What's going on with Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2?

Mkilbride

In a bizarre turn of events, Peter Payne, head of J-List and JAST USA, has said that he's translating Seinarukana himself.

There will be no censorship of the game whatsoever. And I'm happy to say the Steam version has extensive additional content, routes and scenarios and even some new characters. It's so extensive I've been staying at work til 1 am every night translating it.

Source

I didn't even know that Peter Payne is working as a translator too. Has he also done that job in earlier times or is this just out of desperation because there was nobody else? Why am I always getting worry lines on my forehead when I hear news from Jast?!

So the non-Steam adult version doesn't get this additional content I guess? Kind of sucks - I hate it if there's no complete version and I have to decide between missing content 1 and 2. :komari:

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

So the non-Steam adult version doesn't get this additional content I guess? Kind of sucks - I hate it if there's no complete version and I have to decide between missing content 1 and 2. :komari:

order both - case closed.

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

JAST has traditionally offered Steam keys with the boxed version.  That's probably not subject to the stolen credit card problem that MangaGamer experienced.

So if I buy the boxed adult version of Seinarukana, I get the Steam version with the extra content too? That doesn't sound too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing the Steam forums for Littlewitch Romanesque and it seems JAST, J-List, or both provide free Steam keys with the DL version of Littlewitch Romanesque (source).  Given MangaGamer's recent payment processor issues related to credit card fraud involving Steam keys provided with direct download versions, this puts JAST / J-List at risk for fraud.  They may not have noticed yet since J-List is a large retailer and they're only selling one game with Steam keys.  That'll change soon with all these Steam releases on the horizon.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, and I'd already posted about it in VNDB. What I thinking right now is that should I changed the release date in VNDB to 2016 and when should I opened Seinarukana discussion in here lol.

Anyway, this is obviously very good news, since Golden Master mean that the release date almost close, and here finally we got Seinarukana translated, after 2 translator disappear when working on this project. Oh, I will talk more in discussion page later. And last thing, I think the longest time between Golden Master announcement and release date for JAST product was almost 3 months (Demonbane), so I think at very late we'll get it around June (Of course the best outcome was Seinarukana release faster than 3 months, okay).

See you all later in Seinarukana discussion page.

• 5 weeks later...

Typo aside, I think this is definitely good news, even though I'd find it late. I think it's probably mean that Seinarukana was about to be released here, because JAST finally duplicate it to be shipping worldwide. Well, hopefully it will be released in this end year at very latest (Better be wary about release time if we talk about JAST here).

Generally being sent to the duplicator requires they still need to be shipped and then wait in line. Peter has said previously that their duplicator does not just deal with them but with a number of other companies as well. They likely just had to wait in line. In the event that nothing goes wrong with the duplicators (like them packing the game in the wrong case...which has legitimately happened to them before) I think we can expect to see Seinarukana shipping either the first or second week of May. JAST is going to want to have a few new games to sell at the upcoming conventions and since Sonico is expected to be going golden master in May/June it stands to reason we'll get Seinarukana before that. Let's hope nothing goes wrong and that their release is both advertised well and has no game breaking bugs upon release.

Has anyone else who preordered this received an email from the USPS telling them Jlist is shipping something to them?  I didn't get any notice from Jlist themselves and I haven't heard anything about a release date even, but this is the only thing I have on order with them.  They might actually be shipping already.  Tracking number isn't active yet though, I'll check later today and see if there's any more info.