Looking for a good short anime, any thoughts?

MikeY91

Hello guys, sorry for the typical question.

I'm basically looking for a really good short anime with a good plot. I'm talking about something like death note, Attack on Titans, Elfin Lied, etc

I will be showing the anime to my mom XD so far I made her watch Death Note, and we are watching Attack on Titans together, and she is loving both.

So I'm basically looking for anime like that, maybe a mystery/action genre with a really good believable plot. I don't want romance focused anime, but romance could play a small part. Also it would be great if that anime brings lots of feels lol

Finally, (obviously) the anime can't have adult content, it would be extremely bizarre to watch something like Elfin Lied with your mother haha

Anyway, please give me something good !

Thanks

I'd suggest parasyte, if you and your mother don't have anything against alien invaders settings. Strong plot, good feels, a bit of romance (but not romance focused), it's mostly action though and not mystery.

In a different genre, Psycho-pass is more a dystopian sci-fi detective fiction story, and fits well as a mystery/thriller + action anime. Tons of action, some food thoughts for philosophical reflection from time to time, but no romance at all.

I'd say that my first recommendation is closer to Attack on Titan, and my second recommendation closer to Death Note (they are still quite different of course).

Both anime are quite gory, but if you watched AoT, you will probably be fine.

Hello guys, sorry for the typical question.

I'm basically looking for a really good short anime with a good plot. I'm talking about something like death note, Attack on Titans, Elfin Lied, etc

I will be showing the anime to my mom XD so far I made her watch Death Note, and we are watching Attack on Titans together, and she is loving both.

So I'm basically looking for anime like that, maybe a mystery/action genre with a really good believable plot. I don't want romance focused anime, but romance could play a small part. Also it would be great if that anime brings lots of feels lol

Finally, (obviously) the anime can't have adult content, it would be extremely bizarre to watch something like Elfin Lied with your mother haha

Anyway, please give me something good !

Thanks

Really, if she could withstand Death Note's "darkness", I would recommend Psycho Pass - It's a crime drama, kind of the same, but in my opinion much better. Skip season 2, it's trash.  Haven't seen the movie, so no comment.

Fate, I mean, seriously, it's Fate.  You're on a VN community forums, you can't say "recommend me action/mystery" without someone saying Fate.

Shin Sekai Yori - post apocalyptic utopia gone wrong.

If she withstood 37 episodes of Death Note, you *may* consider Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  It's 64 episodes long.

Soul Eater is a possibility. Note that it's 51 episodes.

Darker than Black would probably be another great show.

Buso Renkin may be enjoyable if she likes superhero type shows.   I honestly can't remember how they ended it, which gives me pause for recommendation.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is another entertaining show, and I enjoyed it at least.  Not much mystery in it, but it keeps a high pace of progress the entire show.

For older stuff I am going to have to recommend Trigun.  I can't just not recommend a classic.

• 1 month later...