onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

I don't think it's that surprising. I'll try making up some numbers to see if a reasonable conclusion can be reached.

Another game that is around 50+ hours is Aiyoku no Eustia. Aiyoku no Eustia has 65489 lines. 

15% of 65489 lines is 9823.35 -> 9823 lines of h-scenes. 

The number differs based on game, but I think the average line count of a single H-scene is about 400-500 lines. Some games maybe have shorter ones. (This is not 400-500 lines of sex, this is considering the H-scene as the entire scene itself. Some story segments may be included in an "h-scene".) 

Under this conclusion, the game would have ~20 H-scenes. 

There are 7 heroines in this game. 

If each heroine has about 3 H-scenes (which is a pretty standard number for moege), that would lead to us having 21 H-scenes, which fits in the ball park. I think the VN I mentioned Aiyoku no Eustia has 1-2 H-scenes for each of the main heroines, as well as some other stuff in the extras section. (rip didn't see most of them since I just followed the true route). 

I can't check since I lost all my save files for VNs when I changed computers. 

I'm also surprised that 15% of the script is H-scenes.  The game must have a truly prodigious amount of ero.  Your average nukige doesn't even have 10hrs of H-scenes.

That's actually a pretty standard percentage when you start doing the math with a lot of games. 

leMpWx2.png

I'll just leave this here for speculation *whistles*

Why would MiKandi make an official 18+ version to sell on Denpasoft's site when they're making an 18+ patch for the Steam version, and could just sell an 18+ version on their own site if they wanted to?  It's not like Denpasoft gets a ton of hits or anything.  It'd make more sense to sell it on MangaGamer's site, if they were going to use a third party site to sell it.  I sincerely doubt this means much of anything.

Note that was written before I saw Mephisto's speculation that MiKandi was extrapolating reading time from line count.  It's not "standard" for eroge to have 10hrs of H-scenes.  A better tool to estimate reading time is text size in MB.

Why would MiKandi make an official 18+ version to sell on Denpasoft's site when they're making an 18+ patch for the Steam version, and could just sell an 18+ version on their own site if they wanted to?  It's not like Denpasoft gets a ton of hits or anything.  It'd make more sense to sell it on MangaGamer's site, if they were going to use a third party site to sell it.  I sincerely doubt this means much of anything.

Maybe MiKandi doesn't WANT to sell it on their site?  I could think of at least one reason why.  It does make sense that MiKandi would want to be friendly with Sekai Project, seeing as SP is the "market leader" in getting VNs crowdfunded, and they have an established fanbase that funds their projects (and might fund MiKandi Japan's too).  I agree that selling on Denpasoft only would be an odd choice, but it doesn't seem like their primary goal is to make money off the adult version given their focus on Kickstarter.

Edited by sanahtlig

Someone on their reddit AMA asked them to actual release an 18+ version instead of just a patch for the steam version, and they said they'd look into it specifically mentioning that they'd talk to 3rd parties about it. 

as far as i remember, they´ve already stated that selling libras full version at the mikandi-store is planned by them, if the android stretch goal is met during its ks-campaign. honestly this would be a pretty odd choice, when non offering libra on the mikandi app, like neglecting their core-fanbase for steams, or whomever´s sake. heavily doubting they´ll go down this path...

cant remember where, but isnt it obvious that they would try offering the adult version on their own adult appstore, if funded?

edit: just in case i´ve been hallucinating, or whatthefuckelse, asked them on twitter for confirmation, so yeah...

cant remember where, but isnt it obvious that they would try offering the adult version on their own adult appstore, if funded?

No it's not.  The game has a loli, for one, and MiKandi US might not want it in their store.  On the other hand, MiKandi Japan couldn't host an unmosaiced game either.  MiKandi US might sell the adult version in their store, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

Cultural norms are a complicated thing.

Someone on their reddit AMA asked them to actual release an 18+ version instead of just a patch for the steam version, and they said they'd look into it specifically mentioning that they'd talk to 3rd parties about it. 

Wow, somehow I missed that response on reddit completely  :sachi:

Maybe MiKandi doesn't WANT to sell it on their site?  I could think of at least one reason why.  It does make sense that MiKandi would want to be friendly with Sekai Project, seeing as SP is the "market leader" in getting VNs crowdfunded, and they have an established fanbase that funds their projects (and might fund MiKandi Japan's too).  I agree that selling on Denpasoft only would be an odd choice, but it doesn't seem like their primary goal is to make money off the adult version given their focus on Kickstarter.

If I'm remember correctly, there already was some cross-promotion through one of the updates to one of SP's Kickstarters, but I don't remember which campaign or even the update itself, and my memory is pretty notoriously bad, so take that with a grain of salt.  As to the possibility of them not selling it on their own site, that may be true, but it still sounds ridiculous to me that they'd prefer to sell it on Denpasoft.  Ah, well, looks like it's the waiting game, unless there's more content to speculate about in the near future.

Jesus christ they need to ease up on the female cast numbers. No wonder so many people think VN´s are poorly written horndog fap material.

I mean, I dont really mind female characters, but they should really start thinking about striking some kind of balance.

*squints incredulously*

You realize what the target audience for eroge is... right?

I mostly play eroges because the story is usually more mature. Also, most Hollywood movies have some sort of sex scene(s), so what exactly is your point here?

Games filled with moe comedy tropes and fanservice are not generally the place to look for mature storytelling.  The genre expectation is that it's not mature.  You're looking for an entirely different type of game than this is meant to be.

That of course is in addition to the obvious fact that eroge have explicit sex scenes for a reason.  Your comparison to Hollywood movies is... rather naive.

Games filled with moe comedy tropes and fanservice are not generally the place to look for mature storytelling.  The genre expectation is that it's not mature.  You're looking for an entirely different type of game than this is meant to be.

That of course is in addition to the obvious fact that eroge have explicit sex scenes for a reason.  Your comparison to Hollywood movies is... rather naive.

Really? The stuff I have seen in Underworld was fairly explicit itself TBH. Also I was talking about all of eroge, not just this specific example. That means it includes stuff like Devil on the G string, sharin no kuni, fate stay night and Ayakashibito. Those games all have both fairly explicit sex scenes, and a memorable story.

Hello Everyone!

Since there's only 4 days left until launch, MKJ has been in Kickstarter "countdown" mode. Part of this countdown mode is to reveal one thing (or more) each day about our campaign until we finally go live on December 10, 2015.

For today's reveal we have...

DRM-Free: The physical copy of Libra will be DRM-Free to all Kickstarter Backers!

Theme Song & EN Lyrics: For music lovers, we've added a download link to "The Annunciation", Libra's opening theme sung by Mayumi Shindo & Toa Yukimura. We've also included a lyric sheet image translated from the original JP to EN!

1ce614cc1047408e9dd24dc86e0dd960_thumb.j

We hope you enjoy and are looking forward to tomorrow's exciting reveal.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Until then...

Edited by MiKandi Japan

So, Shuma has sprites, but not voice acting? Why is that? I mean, it felt like something was lacking when I watched the video. However, the art and Lycoris kind of made everything good º-º

Oh, one thing about the translation: that "baaaaaad" in Lycoris line was pretty weird. I usually don't like using words like that :<

So, Shuma has sprites, but not voice acting? Why is that? I mean, it felt like something was lacking when I watched the video. However, the art and Lycoris kind of made everything good º-º

Well, he is the protagonist, so voice acting is not required.

Indeed. Your voice is Shuma's... and Shuma's is yours!

CVwi38QUkAAt9a-.jpg

8)

Edited by MiKandi Japan