit card or something?

Pretty much what it is, yeah. Well, assuming that thing is the same type of pre-paid cards we can buy in Norway. Looks the same at least. 

So according to their rules it should work it seems. Good to know. 

That's the key word... it 'should' work.  The thing is, whenever I ask this question, I get this answer.  I'm not willing to go out and buy one of these and have it not work, lol.  The whole point of this is 'can you use a card that doesn't have an associated name/personal information?'  Several sites I know of don't accept cards that aren't owned/used by individuals named on the card itself.  These are great because they don't require activation using personal information, which is what I don't want online, beyond the address to deliver my swag, lol.

Edit: Incidentally, when I asked this same question of the Kickstarter help people, I never got an answer, even after asking it on four separate occasions (meaning I didn't get to support games I wanted to).

I dunno, then.  I guess you should send Kickstarter a support ticket (click around a bit on specific questions and it'll ask you if that solved your problem, then click the "Open a support ticket" button) asking that question and hope they get back to you before the Libra Kickstarter ends.

From the support section:

We accept most major prepaid cards. If you have trouble getting a prepaid card to work, please note you need to make sure the gift card has at least $1 more on it than the amount of the pledge. This is required to run a test authorization on the card, but you will not be charged more than the amount pledged.

I use those for a lot of things and the only issue I had was with sites that require recurring payments, there's a specific method of billing for those which some services use that those kinds of prepaid cards don't support. Kickstarter isn't one of those. I never actually backed a project on kickstarter with one of those cards before but they specifically said prepaid cards will work, so...

I mean, if it fails, then just use them for other online purchases instead. You said you use those cards for other things, right? So how much risk is there really in trying?