Recent miko kitsune heroine VN, Tenkiame

bronx819

So a few days ago, as I was scouring the interwebz, I came across this interesting looking VN called Tenkiami. The description on vndb is a bit lacking so I don't know what the story is about, but the two heroines (only two) are miko kitsunes, one pettanko and one kyonyuu.

Here's the link: https://vndb.org/v17337

ZrSGbbQ.png

6vP68eF.png

UUg5Bc7.png

I'm a fan of kitsunes and noticed a lack of VN's with kitsunes as the main heroines, translated ones anyway. I mainly wanted to put this out there in case there were any miko kitsune fans who wanted to try their hand at translating this. I don't know how to check the spript size so I can't say how long it is, if anyones interested then maybe someone can start a project for this? I don't have the time to help since I'm working and training for the military (all I'd be able to do is proofread or edit anyway) but if this gets translated I'd be very happy~

/blog/46/entry-737-tenkiame/#commentsStart">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/blog/46/entry-737-tenkiame/#commentsStart

Already did a comment post on this VN.  It isn't that long, so a translation is possible if you find someone interested.  However, it is unlikely you will find someone interested enough to take it on.

Yours looks so much more appealing than mine ;-; aren't miko kitsunes wonderful?~

That said it isn't very long (10-30 hours on vndb) but at the same time would someone like it enough to put several months to a year's work into this? Maybe once I learn Japanese and I have free time (about a couple years from now) I'll try my hand at this.

Okay, I wanted to respond earlier, but got swamped with work.

I'm glad to see another fan of kitsune and miko outfits~

It just so happens I've actually bought Tenkiame a while ago and I'm loving every second of it. I have to admit, when I came upon the first news about the game, I instantly feel in love with it and couldn't wait for release. The game had that something special - perhaps it was the setting, characters and quality; maybe it was the overall atmosphere (the game is quite similiar to Monobeno in that manner), or a mixture of all of them. At first glance you might think it's no different than any moege, but this game is actually a classic, laidback slice of life romance drama with japanese folklore and supernatural elements. You may argue it's not really that special - and that might be true, as decent the game remains, but it's incredibly good at what it aims to be. Right now I am certain Sun Shower is definately the best August release and possibly, one of the best vn's released in a longer while.

Regarding translation... I was curious myself, therefore I took the game apart. To be honest, Sun Shower really deserves to be translated and I'd be glad to see that happen as well. On the other hand, I'm not really the kind of person, that sits doing nothing; especially, when it's about things I adore. In the end, I decided to give it a try.

And this is the result:

tenkiame_entl_test_001.png

tenkiame_entl_test_002.png

tenkiame_entl_test_003.png

Some screenshots I did during the testing, along with a quick translation.

It didn't took me long to figure it out. Game uses SystemC along with E-mote plugin for the live animations. I'll be honest - Tenkiame would be incredibly easy to translate. The only troublesome thing I found about the game was the data repacking, but I guess nothing's impossible when you're so madly in love with your resident fox girls. So yeah, here you have it. Unfortunately, I don't really feel proficient enough to tackle the translation myself, but I'm willing to help anyone serious enough to start a translation project.

Aside from that, Tenkiame has literally everything I need:

Kitsune + cheerful imouto + sweet older sister + shrine maiden outfits + countryside + folklore

Is this how true happiness looks like? :makina:

• 6 months later...

Been gone for a few months and I missed this o.o that said it'd be great if we could somehow put a team together~ but I don't know any translators that'd be willing to help.

Maybe you can make a thread in the fan translation section and see if anyone would wanna translate with you, or post on 4chan to see if anyone bites the bait. Sadly I don't have many talents that could help with a TL team. At best I could be a proofreader/editor, maybe learn some coding if someone wants to teach me

• 2 months later...

As I wrote before the rollback, Arcadeotic seemed genuinely interested to pick it up, once he's done with Biman and Witch Garden. No 100% guarantee, but hey - it's always better than nothing :makina: I actually had plans to TL a part of common route myself (for a teaser of sorts).

My offer is still valid. That said, if Arca will pick it up, I'll definitely help him.

• 1 month later...

Might as well state right now that my next, sort of hidden project is not Tenkiame, even after showing good amount of interest in it.

Though, I still find the game really good, and this doesn't mean that I won't be tackling it in the future, rather it's more likely than not, but not right away.

Maybe later

• 1 month later...
On 13.07.2016 at 2:01 PM, Okarin said:

Well, why lie, if it gets translated I'll probably play it.

Another kitsune novel, that for me was so-so, is Harvest December:

https://vndb.org/v3644

Whose kitsune heroine seems leagues ahead of the other human, ojou-sama love interest.

I don't like imbalanced love triangles much so I didn't buy it.

It's translated for the Nintendo 3ds btw (whole series in single piece)

cover_medium.jpg

P.S. Tenkiame is great, so bright and cheerful novel (even though I can understand roughly 25% of things but still !).

Tenkiame solution

No idea what's better - the True Remembrance remake for 3DS or Harvest December series :sachi:

On 2016/11/8 at 3:15 AM, old_liquid said:

P.S. Tenkiame is great, so bright and cheerful novel (even though I can understand roughly 25% of things but still !).

I know, right? It so straightforward, but at the same time - I've never had such a blast reading a plain slice of life story since the aforementioned True Remembrance (albeit, there are hints of mystery looming around every corner in that one). I have to admit I put the whole idea of translation aside since Arca's last reply, but every time someone mentions this game, I can't sleep without thinking how fun it would be to bring this game to the english community.

Bug me more. I'll be having a two week paid leave from work now, since it just so happens I could actually try to do a bit more work on the engine and perhaps at least translate the opening. Also, don't forget to badger @Arcadeotic. He's best suited to translate this game and he knows that :holo:

Edited by Narcosis

On 11/8/2016 at 2:52 AM, Narcosis said:

No idea what's better - the True Remembrance remake for 3DS or Harvest December series :sachi:

I know, right? It so straightforward, but at the same time - I've never had such a blast reading a plain slice of life story since the aforementioned True Remembrance (albeit, there are hints of mystery looming around every corner in that one). I have to admit I put the whole idea of translation aside since Arca's last reply, but every time someone mentions this game, I can't sleep without thinking how fun it would be to see this game available to the english community.

Bug me more. I'll be having a two week paid leave from work now, since it just so happens I could actually try to do a bit more work on the engine and perhaps at least translate the opening. Also, don't forget to badger @Arcadeotic. He's best suited to translate this game and he knows that :holo:

Oh dearest @Narcosis -sama and @Arcadeotic -sama, bless the VN english community with this simple yet wonderful kitsune miko VN :sachi:

• 1 year later...

It's been a while, guys and gals.

I don't want to needlessly instigate anyone's hopes, but I'm here to say Tenkiame has been finally picked up for early pre-translation work!

TL&DR Your prayers have been heard :holo:

tenkiame_entl_spreadsheet_01.png

There is no rough estimate as of now and we're not planning to make any for the meanwhile. TL&DR It'll be finished, when it's done™.

We're planning to translate the trial version first. Trial version covers prologue and common route; there are no h-scenes.

We want to keep this as low-key as possible for now. We believe it's better to surprise people with sudden releases, instead of promoting the TL for months, just to unexpectedly drop it afterwards. We'll probably post more info here afterwards; it's high likely we might try to put up some simple website for the project, or at least a dedicated thread on the forums, but those will come with more concrete information.

Cheers~

Edited by Narcosis