onomatope*'s lastest title - Kyuuketsuki no Libra - is coming to Steam

Satsuki

Good... ? Yeah, it's good. They also want to raise the funds to do what would presumably be a proper english translation. I don't know how they plan on doing it, I'll have reservations if they don't plan on working with any of the established players in the game because even if your intent is to hire native speakers to do the translation, there's a lot in this business that can go wrong if you have no experience and managing a team of foreigners as a small company will probably lead to issues. Or hey, maybe this will work out and will lead into an era of Japanese companies being more proactive. 

edit: Seems like they're using some international consulting firm who might be suited for international business management so maybe they know what they're doing:; https://mikandi.jp/ MiKandi Japan seems to be owned by an indiivdual named Aaron Jenkins and it their sort of reminds me of the JAST approach. MiKandi might be trying to become another player in the eroge localization market. So no, my initial impression of this being handled by onomatope seems be have been off-base.

It's really bizzare considering they havn't released any AMAZINGLY big titles, nothing of theirs have been fantranslated, and the 18+ version hasn't even been released in Japan yet. To top it off I don't think it has anything to do with Sekai or Mangagamer.

Well, most (or all) of their previous titles are harem semi-nukige, so it's understandable that no one bothered translating them. I'm actually surprised when they announced this proper-plot-looking title.

As for these guys, they seem to be a new English localization company based on Japan. Never heard about them before.

Apparently they're doing a kickstarter too? Who knows how well a kickstarter for a completely unknown game like this will go. 

A kickstarter for a meoge/nukige thats not even released from a more or less unknown company? Yeah i toltaly see that getting funded especially if they release it only as a cutted version.

Not so sure about a cutted moege/semi-nukige title on steam tbh.

IMHHW did pretty well, considering that MoeNovel pretty much ruined it, so you can't exactly blame them for wanting in on the action.  Doesn't mean that I'll support them blindly without any inkling of the quality or seeing what they cut out, though.

Well, Satsuki is saying that this might be more story-focused so there might be some substance if they cut out the sex? Honestly I don't care what they do to make a Steam version, if there's also going to be an 18+ one.

edit: Just so people are clear, THESE are the people who want to translate this: https://mikandi.com/ (warning, NWS AS ALL HELL)

I don't think you have to worry about there being no 18+ version.

IMHHW did pretty well, considering that MoeNovel pretty much ruined it, so you can't exactly blame them for wanting in on the action.  Doesn't mean that I'll support them blindly without any inkling of the quality or seeing what they cut out, though.

That is true but that was at a time were you could count the released VNs on steam with 1 or 2 hands. Princess Evangile only sold around 2500~ Copies according to Steamdb as an example.

Sounds good. I'm not really a fan of Onomatope*'s games (https://vndb.org/v5932 :makina: ), but their new releases are of considerably higher quality. Also, you're making it sound like japanese developers can't actually translate their games by themselves and need SP/MG/Jast to do it for them.

Well, MoeNovel can't :lol:

Sounds good. I'm not really a fan of Onomatope*'s games (https://vndb.org/v5932 :makina: ), but their new releases are of considerably higher quality. Also, you're making it sound like japanese developers can't actually translate their games by themselves and need SP/MG/Jast to do it for them.

Well, I kind of am? All attempts they've had at doing things themselves have been pretty big failures so far. A company that knows the english market and has experience in translation will invariably do better than one that does not have either. But it's a moot point, because as I edited into my post it's being handled by another company with some experience in this anyways. 

must correct myself, there even is a loli-vampire - hell the fucking yeah!

edit: if they really decide on working hands in hands with mikandi then the novel in question is pretty much in good hands, as well as we wont have to worry about an adult version release as decay already mentioned.

edit2: cause i never heard of this company and their games before, i looked few of them up and yeah - definitely found enough material to read in the next days - immouto-wise of course - which makes me hope they wont turn out beeing pure garbage, so we could eventually expect more of them in the future after this ones success, which is almost certain considering steam users getting steamy and the fact mikandi isnt a newbie in the scene either, with them having a somehow pretty big fanbase by now that would most certainly support their endeavours of kickstarting the whole thing - even if it wont end up beeing a free product like most of their others use to be

edit: if they really decide on working hands in hands with mikandi then the novel in question is pretty much in good hands, as well as we wont have to worry about an adult version release as decay already mentioned.

edit2: cause i never heard of this company and there games before, i looked few of them up and yeah - definitely found enough to read the next days - immouto-wise of course - which makes me hope they wont turn out beeing pure garbage, so we could eventually expect more of them in the future after this ones success, which is almost certain considering steam users getting steamy...

Mikandi Japan confirmed it via twitter

edit2: cause i never heard of this company and there games before, i looked few of them up and yeah - definitely found enough to read the next days - immouto-wise of course - which makes me hope they wont turn out beeing pure garbage, so we could eventually expect more of them in the future after this ones success, which is almost certain considering steam users getting steamy...

In term of harem-ge, their stuff are pretty good, at least for me :lol:

cool that its been confirmed officially by them - also the fact that they decided on working together with (s)experts than bloody amateurs

edit: please change my quote to the modified one, as i did afew changes. thx
edit2: crayten, that you even ask them about 18er versions......