Shiny Days discussion thread

SilverLi

Tim is a project manager.  His main job is to manage and coordinate with other people.  From what I understand, he's not busy with Shiny Days, and since he's not the one actually doing the work he can't make it happen any faster.  He's been personally managing less important tasks like the forum redesign while all of this has been going on, so he's clearly not that busy.  He's stated that while he's been playtesting the builds Overflow sends, most of the time he's stuck waiting on Overflow to provide the next build.  It's not all that surprising that getting Overflow to fix bugs takes longer than verifying that the bugs are actually fixed.

JAST confirmed they're working on it.  The restoration patch won't be out til the general bugfix patch is out.  That'll also be available--eventually.  Might be a week.  Could be a month.  Could be several months.  I'd recommend busying yourself with something else in the meantime.

thanks for at least this update, still have my copy sealed since I wanted to play it with all the routes available from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I poked around and it looks like Overflow wasn't the only party holding the patch up.  JAST appears to be relying on outside contractors to make the patches--contractors whose first priority is not JAST releases.  Thus making the patch means coordinating between two third parties: Overflow and outside contractors, both of which JAST has limited control over.  That's why the patch(es) are taking so long.  The only thing worse than relying on a third party to get something done quickly is relying on TWO third parties, both of which aren't getting paid for the extra work.  Obviously they're going to drag their feet as much as possible because time is money and time spent working on patches is time that could've been spent on higher priority projects (e.g., Kickstarter projects, which report directly to backers and where speed directly affects their ability to get future projects funded). 

Edited by sanahtlig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...