Shiny Days discussion thread

SilverLi

I am actually enjoying Shiny Days. It is taking a while to get through my first playtrough but I am constantly making progress. My limited edition shipping is underway too. The most annoying part at the moment is:

They are fighting over him before and during the Shrine festival. Seriously how poular could someone be and he is clueless. Oh well but that's nothing out of the ordinary. Almost every protagonist is dense.

Characters from School/Shiny Days feel like they haven't been eating for days. They have such a slow and boring response. And my God, they have such booring conversations. Characters are mostly in blank state unless they suddenly shift from sad to happy triggered by a line that they like or hate. It gives me such a eerie feeling. Even if I manage to pull a happy ending, it just doesn't feel like one. I feel empty after playing this. Yup, I liked Setsuna, but for other routes, I'll pass. :blink:

I am sorry if I sound like a broken recorder but can I play this without touching any other novels in the franchise? Been trying to search for a proper direct answer to this or suggestion to play them in some order. 

Since this game is "The long-awaited sequel to School Days" but it's also "alternate universe"..?

I haven't played Shiny Days yet (stlil waiting on bugfixes + decensorship patch), but I have played School Days and Cross Days.  I would recommend playing School Days first.  Is there a driving reason you want to play Shiny Days first or only?

Edited by sanahtlig

I've only played the first couple chapters, but they kinda skimped on the character introductions a little. I would imagine going in blind would make you barely understand who's who and probably wouldn't really care about anyone. You could just do a quick single playthrough of School Days while avoiding the bad ends, and you'd be up to speed.

I've only played the first couple chapters, but they kinda skimped on the character introductions a little. I would imagine going in blind would make you barely understand who's who and probably wouldn't really care about anyone. You could just do a quick single playthrough of School Days while avoiding the bad ends, and you'd be up to speed.

I agree with Decay here. The route I took was a bit fast paced. If I haven't played School Days a lot of the characters would've been like open shells. But that's of course probably depending on the routes too. A lot of the character doesn't get screentime on my current route.

Nothing pisses me off as good old NTR. I read somewhere that you can walk in on Shun banging Setsuna or Sekai in Shiny days. Is this so? and if so, is it meant to act as a NTR scenario or do you have nothing to do with those characters when this happens? I think it was bad enough with School days and Taisuke. I know Makoto is a prick, but i still don't like it.

Hidden Content

I've been through just about everything on the walkthrough at Otakulair and there is no sign of this.  Shun bangs one of the twins (triplets?) on other routes, but that appears to be it.  It seems incredibly unlikely, considering not only that Shun is Setsuna's father, but both Setsuna and Seikai have hots the our loser protagonist long before the story starts.  

Does anyone know why Super Sonico is in this game?  She doesn't really do anything, like at all, and has no reason for being there.  Aside from that, why is she working part time as a waitress?  Isn't she a little busy with her music career and being a full time student?  Perhaps this is explained in another Overflow game, but there seems to be no reason for her to be there and it will only burn goodwill anyone who bought the game for Super Sonico would have had.

• 3 weeks later...

I did complete my first playthrough yesterday. I thought I was nice but no. Spoiler of the ending below. 

I think it was a bad end, "Setsuna disappears". I seriously tried to be nice and not fuck up at least the first time. I don't even know what I did wrong. :D Spoiler below of the final scenes.

It was looking good and suddenly Makoto raped her because of a misunderstanding. Seriously...

JAST confirmed they're working on it.  The restoration patch won't be out til the general bugfix patch is out.  That'll also be available--eventually.  Might be a week.  Could be a month.  Could be several months.  I'd recommend busying yourself with something else in the meantime.

Edited by sanahtlig

I don't think progress on Sumaga and Seinarukana have anything to do with Shiny Days.  Shiny Days progress is being held up by developer communication ping pong.  From what I gather, all the various projects operate in parallel more or less independently.  It's possible that other titles, particularly Seinarukana, have been delayed to ensure decent QC this time around, but more likely JAST still hasn't resolved the original issue with the LE materials.

As far as Seinarukana goes, from what I can gather, the LE materials production is seriously the only thing holding release back. And I'm also pretty sure Tim mentioning once that it was his responsibility, but he was also super busy with Shiny Days stuff at the time. Who knows what's happening these days, but it really does seem like SD is at least pushing Seinarukana back.