onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

Well, that was...encouraging :lol:

Hope up :lol:

I have a question though: If the budget went down, shouldn't the stretch goals go down as well? (Or they did but I didn't notice?)

The new budget was achieved by renegotiating translation costs. In addition, we have reduced the number of translation passes by one. Stretch goal prices will be adjusted accordingly once we launch. :-)

The new budget was achieved by renegotiating translation costs. In addition, we have reduced the number of translation passes by one. Stretch goal prices will be adjusted accordingly once we launch. :-)

Any chance you could flexibly allocate funds to translation depending on how much money the campaign brings in?  Maybe have 1 pass if the goal is just met, and add more passes as stretch goals (or folded into other stretch goals)?  That makes most sense to me, and it would allow translation quality to scale with the amount of interest--which, IMO, is exactly how it should work.  That might allow you cut the initial starting goal even further to maximize the chances of success, without sacrificing translation quality if the campaign goes as well as you hope.

Edited by sanahtlig

Any chance you could flexibly allocate funds to translation depending on how much money the campaign brings in?  Maybe have 1 pass if the goal is just met, and add more passes as stretch goals (or folded into other stretch goals)?  That makes most sense to me, and it would allow translation quality to scale with the amount of interest--which, IMO, is exactly how it should work.  That might allow you cut the initial starting goal even further to maximize the chances of success, without sacrificing translation quality if the campaign goes as well as you hope.

I would run straight out of the door if I saw a translation project with a stretch goal of "we will edit the game more carefully". Sounds almost like "if you don't give us loads of money and we have to send out a low-quality product, then it's your fault, deal with it".

I would run straight out of the door if I saw a translation project with a stretch goal of "we will edit the game more carefully". Sounds almost like "if you don't give us loads of money and we have to send out a low-quality product, then it's your fault, deal with it".

Think about how much effort / money JAST and MangaGamer put into their usual releases.  The industry standard is honestly pretty low, which is how they're able to survive on 2k sales or less at $40 or less per sale.  That might or might not be the sort of budget MiKandi Japan needs to work with to get this funded.

In any case, I'd rather see extra money going into the main product than pointless gimmicks (that will only be available to select backers) anyway.  But that's just me.  And let's be realistic--most of the extra money is probably being pocketed in most of these campaigns.  It doesn't take hundreds of thousands of dollars to make hardcopy artbook replicas and such.

Edited by sanahtlig

The team has all agreed, without question, to do the final pass for free.

Also... we've just added Backerkit, which has a PayPal option inside: http://help.backerkit.com/article/351-paying-with-paypal

Launch button has been pushed! We are now live!

CV5zsE1WoAAGC79.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english

Thank you for your support Fuwanovel and friends.

Now, I just need to hope James and I don't die of a heart attack within the next 39 days.

To Kickstarter battle!

<3

only 11 days into december & i´m already broke now...

edit: would have loved to back the fucking hell out of libra, because that 60er which i did so far feels abit wrong, BUT super dungeon explorer´s campain has been THE financial overkill to me :/ thx for crosspromoting ><

Oh my, I've never been addressed as -sama before *giggles like Zebia from KF2/if* :wub:

err...anyway, I have to admit I'm glad this kickstarter's going on for more than a month, as between this and the MST3K revival kickstarter I'd say I'm done backing stuff for the year. Unless of course Type Moon decides to throw their hat into the ring (and considering how much money I'd throw in at that I both hope for and dread this happening :michiru:)