onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

everyone is named in these novel, but i guess you mean aoi & lycoris

might be a good idea to read its description on the prefundia XD
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-bishoujo-game-english-version/6962/

Oh ok thanks. I dont think I've seen that link before so it's new to me.

EGS ratings are trickling in.  Only 8 votes so far, but it's the highest scored game from onomatope* so far with a median of 78.  Most of their titles hover around 70.  Initial reception in Japan seems positive.  70 is typically my threshold for interest.  I usually aim for titles with ratings in the upper 70's.  Your average popular title typically has scores in the upper 70's or lower 80's.  Most of the non-nukige MangaGamer works on score in the 70-80 range.

http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/brand.php?brand=3088

Note that link won't work for many people because EGS appears to IP block a range of addresses outside Japan.  I have to use a Japanese proxy to access it.

Edited by sanahtlig

Erogamescape ratings are best not taken seriously until they have 30+ votes, and even then not until a few weeks have passed.  Early buyers tend to overrate games there (not surprising - if you don't expect to like it, you wouldn't buy it at launch), so the average slides downwards as more normal votes come in.  Unfortunately, the trimmed average list only gets updated once a month, so we won't see Libra on that until first week of Deember.

An average of 65 puts it about rank 5000 in that database.  Other titles in that range include the OsaDai fandisk, and several Studio e.go! and Chien games.  Hardly bad, but not looking like a kamige.

EGS ratings are trickling in.  Only 8 votes so far, but it's the highest scored game from onomatope* so far with a median of 78.  Most of their titles hover around 70.  Initial reception in Japan seems positive.  70 is typically my threshold for interest.  I usually aim for titles with ratings in the upper 70's.  Your average popular title typically has scores in the upper 70's or lower 80's.  Most of the non-nukige MangaGamer works on score in the 70-80 range.

http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/brand.php?brand=3088

Note that link won't work for many people because EGS appears to IP block a range of addresses outside Japan.  I have to use a Japanese proxy to access it.

what the hell I can enter without a proxy now :s 

You also have to understand that Erogamescape generally rates based on moe content... 

Well, yeah, moe is the market these days.  Everything else may be more interesting, but the other genres are all niche compared to stupid girls doing stupid things (and getting screwed towards the end of it).  So the fanboys of moe turn out in droves.

Despite that, when you actually get a long time and a lot of votes behind a title, the top ones usually are good titles.  Take a look at the top five titles (after stripping out the 5-vote weird ones):

1) YU-NO

2) White Album 2 ~closing chapter~

3) Muv Luv Alternative

4) Sengoku Rance

5) Kazoku Keikaku

Those are all very good titles, but hardly a bastion of empty moe.

from what I've seen the average score is the same on vndb and erogame at least it is on the vns i've played, even if there are bots and trolls voting that wont affect the general average score, if it is 6 for example it would tend to go to lets say 5.5 and 6.5 but again the average will stay the same, that is if the vn have a minimum number of votes and not just few (you need at least 10-20 votes) but then again with just a few you can't really reflect how people think on that vn in particular so it wont matter anyway.

Lets take this crappy vn Sukui no Serenade

https://vndb.org/v16895 21 votes total, average 6.18 (decent)

http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/game.php?game=21676#ad 

中央値63

so in both of them 6 seems to be the general average give or take.

muv luv alt

vndb average 9.29 (excellent)

ero

中央値93

Katawa shoujo

vndb 6481 votes average 7.87 (good)

Ero with 21 votes only still same score

中央値78

you cannot trick statistics  :P 

anything from light would be good, just saying :wafuu: and there isn't a single vn from them translated not even fan-translated.

Deep Blue,

We were wondering if you (or anyone else) may have come across fan-translations of XERO's VN's, their sub-brands, in the past. Thanks!

As for Light, Vermillion -Bind of Blood- looks sassy a h***! :D

I'm a bit late into the thread but a game which has vampires, werewolfs and a girl that dresses like a nun, I'm in!

This game has my full support on Kickstarter. A bit disappointing how there's only four characters to choose from though. Aww well...

Thanks for the support jeypack003-san! :D

We were wondering if you (or anyone else) may have come across fan-translations of XERO's VN's, their sub-brands, in the past. Thanks!

As far as I know, there is none. Just not too appealing to general players I guess (since the company focuses a lot on moege/semi-nukige, and Western players seem to care about plot-focused ones more)

anything from light would be good, just saying :wafuu: and there isn't a single vn from them translated not even fan-translated.

Deep Blue,

As for Light, Vermillion -Bind of Blood- looks sassy a h***! :D

nope, nothing from xero's or their sub companies is translated, at least nothing that I know of.

Western players tend to enjoy plot-focused games more, instead of those appealing through specific traits or chracteristics, especially when you put aside typical anime fans. In overall, moege does not have that much of a holding ground here, since our cultures differ too much; Japan is the culture of cute, while we're usually looking for something more definite and serious. You can experience that just by looking at the late trends; for example, Psycho-Pass was preety popular on the west, while in Japan it wasn't any sort of a spectacular success (it did fairly well, but that's only because Urobutcher's name was on it). It's been the same like that with majority of mature titles and works, which often focus a lot more on the story, characters and settings, than the premise of "cute girls doing cute things". Those that fail in Japan, get a lot more recognition abroad and vice versa.

It doesn't mean we dislike moe aspects. What we need though is a proper meaning to it, which is something most creators often tend to neglect. In overall, I think those aspects need to be taken into account for japanese developers to get more recognition abroad.

Edited by Narcosis

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's the weekend and we're busy as heck but, we've got a couple topics we'll be looking into -- one of them being the PSVITA.

"Moe on the move!" (as I like to call it lol), seems like a very convenient option. Many have reached out (Twitter, Prefundia and private messages), asking if we'll be making Libra available for the Vita.

No promises at all, but we're investigating it as an additional option to the other formats we're offering.

We wanted to mention this here to see what our friends at Fuwanovel might have to say.

Thanks for your time and continued feedback!

You guys rock! 8)

Any established VN fan is already accustomed to the PC as the dominant VN platform.  Obviously if you ask at a place like the NISA forums you'll get a different response.  They have a VN thread there if you want to stop by and see what they have to say.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14120&start=1020

Edited by sanahtlig