Ultimate Anime Recommendation Guide

OriginalRen

Saw this on Imgur and I wanted to make sure I posted it before it went away in a few days. A very long image, but worth it if you ever need to find out an anime you want to watch. The extended version is organized by category in case you don't figure that out right away, so look for the red boxes with bold lettering to find the appropriate section. Enjoy!

Please note the "not worth mentioning" of SAO in the short version. :Kappa:

yPVPj9Q.jpg

this chart looks more of a troll chart. anyone who recommends attack on titans is obviously trying to troll people, you can't watch brotherhood without the first season (you be glad you had), not adding gundam 90s series to the list is a sin, there's no mention of code geass series, and there is NO SLAYERS in the list.

I think you might be the troll...

Brotherhood and FMA overlap for like the first 13 episodes before FMA splits off into an entirely different timeline.

Attack on Titan is a wildly popular show with a large western audience, which makes it a great gateway, regardless of your opinion.

Slayers is in extended along with Code Geass in action adventure down at the bottom right.

Gundam is in bottom left.

the story is different for FMA, you cant feel their pain without watching the first season.

no one like attack on titans period, it has nothing cute, the story is very depressing, and no real action (just death). if any of them were real smart they attack the eye or very least try to build bombs.

that is no excuse for adding the top 20 anime of all time to the bottom.

I find that most of the categories are just tacked on excuses to recommend certain anime and don't really fit any theme.

Stuff like "Foodgasm" or "Swan lake magical girl".

But then again, that's always the problem with these kinds of lists, hence why I never use them.

And also because I don't believe you can objectively separate anime by "epicness" or any other "greatness" factor, that will always be subjective.

I find that most of the categories are just tacked on excuses to recommend certain anime and don't really fit any theme.

Stuff like "Foodgasm" or "Swan lake magical girl".

But then again, that's always the problem with these kinds of lists, hence why I never use them.

And also because I don't believe you can objectively separate anime by "epicness" or any other "greatness" factor, that will always be subjective.

There's a lot of things this list misses - Chobits, Rune soldier Louie, Those who Hunt Elves, Astarotte's Toy, Samurai 7, Gundam, Patlabor, Quiet Country Cafe etc. etc. Author left out a lot of masterpiece series as well. List is clearly biased. Not saying it's useless, but calling it ultimate is a bit of an overstretch.

>Cross Ange as a recommendation

facepalm.png

Oh, I've seen that chart a few weeks ago I think.

It's shit and I have no idea why you'd need that kind of ridiculously detailed chart to find anime. Going into that much detail is bound to give stupid errors because fiction can't get so conveniently broken down into small genres, tropes and characteristics. That's also my answer to why TVTropes sucks btw.