Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort Discussion Thread

TexasDice

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite heroine?

2. 2. Favorite route?

This poll is closed to new votes

There's no way to change the resolution from 1280:720 / 16:9, is there?

Only upscaling, no resolution change sadly. No idea why all visual novels have to have such tiny resolutions, maybe Japan is living in the eighteen hundreds.

I think I've become more critical of visual novels lately, I have a hard time enjoying this and I have enjoyed reading far shittier visual novels. The conflict in Umi's route got me so annoyed I couldn't really take it seriously anymore. Why does it always have to be some shitty small bullshit problem that is the end of the world, if you're going to give me something unrealistic then make it unrealistic and not some sort of middle ground that only is believable if the characters are eight years old.

I didn't have any issues with Umi's route, and Riho's route was okay too...there wasn't any resolution to their problem until afterwards...kinda...but still, wasn't bad.

I'm pretty easy to please though, as long as it keeps me distracted and entertained, I'm god. Really, my only issue is the lack of choices and the MC is too freaking wishy-washy. But Sango & Shiori were golden with the banter and sudden appearance out of nowhere (stealth mode).

As for the resolution, I actually wanted to make it a bit smaller/window smaller since I'm playing this on a 15" laptop screen and it takes up everything, while in English, it's not a problem, playing the other appends & fandsics make it harder to see the TA with the rest of the game though...

Just got past the OP, and I decided I'm going to do Umi's route first.  Usually do the main heroine's route first, and I'm sorry, but Umi is so goddamn adorable I can't help it.  It probably doesn't hurt that she's the character I've had the most exposure to as well, but whatever.

Say what you want about Pulltop, they have a lot of nice options in their VNs.  I set it up so I can open the config by "gesturing" left and minimize by "gesturing" to the left, with saving and loading mapped to up and down respectively.  Minimizing also kills the sound entirely, so I don't have to mute it if I wander off to do something else and don't want someone checking on the music coming out of my headphones.  I really like the gesture system, it's nice and customizable  <3

Just got past the OP, and I decided I'm going to do Umi's route first.  Usually do the main heroine's route first, and I'm sorry, but Umi is so goddamn adorable I can't help it.  It probably doesn't hurt that she's the character I've had the most exposure to as well, but whatever.

Say what you want about Pulltop, they have a lot of nice options in their VNs.  I set it up so I can open the config by "gesturing" left and minimize by "gesturing" to the left, with saving and loading mapped to up and down respectively.  Minimizing also kills the sound entirely, so I don't have to mute it if I wander off to do something else and don't want someone checking on the music coming out of my headphones.  I really like the gesture system, it's nice and customizable  <3

I personally love the user interface. I never fell in love with config menu since Majikoi. It's so user friendly. Also OMG SCENE JUMP OPTION!!! This should be mandatory on all visual novels past 2010 seriously. lol

Finished the common route for the first time last night.

So far I'm having a good time, it's not a great vn but it's serviceable. The pacing is somewhat lacking, I felt like the CR should've been a little longer with the protagonist spending a little more time alone with each heroine.

The setting is fantastic, it's great to have a vn set somewhere new and the backgrounds are gorgeous. The music has done a good job of adding to the immersion though I'll admit I haven't paid too much attention to the music, so it might get repetitive over time. 

The characters are pretty good, Sango and Shiori are a ton of fun, Umi is cute and the others are good, but the lack of decent screen-time is holding them back from leaving a lasting impression. The protagonist is also pretty good at this point and I find his reactions to be pretty realistic.

Umi is so goddamn adorable I can't help it.  

Whilst I would agree with you there, I would argue that one of the primary reasons for her cuteness is because of how her personality and dialogue match up with the protagonists.

And while we're talking about the User Interface; is this vn lagging for anyone? Seems every time the character sprites change the vn starts lagging and I could read Journey to the West in the time it takes for the Log to open up.

And while we're talking about the User Interface; is this vn lagging for anyone? Seems every time the character sprites change the vn starts lagging and I could read Journey to the West in the time it takes for the Log to open up.

The lagging is an issue I haven't come across yet. Are you running an older computer? I'll test it on my laptop when I get home in 2 hours, but I'm almost certain it's because you are running old hardware.

VN's aren't always something that everything can run. When my laptop attempted Majikoi, it lagged due to the effects, but it didn't do it with sprites at all.

No problems on my desktop computer but lags a little during changing of backgrounds on my laptop. I guess it's more like a computer/processor issue of some sort. 

I've come across a little lag, and I have a gaming desktop, so I dunno what's up with that.  I'd get a bit of lag in Princess Evangile whenever they'd have leaves drift across the screen, but I can also play current gen games at pretty good settings.  That leads me to believe that it's something to do with the VNs themselves.

My tablet's so weak that it lags just by displaying the text  :sleep: but it's still a blast reading on it since the resolution is perfect so I can Full Screen w/o any scaling :kosame:

Lap Lap didn't run into any issue afaik, though I will second Zeno's "gaming rig lags just when displaying leaves drifting across screen in PE effect"

~~

I need to finish HN Re;1 quick so I can finally get back to reading this  :ph34r:

About how long is this? Assuming I read all the routes. VNDB says 10-30 hours, but that doesn't really tell me much. There's a pretty big difference between 10 hours and 30 hours. Also, should I look up a guide to get good ends? Or are they easy to get?

may be im late at joining this discussion (i only played it yesterday after finishing chiru chiru michiru part 1 and moero downhill night 2)

why it is the i keep choosing choices for Umi? am i attach to her or am i guilty of choosing other person because it will look like im hitting other girls while i have a girlfriend?

also the ost is good and the background is good, not to mention the sprites and CG

cant wait for why it is called grisaia no last resort...........

reading at least 1hr a day

Main heroine syndrome. I have it too but my favorite girl in the series is Riho. Nympho star-loving ojousama for the freaking win.

But yeah Umi almost has that Osananajimi vibe since she's known Soutarou the longest and she seems to display love interest/jealousy in all of the other girl's routes.

Aight i finished that stupid Hyper Re;B1 game so now I can start reading this again( :Kappa:? :Kappa:)

why it is the i keep choosing choices for Umi? am i attach to her or am i guilty of choosing other person because it will look like im hitting other girls while i have a girlfriend?

No no no, you betta not be pickin' Umi cause of guilt! It should be 'cos she's best grill!@#

Main heroine syndrome. I have it too but my favorite girl in the series is Riho. Nympho star-loving ojousama for the freaking win.

But yeah Umi almost has that Osananajimi vibe since she's known Soutarou the longest and she seems to display love interest/jealousy in all of the other girl's routes.

Yeah, going through the other routes was rough in that way, lol...I found myself silently apologizing to her all the time. :sachi: