onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

Looks like they made a new poll.  I think the "infinite voting" trick I found out about still works, though I can't be sure because I think someone else voted while I was trying to check.  Won't be trying it again.  It's a bit strange, that trick seems to work on every online poll I've encountered that doesn't require users to register.  Guess it can't really be fixed  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

You can tell that something is going on with the votes. Somebody probably rigged them to help increase those numbers.

There's no way that 1691 people will respond to this poll in less than a single day.

I had a lot of duplicate responses in my poll as well.  Someone was flooding the poll with waves of 50 duplicates.  That's why I took a screenshot of the results before the trolling began and made the graphs unusable.  Google Forms doesn't appear to have good anti-trolling measures in place, at least not without requiring a Google account to vote.

10 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I had a lot of duplicate responses in my poll as well.  Someone was flooding the poll with waves of 50 duplicates.  That's why I took a screenshot of the results before the trolling began and made the graphs unusable.  Google Forms doesn't appear to have good anti-trolling measures in place, at least not without requiring a Google account to vote.

I think polls in general which doesn't require an account will always have a flaw in the voting system.

I'm guessing that if you have an account, the record of the poll will be saved on to their server. Polls which doesn't require an account will have no data saved onto the server which means that people are able to continuously vote for the same thing. I used to think that the polls without an account were tracked by saving your IP address but I guess there's a reason why they don't do that as well.

They do need to have the poll open longer; I didn't even catch it the first time it happened.

2 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Looks like they made a new poll.  I think the "infinite voting" trick I found out about still works, though I can't be sure because I think someone else voted while I was trying to check.  Won't be trying it again.  It's a bit strange, that trick seems to work on every online poll I've encountered that doesn't require users to register.  Guess it can't really be fixed  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I checked, the trick still works. I didn't think it would be that easy.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

It's impossible to make a poll that doesn't allow for double voting without requiring users to register or sending out a unique code to each user that they need to enter in order to vote.

Even if you try tracking the IP + saving a cookie + some other measures, that's all easily evaded by clearing all local browser data after each vote + using a proxy/VPN to change IP every time.

7 hours ago, JuicyYuuji said:

Will the mini episodes have any H scenes?

My feelings point to no, but I'll check to confirm.

51 minutes ago, Clephas said:

A question for Mikandi... are you guys going to continue funding after the Kickstarter is over? 

We're going to be using BackerKit for add-ons and pledge upgrades.

Since we're closing in on the end of Kickstarter, there's a few things I'd like share with my friends here at Fuwanovel before we move onto the next step. If you haven't checked out our "Making of Libra" movie, please consider giving it a watch. Thanks :D Filmed, Edited, Directed and Produced by Project Manager, James

----- Sumimasen, obligatory promo mention incoming! m(_ _)m -------

There's an off-site promotion we've been running that's open to all backers (old and new, of any pledge level $1+): "Bring a Soldier to Battle" Giveaway. This is running now until the campaign's end in 4X hours from now. Here's how it works...

1. Bring a friend to back Libra for at least $35. 
  2. Both of you will receive a color-copied Iris shikishi ($10 value) for FREE.
  3. Then, both of you will be entered for a chance to win a rare, 60-page art book signed by Risa Miyasu-san (artist for Shuma, Calen, Mari and Iris). The photo is of Producer MOKA and Mayumi Shindo-san (voice of Mari) each holding a copy of Miyasu-san's book during the AMA we did a few weeks ago.

CX2_GO_WEAEeEyO.jpg

There's no limit to how many friends you can bring. Each friend you bring, your name and theirs will enter the drawing as a couple. You bring 5 different friends, that's 5 times your name is in the drawing. If your name is drawn, you and your friend each receive a copy of Risa's 60-page, autographed art book! 

Once you've gotten a friend to back us, both of you should contact us as soon as possible through direct message. The giveaway will be held in the weeks follwing the Kickstarter.

NOTE: This promotion is not retroactive. 

-----

Finally, there's that quote from Producer MOKA that I like to go back to when whenever I think about why I decided to get involved with this project.

"In an environment where foreign players get Japan's newest games, that will help pull the industry into a new future. There are many makers like us, and so many games that can come to you. I want to create new moe for everybody, so please support this project, and let's make new moe together in the future. That's my hope."

We know not everyone cares for Libra, or even visual novels ("What the heck are those?!?!") and that's fine. I'm simply humbled to be playing a role -- practically any role -- in bringing vn's to a place where more people can discover and *enjoy them. ^_^

*I hope that's the case

Most of them signed up the first few days and weeks, because they had money at the time (and I didn't).  I only backed a few days ago.  Though really, I just went around telling them a new VN was getting Kickstarted that I'd played and thought was interesting...  lol

On 1/18/2016 at 2:37 PM, Clephas said:

ost of them signed up the first few days and weeks, because they had money at the time (and I didn't).  I only backed a few days ago.  Though really, I just went around telling them a new VN was getting Kickstarted that I'd played and thought was interesting...  lol

Dang!

I've got a question myself, seeing as this Kickstarter's doing so well, could this mean we may see a localization of the Mecha-con games someday? I'm asking since I've been playing Monomono from a recommendation from Clephas as a good harem eroge and from what I've played so far it's got a good character driven story comparable to the Kyonyuu Fantasy series. I get one complication would be that series is pretty ero heavy so an all ages release would probably be impossible, but then again you guys seem pretty chummy with Mangagamer now and the nukige they release tend to sell well (which includes ones that have story with euphoria being #7 on their 2015 best seller list)

42 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

I've got a question myself, seeing as this Kickstarter's doing so well, could this mean we may see a localization of the Mecha-con games someday? I'm asking since I've been playing Monomono from a recommendation from Clephas as a good harem eroge and from what I've played so far it's got a good character driven story comparable to the Kyonyuu Fantasy series. I get one complication would be that series is pretty ero heavy so an all ages release would probably be impossible, but then again you guys seem pretty chummy with Mangagamer now and the nukige they release tend to sell well (which includes ones that have story with euphoria being #7 on their 2015 best seller list)

For people who like that sort of thing, it is an attractive series, and it would be pretty easy to translate (at least, for me it would be).  It isn't a straight-out nukige series, as there is actually real character development and story involved.  However, the people who like it will like it... and the rest will probably be offended by the basic idea behind it, lol.

Final Hours: Stretch Goal 3 Unlocked, AMA Quotes, Thank You!

eiLoCkz.jpg

Stretch Goal 3 Unlocked: Re-Vote

We left the fate of mini-episode 2's storyline in the hands of our backers. After a second poll was conducted and analyzed, it was Lycoris and Aoi's pre-Libra story that prevailed. 

AMA Fun!

Over the course of our Kickstarter, we held 3 different AMA's: 2 at /r/visualnovels and 1 at /r/cosplay. The following are some highlights from each. 

Question: Did you take inspiration in Draculius when working on Libra? 

CZCNZ75WwAEmGMR.jpg 

CZCNaKHWsAAGUat.jpg 

"The world, setting, is almost the same. At first when we started Libra, we thought about remaking the game... but during the planning, we thought just a remake is not so creative, so we decided to keep some of the same symbols but make a completely different game." 

CZDWsW-WcAEn9FE.jpg 

"For example, when we made Draculius, we didn't imagine the biting pee effect which people asked about earlier in the AMA. So for somebody who really knows about manga/anime story they might know about higanjima manga. In that story, when vampires bite it makes people pee, so I thought if we make something like this with cute girls it might be fun. Of course there is much more, but this is one example maybe people want to hear about!" 

Source https://redd.it/3z7z7u

What got Producer MOKA started on his path? How does he create new characters? 

CYZ_abUWMAAjVqk.jpg 

"When I was in junior high, watching animation became the starting point. For example, anime like Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru. I was also a fan of Oji Hiroi, creator of Sakura Taisen (both game and anime) and Mado King Granzort. I was inspired by his work, so when I found Oji was a game creator also, it helped guide my path in that direction."

"When I create a new character, before I visualize what they look like, I think about what they might say that connects to the story. From there, the details begin to materialize as more dialogue is written." 

Source: https://redd.it/40en99

Kurusaka-san, I like your cosplaying! Why did you become a cosplayer and what's it like in Japan as a cosplayer? 

CYdxsSHWAAEQJ5p.jpg 

"Thank you for your question. When I was a child, I really loved anime and manga. Naruto is my favorite. One day, my friend showed me a picture of Naruto cosplay (it was Sakura). From that moment I fell in love with the idea of dressing up as a character from my favorite show. 

CZC1OObWkAAJXXU.png 

What I like about cosplaying in Japan is there is a big community! I have a many cosplay friends and we enjoy talking about how to make different kinds of costumes. We get to share a lot of cool information with each other. There's also are plenty of shops to buy cosplay items from." (smiling) 

From Kururu Kurasaka's AMA: https://redd.it/40e97p

Thank You!

MiKandi Japan and XERO would like to give a sincere, heartfelt thanks to our friends, followers, the media sites that shared our battle with their audience, and to the Vampire Princess Army. Without you, making it this far wouldn't have been possible. Together we've marched to victory and proven that there is a hope for more visual novels to make it overseas. 

Onward to Immortality! 

MiKandi Japan and XERO