PS Vita

Eclipsed

• 3 weeks later...

The vita is an awesome platform. Really had a lot of potential until sony decided to pretend it never existed in the first place, which is kind of a big "fuck you" to vita owners including myself.

And why the fuck did they think that disabling the youtube app altogether was a good idea? 

• Eclipsed pinned and unpinned this topic

Which new Vita releases are you looking forward to?

Personally, only Superbeat Xonic for me right now. Not ALL that hyped for it either, and I have many games I'd buy before that (Danganronpa AE, Corpse Party 1, Wipeout 2048 for example). Still looks pretty great, but can't really save up $40 for it. I'll buy Another Episode at a sale ($40 waaaaay too expensive IMHO) and then probably WipEout 2048. Loved the W2048 demo.

• 4 weeks later...

So after a couple of years (2 months) of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 + 2  (still have 3 left!@#) + Hyperdevotion Noire + U: Action Unleashed along with a one week stand for Corpse Party: Blood Drive and messing around with ARK to play KH: Birth by Sleep, FFVII: Crisis Core, Dissidia and whatnot on my Vita,

I have graduated and am ready to move onto a more reputable rpg series, the Atelier series, starting with Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (cuz it's on sale and I'll just have to wait n' pray for the Arland series to be on sale some day)

Someday will get to P4G

And finally need to grab 9 9 9 on my 3DS so I can play Virtue's Last Reward

Ah, well, since this topic is on the PS Vita in general, I'll throw in a question I am in need of an answer for. Will there be any releases that are worth it for the Vita next year in 2016, or just future releases to the west in the future? Because I've been watching what Nintendo has for the 3DS, but I'm really considering buying the Vita for a few games that you can only play on the Vita, but Nintendo is really draining my pouch of money right now. Thoughts on future Vita games? 

There actually IS a reason to upgrade to Slim now, and that is the fact that apparently Sony discontinued the first party power cables for Vita 1000's proprietary cable format. Slim uses Micro USB instead.

But this only accounts to the PS Vita 1000, correct? Or is it for the other versions of the Vita excluding the slim? 

Ah, well, since this topic is on the PS Vita in general, I'll throw in a question I am in need of an answer for. Will there be any releases that are worth it for the Vita next year in 2016, or just future releases to the west in the future? Because I've been watching what Nintendo has for the 3DS, but I'm really considering buying the Vita for a few games that you can only play on the Vita, but Nintendo is really draining my pouch of money right now. Thoughts on future Vita games? 

It kinda depends on what kind of games you like. If you like JRPGs and the like, totally. If you don't, then not really.

Just look through this and make your own conclusions: http://i.imgur.com/iAXpm1n.jpg 

Most of the new stuff coming out is japanese games, and I don't see that stopping in a while. In fact it feels like there's more of them coming out every year, so I'm not too worried about the future of vita for next few years. 

It kinda depends on what kind of games you like. If you like JRPGs and the like, totally. If you don't, then not really.

Just look through this and make your own conclusions: http://i.imgur.com/iAXpm1n.jpg 

Most of the new stuff coming out is japanese games, and I don't see that stopping in a while. In fact it feels like there's more of them coming out every year, so I'm not too worried about the future of vita for next few years. 

Oh, that's a nice compilation for next year's games then! Thank you! And I do like JRPGs, so the selections actually looks appealing to me, so I guess I'll be placing the Vita on my to-buy list. 

• 3 weeks later...

So my Vita's like 3 months old now and I'm starting to have a huge backlog since I'm just buying games that go on sale, at least Winter Break is coming up :sachi:

I pretty much only played all the Nep games, Corpse Party, and currently Atelier Ayesha, i know, i know, shit taste, gg me.

vWKl6UG.jpg (960×544)

k3uXZjC.jpg (960×544)

XaxWQTr.jpg (960×544)

Misc. Trivia
  • I have P4G... on my computer. Deleted it from the Vita to make room, cuz lol 64GB mem card still not enough, but it was previously sitting on page 1 bottom right where Settings is now 
  • May get the actual Dungeon Travelers 2, it's on sale right now for ~$30, though very hesitant cuz don't know if it'll have a bigger sale later on down the road
  • Don't even know why I got the XBlaze VNs, but that means they are the first VNs I've ever...purchased. o_0
  • I somehow didn't buy Muramasa Rebirth when it was $10 two weeks ago, I thought I did, fk me.
  • Apparently Amnesia: Memories is an otome game, LOL

Wow, all that Nep-Nep!
But it's a pretty solid library, I can vouch for almost all of those games. Vita has so many fun games!

I liked the first XBlaze VN. It's not amazing, but it has pretty impressive visuals and it's quite entertaining.

Out of curiosity I actually compiled a list of all the Vita games I have, feel free to judge my tastes. (And my dedication)
Bolded titles are games I can wholeheartedly recommend, the ones I loved the most, if anyone is curious. 

Dungeon Travelers 2
Demon Gaze
Operation Abyss: New Tokoy Legacy

XBLAZE CODE: EMBRYO
Virtue's Last Reward
Corpse Party BloodDrive
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2

Ar nosurge Plus
Atelier Totori Plus
Atelier Rorona Plus
Atelier Ayesha Plus

Persona 4 Golden
Trails of Hearts R
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
CRIMINAL GIRLS: Invite Only
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Disgaea 4: Promise Revisited
Extetra 

La-Mulana EX
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon's Crown

SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS
SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit!

Ys: Memories of Celceta
Gravity Rush
Freedom Wars
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Malicious Rebirth
Deception IV: Bloodties
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God 
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

And all The PSP-games I've bought for my Vita:

Brandish: The Dark Revenant
Riviera: The Promised Land
Generation of Chaos: P.R.
FATE/EXTRA
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Ys SEVEN
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

• 1 month later...

I have some questions about remote play with PS3.

1) Is Remote Play always done over Wi-Fi? Is there a way to directly connect the PS3 and Vita if I'll be using it in the same room as the PS3?

2) Is it possible to display a PS3's output on a laptop monitor? How do I go about doing this?

Also Eclipsed, you're at DR2 already? Sweet.

6 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

I have some questions about remote play with PS3.

1) Is Remote Play always done over Wi-Fi? Is there a way to directly connect the PS3 and Vita if I'll be using it in the same room as the PS3?

2) Is it possible to display a PS3's output on a laptop monitor? How do I go about doing this?

Also Eclipsed, you're at DR2 already? Sweet.

*shrug* @ 1 & 2 :P

Ye I finished DR1, clocked in about 21 hours, maybe will spend some extra time to farm coins to unlock shit and check out School Mode

Btw how does DR: Another Episode play into the series? I heard it takes place after 1 but before 2, BUT it has spoilers to 2

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

*shrug* @ 1 & 2 :P

Ye I finished DR1, clocked in about 21 hours, maybe will spend some extra time to farm coins to unlock shit and check out School Mode

Btw how does DR: Another Episode play into the series? I heard it takes place after 1 but before 2, BUT it has spoilers to 2

AE does explain some stuff from DR2, better to go into DR2 before AE. 

It takes place between DR1 and DR2 indeed, but the thing is, it's SHIT.

Like, really bad. The story just doesn't really go anywhere and except for a few great moments (most of which, again, mostly relates to the mainline games), the highest points it hits is pretty much cheesy-ass dialogue like "Sometimes you have to take the painful path in life" and there's so much of it, it's cringeworthy.

The gameplay is somewhat fun but very clunky, quite repetitive as well. The graphics range from horrendous (wall textures early in the game) to pretty great (some colorful locales midgame to endgame).

Unless DR3 or NDRV3 redeems it, don't pick it up for more than $15-20 (got it for $24 myself).

DR2 is one of my favorite games (#3 after 999 and VLR), I hope you enjoy it!

edit:

the game does have some good things

1) Still pretty bad, but it's pretty incredible how well the game salvages Fukawa from the mess she was in DR1

2) Komaru is somewhat likable

3) It's the darkest Danganronpa in many ways, which is a very welcome change.

Though the main villains are also shit, keep that in mind.

The game's also real short, around 15hrs I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use a grip thingymabo with their Vita? I'm thinking of getting something like http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Grip-Vita-PCH-2000-playstation/dp/B00G9X4YRM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1454111829&sr=1-1&keywords=nyko+power+grip+vita

Seems to be the most recommended, also has its own battery so you can theoretically get longer playtimes on the go

• 2 months later...