onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

6 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Opens wallet... damn 99.5k short....

I promise the VN community, If I ever win a obscene amount of money, I'll throw cash at localization projects like a irresponsible child in a candy store. :D (After ensuring that obscene amount of money has a way of refueling itself, through various business and banking investments)

1 hour ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Wait, a pledge that pushes the KS over 100k, or a 100k pledge? Either is cool, but one is way better. :sachi:

EDIT: Speaking of which, Libra over 100k now :D let's see if we can scrape up that last 25k!

I meant to say that the kickstarter pledge will result in a total of 100k.

The future has been determined!

EDIT: Although I would like to see the 100k pledge as well.

8 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Huh? No, it's not funded yet. They're at $100k with a target of $125k. I believe they'll get there in the remaining time, but they're definitely not there yet.

It is essentially funded with the way Kickstarters work.  If they didn't gain another penny until the last few days the end of project surge would still put them over.  The real question is if it will reach the stretch goal.

?  I thought they revealed her past pretty completely (or at least what was relevant) in Mary's path? 

Edit: Someone else who has actually played the game is going to say this at some point... but digging into Iri's past doesn't really sound all that interesting,

Spoiler

because the whole point was she basically had a crush on a lolicon who happened to be the protagonist's ancestor and changed herself into a loli so that she could seduce him once she'd forced him to return through one of his descendants...  it was hilarious, and the resulting h-scene and the way the story ended was great.  However, I don't really have much of an interest in an 11eyes fandisc-style dip into the past with her, lol.

21 hours ago, Basileus777 said:

It is essentially funded with the way Kickstarters work.  If they didn't gain another penny until the last few days the end of project surge would still put them over.  The real question is if it will reach the stretch goal.

Hope your right, 'cuase $1500 (roughly) a day isn't gonna cut it - if it needs to hit 125k.

Yeah, there's pretty close to a zero percent chance of this one failing at this point. They were probably already on track for reaching the goal, but the surge from the cross promotion with Root Double was pretty crazy.

I'm sure at least MiKandi Japan is happy with how that went. Sekai Project, on the other hand...

Mmm... to be honest, Sekai project might have made a serious mistake choosing something nobody knew about (except for a few mystery fanatics) before they announced it.  I know about it, but it doesn't really interest me.  In fact, I only know about it because fun2novel is such a mystery fanatic and he kept bugging me to try it...  I haven't seen anything about it from any of the bloggers over here who have an interest in the untranslated, and there is a limit to how much money people will give over without some kind of advertising.  I do compliment them for choosing something non-moe, but there are a lot of other things they could have chosen in the same general area (genre-wise) that would have been more likely to be funded faster.  I would have suggested Furuiro Meikyuu Rondo for mystery, because it would be more likely to have wider community appeal.  However, it isn't like anyone asks me on things like this, though I've been surprised to see things I wrote on that got announced for localization or fantranslation in the past. 

16 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Mmm... to be honest, Sekai project might have made a serious mistake choosing something nobody knew about (except for a few mystery fanatics) before they announced it.  I know about it, but it doesn't really interest me.  In fact, I only know about it because fun2novel is such a mystery fanatic and he kept bugging me to try it...  I haven't seen anything about it from any of the bloggers over here who have an interest in the untranslated, and there is a limit to how much money people will give over without some kind of advertising.  I do compliment them for choosing something non-moe, but there are a lot of other things they could have chosen in the same general area (genre-wise) that would have been more likely to be funded faster.  I would have suggested Furuiro Meikyuu Rondo for mystery, because it would be more likely to have wider community appeal.  However, it isn't like anyone asks me on things like this, though I've been surprised to see things I wrote on that got announced for localization or fantranslation in the past. 

People in the west love games like Root Double, though. The infinity series was very popular, and the Zero Escape series became one of the very few VNs to achieve actual mainstream success in the west. If they get the word out that Root Double is something similar to ZE, they could possibly garner a lot more interest. And it has around the same number of votes on VNDB as the game you mentioned, which I've never heard of until now, so I wonder what your metric for popularity is. But really, this all comes down to what the translators themselves want to translate. That seems to take top priority most of the time. 

But, this is the Libra thread, so let's try to stay a little bit on topic here. I'm actually curious as to how MiKandi Japan entered into a relationship with XERO and why they chose Libra as their first VN to translate. Have they talked about this anywhere?

Wouldn't a VN like Libra be easier to Kickstart (and sell afterwards) than a more serious title, what with the widespread obsession with moe?  I just assumed that's why they picked Libra over something like Draculius.  There's a possibility of getting anime fans to back it/buy it if they see cute grills because they've been exposed to a lot of moe anime and gravitate towards that type of stuff.  That's just my guess, though.

Moe does make it easier... but there are almost no titles now that don't have at least some moe in them.  So, I honestly don't see the point in pushing VNs that are all-moe.

Edit: To elaborate, there are hundreds of titles out there with moe in them, even if they aren't straight-out moe-focused.  In fact, straight-out moe-focused moege are almost universally kusoge.  Charage can be awesome at times, but normal straight-out moege are so artificial feeling (even by otaku standards) that they can make even charage fans fall asleep.  If you want to utilize moe as a primary advertising tool, there nonetheless needs to be something 'more' in there to make it worth backing... unless you want to earn a reputation for asking people to back kusoge.