So I finally decided to watch Attack on Titan

Mugi

Yesterday, I decided to take a small break and watch something other than Umaru and Gintama, and it came to my attention that I still hadn't watched Attack on Titan yet, assuming it would just be a repeat of the anime for SAO, which (in my opinion) was overhyped garbage, but I said fuck it and gave it a try. Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually pretty interesting, all the characters might as well have had red flags on them, but it was interesting. I still don't think that it's one of the greatest anime of all time, like a lot of people do, but it's certainly one of the better series to come out in recent years. And that soundtrack..I don't think Hiroyuki Sawano could disappoint me even if he tried.

If anyone knows what the name of the song is whenever Eren transforms and the huge flash of lightning comes down, specifically at the very end when he's impaled, please let me know

In my opinion, Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the best anime of the last five years. The biggest downside, as mentioned by Soulless Watcher, is that many (or all) of the characters aren't that likeable or relatable to an average person, but that may be an almost inevitable consequence of the setting and circumstances. It tells the kind of story about hardship, war and loss that we don't often get to see up close. Within the first few episodes we learn that in the Attack on Titan world, lives are cheap, and even struggling or doing your best often amounts to nothing.

Living the type of cushy life where our biggest worries are things like being pressured at work and school or fumbling through our imperfect relationships, it's easy to forget that many people in our world face the type of life-or-death struggle to survive that Attack on Titan portrays. The current real-world refugee crisis is an example. This story is valuable as a reminder to be grateful for what we have.

I had a hard time "enjoying" the story because of how authentic it was in its portrayal of suffering and death. It's certainly not in the category of anime that I like to watch over and over for relaxation and entertainment. But I'm glad I watched it once.

I think all the characters are likable because they are like normal people, they are not in any way super heroes, all of them have big flaws (except for levi lol)

The biggest point of the manga and anime is what you dont like mjriedstra :P

Levi is batman! Overall SnK is game of thrones with titans instead of white walkers and without sex, manga is pretty good too (even thou i find last 3 chapters boring)

• 1 month later...

I think all the characters are likable because they are like normal people, they are not in any way super heroes, all of them have big flaws (except for levi lol)

The biggest point of the manga and anime is what you dont like mjriedstra :P

Levi is batman! Overall SnK is game of thrones with titans instead of white walkers and without sex, manga is pretty good too (even thou i find last 3 chapters boring)

levi = overrated, fight me  

I love Levi. But other than him I found all the other characters unlikable and I cared not when some of them died. Eren's a crybaby, tbh. And while I didn't expect Annie to be the FT, It wasn't like an OMG plot twist. It was like a wtf? They never foreshadowed it. There was no logical explanation for Annie to have become a titan. P.S. WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING BASEMENT!?!?!

I love Levi. But other than him I found all the other characters unlikable and I cared not when some of them died. Eren's a crybaby, tbh. And while I didn't expect Annie to be the FT, It wasn't like an OMG plot twist. It was like a wtf? They never foreshadowed it. There was no logical explanation for Annie to have become a titan. P.S. WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING BASEMENT!?!?!

Are you reading a manga? The fight for that basement is currently happening. And i doubt we will see it in second anime season, becase too much stuff happened.

Are you reading a manga? The fight for that basement is currently happening. And i doubt we will see it in second anime season, becase too much stuff happened.

I've never been a big manga reader.