onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

She doesnt have a route atm as it stands and it's disappointing when the fan's favorite girl is on the front box cover but unromancable....

Unrequited love is awful :wub::unsure::(

No confirmation on Iris route.

The poll serves as a nice indicator for XERO on what overseas fans prefer. It's interesting.

As a Japan vs. West comparison, Onomatope* held a poll early on (pre-release) and Kaede ended up most popular.

There was a second poll that ran 10/16-11/15, and if I recall, Aoi took 1st place. However, that poll has since been removed. Not sure why.

So it seems Iris is most popular overseas right now. What decision XERO makes based upon that (if any) we don't know. They're watching, though. ^__^

Doubt it will happen, sadly. It would require extra voice work, new CGs, and modular plot direction. Even if they exceed the Kickstart goal, that would be a decent amount of work and cost involved in modding a game that's already been released on their home turf.

Now, I would love a Iris route, I just don't see it being feasible. At this point, I'll just be happy to see it get funded. How "did" Muvluv rake in so much anyway? Just on its name alone? I mean, I know various anime sites like ANN covered it, despite typically focusing on shows rather then VNs - but still, just where did they churn up that much public attention? Twitter can only go so far - and I would imagine fan sites tend to consist of modular communities, Or did people see it and think "the next Evengelion"? and spread via word-of-mouth? Or is VNDB and EGS really that powerful a rating system? :makina:

Actually in hindsight, they announced it at the 'Cons during the summer, didn't they? Guess that would spread fast~

As a huge fan of Dance in the Vampire bund (Manga version), I must see this succeed, lol...

Doubt it will happen, sadly. It would require extra voice work, new CGs, and modular plot direction. Even if they exceed the Kickstart goal, that would be a decent amount of work and cost involved in modding a game that's already been released on their home turf.

The cost of developing an entire professional quality VN is around $200k I think.  Adding new content isn't that hard or costly, but rather than squeeze another route in they'd likely make a fandisc.  The cost of doing so would probably be $50k or less, which makes for a very reasonable stretch goal.  Unfortunately, Kickstarter stretch goals aren't designed to provide value to backers on a cost basis; they're designed to be cheap gimmicks that prime the PR machine without adding much to costs, such that most of the revenue after the initial goal is met is pure profit.

In short, there's simply no incentive to provide stretch goals that wouldn't be profitable.  No stretch goal at all is better from a business perspective than a stretch goal where revenue equals cost.

Edited by sanahtlig

The cost of developing an entire professional quality VN is around $200k I think.  Adding new content isn't that hard or costly, but rather than squeeze another route in they'd likely make a fandisc.  The cost of doing so would probably be $50k or less, which makes for a very reasonable stretch goal.  Unfortunately, Kickstarter stretch goals aren't designed to provide value to backers on a cost basis; they're designed to be cheap gimmicks that prime the PR machine without adding much to costs, making most of the revenue after the initial goal is met pure profit.

In short, there's simply no incentive to provide stretch goals that wouldn't be profitable.  No stretch goal at all is better from a business perspective than a stretch goal where revenue equals cost.

That's not entirely true. It depends on whether the stretch goal provides incentive for people to back the project that otherwise wouldn't have. I could definitely see the addition of an Iris route getting people to back this that otherwise weren't sure whether to back this or would have decided to wait for the game to be released to buy (or pirate) it. Plus, the same applies for sales after release. If it's an additional route, it will likely get sales after release from people that otherwise wouldn't have bought the game, and if it's a fandisk, they can sell that separately after release, too. For that matter, if they went the fandisk route, they could sell it in Japan, too. I think in this particular case, either option would make good business sense.

Figurine are the answer see the Muv-Luv kickstarter.

They are the most wanted and pledged high reward tier for VN kickstarter. (Bought one for 700$ for myself with 2 figures and a jacket)

edit: Almost forgot hugpillows:michiru:

Thats also a good one for high reward tier.

This.  Seriously, us weebs seem to go ape-shit over figurines and dakis.  I personally don't get it (I've only ever bought one figurine and don't want a daki), but it seems to be pretty true, looking at the past few Kickstarters where they were offered.  I'd second the opinion that you guys should look into that.  Making them Kickstarter-exclusive is also probably a good idea, if you do end up deciding to go through with it.

I second these guys ideas!

I'm pretty sure Mikandi Japan has got all the rewards relating to the Otaku culture. All of them looks good but for personal reasons I have to avoid the mousepad and the hug pillows. The acrylic figure and the keychain is pretty much what I like and what I'm able to get as well.

Thanks for bringing this up! :wub:

Question for everyone on expanding reward tiers:

Prior to the campaign, we thought about making the physical copy an add-on, but for a few reasons we decided not to.

Since the campaign has begun, a few people have asked if we would do so. We're pretty flexible, but would like to ask your opinion before going forward if you don't mind.

1. Is there any change you might suggest making to any of our tiers (is there one in particular that sticks out)?

2. Do you think more people would be happy to see a physical copy as an add-on?

Even though only a few people have asked about this, we realize not everyone will choose to reach out to us. Thanks for your help!

And, Cerulean, when you say "we", it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. The campaign has been shaping up to feel like a group of united supporters, hasn't it. ;-)

Maybe you could add in some character figures or some chibi ones. Other ideas could be a steelbook, clothing patches which have emblems on it, a replica sword that Shuma uses (or any other character's weapons), model replicas of character's accessories like Iris's necklace, plushies, more hand drawings with other characters (since they're sold out), a tapestry of a certain character instead of everyone on it, a picture of character signed by it's main voice actor, stationary (books or pens) with character designs on it, USB with character designs on it (I'd buy that), a coin which celebrates this occasion etc. You can also use the poll to create figures, plushies or tapestries which represent the #1 character voted (probably Iris).

That's if you have the budget that is. My personal opinion would be to make an actual figurine of that character and put it into kickstarter as well. I'd prefer figures which are actually similar to the character's physical appearance but put into a 1:7 or lower scale and not something flat or chibi.

Like these guys said "Make it a kickstarter exclusive" that's going to be the key.

40% Funded! Weeee!

@jetpack: I just sent off an updated list of rewards suggestions with the project manager. Thanks for sharing so much info!

@Suzu: Nice forum sig! Iris is especially pleased.

@all: Talk to you soon!

PS: Hopefully we're all still here after maintenance :D

:wub:

Maybe you could add in some character figures or some chibi ones. Other ideas could be a steelbook, clothing patches which have emblems on it, a replica sword that Shuma uses (or any other character's weapons), model replicas of character's accessories like Iris's necklace, plushies, more hand drawings with other characters (since they're sold out), a tapestry of a certain character instead of everyone on it, a picture of character signed by it's main voice actor, stationary (books or pens) with character designs on it, USB with character designs on it (I'd buy that), a coin which celebrates this occasion etc. You can also use the poll to create figures, plushies or tapestries which represent the #1 character voted (probably Iris).

Something like this would be nice~

CGGi4TMVAAE1GO9.png

Not really sure about the idea of throwing more replicas in, seems a little bit too costly to me.

Something like this would be nice~

Not really sure about the idea of throwing more replicas in, seems a little bit too costly to me.

That's actually pretty nice. I like how it has some quotes on the drawing as well. Maybe Libra could have that as well like "Love 4 You!" or a popular character quote that the only voice actors/director knows.

Yeah, having replicas in is pretty costly especially one that is very detailed. If money isn't the problem then they should go with that option. Figurines are pretty popular in Japan and it gets even worse when there's so few of them made.

I actually really like the idea of the blanket - I live in a rather cold climate - and also keep the heat low to save on cash. So having a blanket with my waifu on it while I'm just taking it easy at home would be pretty sweet. Can't decide if I'd want it to be lewd or safe though... Customs office where I live can be pretty heavy-handed when it comes to anything anime. =/

Goes without saying it should be Iris, regardless :3

Vampire Princess Army,

Greetings! How are you on this terrific Tuesday evening?

This is an exciting moment, for we've just rolled out 4 new items (all of them physical) to the add-ons section. For you, we have:

• Physical Game ($55)
  • Physical Game + Collectors Box ($65) 
  • Physical Artbook ($10)
  • Physical Soundtrack ($18)

IMPORTANT NOTE: If your current reward tier does not have shipping, please include a flat fee of $10 after selecting your add-ons. This will cover shipping costs. Thank you! ^__^

*All prices are in USD.

45% Funded!

Huzzah! We're now just over 45% funded and just in time to welcome our 666th soldier to the Vampire Princess Army! Ooooooh! Let's keep up the great work and continue muscling our way to the castle keep!

Fan Art Submissions?

Recently I was contacted by a Vampire Princess Army member and asked if we might be accepting fan art. Why YES, indeed we are! ;-) In fact, this is a call to all artists, craftspeople, doodlers, scribblers, and finger painters of any/all capability. Show us your Libra fan art and sketches. Anything, really. If there's one thing that the Kickstarter balrog has a weakness for, it's imagery of the adversary. This is like sunlight to a *gulp* vampire. Muahahaha!

So please, don't be shy, show us your love for Aoi, Lycoris, Calen, Mari, Sakurako, Kaede, Shuma, and... you-know-who! Do it in your own special way.

Tweet your work(s) to our Twitter Page: @MiKandiJapan with the hashtag #LibraFanArt . If you don't have Twitter, paste us a link to your image in the comment section of this update and we'll tweet for you. 

Let's all share and re-tweet our Libra fan art for the world see! The Kickstarter balrog WILL be surrendering soon enough.

Need some Inspiration? Please have another look at any of our officially released Libra videos on our campaign page.

Thanks again, Vampire Princess Army for your continued support! See you all in another update soon. <3

Onward to Victory!

MiKandi Japan and XERO

PS: Heya Fuwanovel Friends,

The previous was from our most recent Kickstarter update. Just thought I'd share for those that are interested. Thanks for your time. ^__^

How is everyone?

Hope you all had a Full Moon "Mari" Christmas!

0J8eBh0.gif

Today, we've introduced a new poll: Cosplay! Please check it out if you're interested.

As always, feedback is very helpful as we continue to shape up the campaign and consider potential new rewards.

CXKtGDvWsAABPTk.jpg

Thanks again for your time, Fuwa-friends! <3

See you soon!

Dont go crazy MiKandi Japan. It doesnt have to be big names like Anna Faith Carlson or Alodia Gosiengfiao (She's Filipino like me!), just cute girls who pull off striking resemblance with your characters. Although it would be amazing if you can get those two, since they are the two best cosplayers in the world and they blend so well with any characters they cosplay. :wahaha: 

Anna Faith would make a great Lycoris and Alodia would pull off Aoi like she just came out of the visual novel.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Errr....so what exactly is this "cosplay" thing about? Are you going to do some kind of offline event or something?

We'd get in touch with either a cosplay model or AV model to dress up as one of Libra's characters, and make a very cool shoot of it.

There are more details beyond that, but we really need to see what kind of a response the poll gets, and then make a decision from there.

Oh... and UPDATE: Iris Mouse Pads have arrived!

CXLJenGWkAAkRDl.png

Edited by MiKandi Japan