onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

終わったか... 

congrats mikandi and xero 

Great news!

Thanks to you and 2,284 others, Libra of the Vampire Princess: Visual Novel English Release has been successfully funded. Your pledge has been charged, funds will soon be transferred to the creator, and they’ll begin working on their project.

183.106 $ USD :D 

Hi Guys,

It's been a little over 24 hours since the end of the Kickstarter and I can honestly say that, part of me feels like I'm still on the "battlefield" when I should be celebrating with everyone. When I woke up this morning, just like every day, I went through my routine thoughts, racing as they do, about what needed to do be done with the remaining time. Then it hit me, Kickstarter was over! o.O

The past 120 days -- every day -- have been filled with intense planning, ups/downs, execution of ideas, surprises (see James's KS celebration comment), and fun. For me personally, switching gears has been a little slower than expected, but I've got my foot on the clutch and easing in. The intensity won't change, just the lane.

There's many steps left to take before Libra comes to a full completion and we're committed to seeing it through to the end.

With that, I'd like to sincerely thank you for all the advice and feedback you've given. Fuwanovel has a great crowd. It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. 

I look forward to keeping you posted on our Libra progress, and also share what's on deck for future projects.

You might even see me pop in a few off-topic threads, too. ;-)

Until next time,

Jonathan (MiKandi Japan PR/Marketing)

6 minutes ago, MiKandi Japan said:

Hi Guys,

It's been a little over 24 hours since the end of the Kickstarter and I can honestly say that, part of me feels like I'm still on the "battlefield" when I should be celebrating with everyone. When I woke up this morning, just like every day, I went through my routine thoughts, racing as they do, about what needed to do be done with the remaining time. Then it hit me, Kickstarter was over! o.O

The past 120 days -- every day -- have been filled with intense planning, ups/downs, execution of ideas, surprises (see James's KS celebration comment), and fun. For me personally, switching gears has been a little slower than expected, but I've got my foot on the clutch and easing in. The intensity won't change, just the lane.

There's many steps left to take before Libra comes to a full completion and we're committed to seeing it through to the end.

With that, I'd like to sincerely thank you for all the advice and feedback you've given. Fuwanovel has a great crowd. It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. 

I look forward to keeping you posted on our Libra progress, and also share what's on deck for future projects.

Until next time,

Don't be a stranger, and take care of yourselves. :)

2 hours ago, MiKandi Japan said:

Hi Guys,

Until next time,

If yall need help to get another project started, feel free to ask for help.  For that matter, if you all find you need more help on Libra, all you have to do is call.  That's what a community like this is for, after all.

Oh, looks like I was quite late to the party, but let me say this first. Congratulations on your very successful Kickstarter, Mikandi Japan. Although I'd never give my post here, I'd always followed your progress you know. Anyway, my impression for this VN was the graphic and OP was good, although my judgement may be wrong though. While usually I would comment about seiyuu, in here I couldn't comment much because they still had quite small role roster for translated VN, and I usually like to comment about seiyuu for translated VN. Although I'll give comment about that very later though.

For character design, I think for now Lycoris had the best design, if only for the her cloth. But for now I'd said all of the characters design was quite good. As for the premise, I think it'll be like Tsukihime because of vampire thing, even though I maybe wrong. Either way looking forward for this game release in English, although from now it'll be a long time (Around 10 months later).

Oh, and for Mikandi Japan thanks for your effort for translating this game to English. That's all from me and feel free to update the progress here.

PS I prefer you release the VN at 2016 Halloween, but if you want to do that at November, it's okay.

• 2 months later...

Kickstarter Backer Update: "Interview with a Vampire" Success, Translation Progress, MOKA LIVE!!!

BREAKING: Producer MOKA LIVE!

Producer MOKA will be interviewed live at DenmoTV on April 14th at 22:00 JST. He'll also be talking a whole lot about their latest VN. I've already seen the promo material and... I've gotta say, it's a hot one. Too hot for Kickstarter :-P"

The game pictured is Bitch Nee-chan ga Seijun na hazu ga nai! (My Perverted Older Sister Can't be this Chaste!).

I'm curious why MiKandi JP and XERO want to spend much of their interview time discussing a nukige.  Shouldn't they tailor this interview at least somewhat for fans of Libra of the Vampire Princess?  Or is this title actually one of MiKandi JP's upcoming projects?

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

Kickstarter Backer Update: "Interview with a Vampire" Success, Translation Progress, MOKA LIVE!!!

The game pictured is Bitch Nee-chan ga Seijun na hazu ga nai! (My Bitch of an Elder Sister Can't be this Chaste!).

I'm curious why MiKandi JP and XERO want to spend much of their interview time discussing a nukige.  Shouldn't they tailor this interview at least somewhat for fans of Libra of the Vampire Princess?  Or is this title actually one of MiKandi JP's upcoming projects?

Slut, not Bitch. Bitch is a wasei-eigo. But yeah, that's a strange update. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

Can someone enlighten me what the difference is? I don't understand why this is so important that Decay had to point it out.

While the term ‘bitch’ could be used to indicate lewdness (and this is debatable, as in this meaning isn’t in the Oxford dictionary type of debatable,) it’s most commonly used to indicate difficult, unpleasantness, or maliciousness. When you refer to your boss as a ‘bitch’ you mean they’re spiteful and mean. A ‘slut’ is someone who is very sexually active. Using the two words synonymously would, at minimum, likely create obfuscation and at worst be inappropriate.

Replacing the word ‘bitch’ with ‘slut’ completely changes the meaning of the title.

Is it important? Well, it depends if you want the correct meaning to be portrayed or not.

9 minutes ago, Rooke said:

While the term ‘bitch’ could be used to indicate lewdness (and this is debatable, as in this meaning isn’t in the Oxford dictionary type of debatable,) it’s most commonly used to indicate difficult, unpleasantness, or maliciousness. When you refer to your boss as a ‘bitch’ you mean they’re spiteful and mean. A ‘slut’ is someone who is very sexually active. Using the two words synonymously would, at minimum, likely create obfuscation and at worst be inappropriate.

Replacing the word ‘bitch’ with ‘slut’ completely changes the meaning of the title.

Is it important? Well, it depends if you want the correct meaning to be portrayed or not.

I'm going with "perverted".  That seems to best fit the description of a girl who's always thinking about sex (but is a virgin).

Thank you Rooke. That's what I thought.

Still, I think "slut" refers to a woman who sleeps with a lot of men. That's not the case here. First, a slut can't be "chaste" like the title implies. Second, the character description clearly states that the sister is a virgin. She just has a brother complex and her brother's smell makes her horny... you know, like a "bitch" in heat.

In my opinion, "slut" is even more wrong than "bitch". It's probably more something like "My lewd sister can't be this chaste".

"Perverted" isn't accurate either, since it means non-standard or unnatural, and is better associated with the Japanese 変態 (hentai).

The point of the title is that the character sounds and acts like a the other characters think a 'slut' would, even though she isn't actually one.  "Slut" is definitely the usage that the title is aiming for here, not lewd, not perverted, and certainly not the English term Bitch.