Is (are) there any LN/manga/anime character(s) tougher and stonger than Dragon Ball's Son Goku?

GLM4475

Son Goku is definitely the toughest and the strongest protagonist I've ever known. Some characters only able to destroy small things. Some only able to destroy villages/cities. Some only able to destroy nations/countries. Son Goku's able to destroy planets (if he wants to, which he never does) by only focusing energy on his palms. His strength even exceeds the Kings of Gods. Kamehameha=*Boom* @)&#*@#^@^#@*^)#@#)! *Kaboom*

*Note: I know that many protagonists prefer using their strength/power to "protect" rather than to "destroy", but we need to measure their power/strength in some ways.

Not only he has tremendous strength and power, he could instantly teleport to places he could feel life energy from.

But, that's not all. The coolest (or most ridiculous) thing about him is that even after dying, he keeps training in the afterlife waiting to be revived. While most story ends when its protagonist dies. Though till now I'm still uncertain which is stronger, Goku or the dragon ball (which could grant [almost] any wish)?

But maybe there is (are) some character(s) even stronger than him I still don't know about.

hard to imagine there is anyone tougher or stronger than Goku because he can beat a god, also there is no real penalty for him if he dies, I mean he got the Aureola thing and nothing else and when he is dead he can live by eating clouds in heaven lol so it's almost a benefit for him to be dead. So yeah he is like a super god OP as fuck.

Probably Kami Tenchi(Tenchi Muyo), Dark Schneider(Bastard!!), Pegasus Seiya(Saint Seiya), and the Lord of Nightmares(Slayers). I'd give reasons to why they could beat Goku, but lel it's late and I'm feeling lazy. I'd say Getter Emperor, Mazinger ZERO, Genesic GaoGaiGar, and Elder God Demonbane too if mechs count. Elder God Kurou might be able to without Demonbane.

For me, the struggles a character makes and their failures along the way are what make a character strong.  Pure strength and ability, though a factor, does not take priority over a character who is human and can be allowed to be strong despite that.

By this, I'd argue that Battler of Umineko is of a higher degree than Goku, at least perhaps once you hit episodes Five and Six.  Though it's certainly up for debate.

Alright, here's some mumbled thoughts.

Shiki always has a chance to win as long as she can get a hit. It doesn't even matter if he can revive- if it's her, it won't happen. Can she get a hit? In this case, I don't think so. Still worth mentioning.

Accelerator from Toaru could do it if Goku couldn't figure out the trick behind beating him. 

As for actually stronger/thougher:

For me, the struggles a character makes and their failures along the way are what make a character strong.  Pure strength and ability, though a factor, does not take priority over a character who is human and can be allowed to be strong despite that.

By this, I'd argue that Battler of Umineko is of a higher degree than Goku, at least perhaps once you hit episodes Five and Six.  Though it's certainly up for debate.

Not Battler, but I'd argue that Bernkastel, maybe.

The Gurren Lagann folk could legitimately count as tougher and stronger, given enough spiral power.

All of Aselia's eternals. 

Giorno from Jojo, with Gold Experience Requiem comes to mind as a legitimate one. 

Kuki from Ayakashibito, as well as the protagonist, at the end of a certain route.

there's a lot more but this is enough from me.

Novel thought: characters are as strong as their authors want them to be.

Goku is strong, sure, but arguing which fictional character would win is pretty silly. We've seen Goku lose countless times, he just comes back stronger next time. It's not unreasonable to think characters like, say, Accelerator from Index or Saitama from One Punch Man could likely destroy Goku, but the thing is everyone can be outsmarted, so long as the author wants to, so this discussion ends up being pretty moot.

well in the dragon ball z series it has to be Cell (not god) if he ever got out of hell he could once again fight Goku. also Goku did say that he couldn't beat him only his son, so if Cell is back it could be a mess. yes there has been times Cell fight Goku when Cell die but that is only in hell land terms which made things go one way or another (the author made it like that).

in terms of other characters that will be an unreasonable thing to know, the authors have rules for characters so unless you know what their weakness is or any reason to fight (its not like they going to fight), the story will be random.

p.s my godlike character can beat goku, he can make laws and break laws of the existence.

Shiki always has a chance to win as long as she can get a hit. It doesn't even matter if he can revive- if it's her, it won't happen. Can she get a hit? In this case, I don't think so. Still worth mentioning.

The Gurren Lagann folk could legitimately count as tougher and stronger, given enough spiral power.

Kuki from Ayakashibito, as well as the protagonist, at the end of a certain route.

To add a few, all from the same manga:

Medaka Box

Kumagawa Misogi - His power is called "All Fiction", he can turn whatever he wants into fiction with it. This includes things like death and any kind of damage.

Gagamaru Chougasaki - He possesses an ability called "Encounter", which allows him to push away all damage inflicted on him, including all physical, emotional, and mental damage, elsewhere. No matter how fast or numerous the attacks, he will take no damage from any assault. The location is specified by him and can range from structures to other people.

Shibuki Shibushi - He power is called "Scar Dead", she's able to re-open any wound ever inflicted on someone, no matter how old. This ability extends not only to physical wounds, but to mental wounds as well.

Yah arguing about who's the strongest fictional shounen anime/manga characters sounds like what 5 year olds discuss at school. Don't worry, when I was a little girl, I had similar arguments with boys and Cardcaptor Sakura. lol

No teenage person or older should even bother since there's no way to prove who's the strongest when you and the author can cosmically expand their strengths in great proportions in "what if" settings....

Goku is strong, sure, but arguing which fictional character would win is pretty silly. We've seen Goku lose countless times, he just comes back stronger next time. It's not unreasonable to think characters like, say, Accelerator from Index or Saitama from One Punch Man could likely destroy Goku, but the thing is everyone can be outsmarted, so long as the author wants to, so this discussion ends up being pretty moot.

Well, maybe it's true but nevertheless it's a fun discussion (or debate).

Oppai dragon  :makina:

An answer as expected from you.

Remember when Goku's son Gohan was the strongest DBZ character?

I miss those days.

well in the dragon ball z series it has to be Cell (not god) if he ever got out of hell he could once again fight Goku. also Goku did say that he couldn't beat him only his son, so if Cell is back it could be a mess. yes there has been times Cell fight Goku when Cell die but that is only in hell land terms which made things go one way or another (the author made it like that).

in terms of other characters that will be an unreasonable thing to know, the authors have rules for characters so unless you know what their weakness is or any reason to fight (its not like they going to fight), the story will be random.

p.s my godlike character can beat goku, he can make laws and break laws of the existence.

Hmm, I guess during that time certainly Goku couldn't beat Cell, only Gohan could. But Goku has a perseverance in that he becomes stronger each time he dies. If they were to do a rematch, I'm pretty sure Goku could win the next one. I actually think Majin Boo is a lot stronger than Cell. He could even survive a point blank explosion stronger than a C4 from Vegeta, and Goku is the only one able to beat Boo.

Yah arguing about who's the strongest fictional shounen anime/manga characters sounds like what 5 year olds discuss at school. Don't worry, when I was a little girl, I had similar arguments with boys and Cardcaptor Sakura. lol

No teenage person or older should even bother since there's no way to prove who's the strongest when you and the author can cosmically expand their strengths in great proportions in "what if" settings....

I'm still 5 years old at heart. I would never stop fantasizing and imagining things. There would be no inventors if adults never think of "what if" scenarios.

Hmm, I guess during that time certainly Goku couldn't beat Cell, only Gohan could. But Goku has a perseverance in that he becomes stronger each time he dies. If they were to do a rematch, I'm pretty sure Goku could win the next one. I actually think Majin Boo is a lot stronger than Cell. He could even survive a point blank explosion stronger than a C4 from Vegeta, and Goku is the only one able to beat Boo.

yes but Buu is not smart like Cell, sometimes in certain dragon ball z series they have to use their brain to win (voluma is not going to build everything for them). it took 3 people to defeat him,

Goku with the spirit bomb,  Vegeta being a punching bag, and kid buu to hold him at the last second. Cell can make a spirit bomb if he wanted to and possibly faster with forceful actions rather than kindness that Goku does.