What's going on with Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2?

Mkilbride

1 hour ago, kyrt said:

The one exception with Seinarukana is that it does have a lot of gameplay so a little pricier would probably still work all Jast has to do is do a 50 percent off sale for pre-ordering the game. This gets people to try the game out at a cheaper price and tell their friends if they like it who may buy it at the more expensive price after the initial pre-orders. It's this price scheme that has made hyperdimension games sell well because people got to spread the word about them. 

Play on the idea that the game is on sale to pre-orderers, use those people to spread word about the game, after game releases keep game discounted (not 50% maybe 20 percent off) for about a week or two and then boost the price back up until a big sale. It works for other games and I'm sure it could work with Seinarukana as well. 

I've never heard of a 50% discount for pre-orders in the professional VN business.  The current strategy is to charge pre-order customers more, not less.  Keep in mind, it's not just JAST you have to convince.  The JP companies have to be on board also.  My guess is that JAST struggled to get even Littlewitch Romanesque down to a $25 price point, and it still didn't do all that spectacularly.

I was comparing the price point of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games which sold for 30 dollars but people who pre-ordered the games got them for 15. Since Seinarukana does have gameplay it's draw and focus should be explaining the game mechanics. Convince people the gameplay is enjoyable and then they will find out the story and characters are as well. The price point is not something I've ever seen done with visual novels before and while I don't expect Jast to get the pre-order price down quite that low the idea behind it stands. Or at least this idea would if it were not for the fact Jast usually bundles a steam copy of the game with it's physical releases which could also help spread the word...yeah I forgot about this little point.

Latest update says Aselia is getting a steam release, too: http://follow.jastusa.com/post/138072849576/game-progress-update-jan-26rd

Or at least, they're putting it onto Greenlight. Honestly, that's something they should have done as soon as Greenlight went live in 2013, lol. Seinarukana isn't going onto Greenlight, so I'm assuming Aselia has to due to it being denied by steam reps years ago pre-greenlight.

23 minutes ago, XReaper said:

seems noone really bothered reading aroducs latest posting, so yeah, here it is & enjoy, or probably not.

http://tenka.seiha.org/2016/01/its-good-to-be-the-overlord/

Huh.  So JAST is actually porting content from the PSP version to the Steam release.  The CG will probably look out of place though due to the low resolution.

That's kind of telling that Aroduc refused to translate the extra content.  His relationship with JAST must've really soured.

12 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Looks like Seinarukana is coming soon too.

they got a website up finally yay: http://seinarukana.com/

It also seems as if pre-orders will be going up soon-ish as well since the website is uploading and they have a link on the website. The limited edition is pretty meh though so far.

They... lifted that synopsis on the official site from my blog post.  Um, lol.   Do I get a spot in the credits?

@sanahtlig Yes they used the synopsis from your blog. Here's the credit from their site and to be honest I kind laughing inside reading the credit.

"Thank-you to sanahtlig.blogspot.com for letting us use their synopsis."

From Seinarukana Official Website

Looks like they added the credit after you said that they copied it from your site lol. Although the trailer was looking good I think.

Ok for serious comment, since they add pre order in their site (Come to think of it, Flower site didn't had pre order page), guess finally they almost finalized Seinarukana release? Anyway, this actually could be a good news and this time hopefully JAST won't need to delay Seinarukana release, since they delayed enough since 2012. For my comment, I think I could only comment the red haired girl (Satsuki) had quite nice look, but her seiyuu almost didn't had any role in translated VN. As for the review, there is no english review of this game (Actually there was, but too bad right not it was deleted along with the blog. Quite good review if you ask me). My hope was that hopefully Seinarukana will be released this year.

I think I could only comment a little for now. As a bonus (and hopefully JAST understand what's the meaning to show gameplay trailer), here's the video from youtube showing how MC (Nozomu), Satsuki, and spear user (MC childhood friend Nozomi) battling the enemy, thanks to the youtube user steparu. Here's the video and that's all I could comment for now.

The game is available for pre-order on J-List but it's in an infant stage at the moment. I mean really they have two paragraphs of features which are identical. I can understand why they might be excited for it but they should check over the work before the post it lol. No word on a Limited Edition version at the moment.

5 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

This game came out before Eternal was formed, right?
So does this mean the battle system in this one is even worse than Yumina? That would be... oh my god... is this even possible?

The battle system in Seinarukana is simpler and therefore doesn't drag like Yumina's.  You can't change skills during battle so battles are much quicker and don't require so much micromanagement.  The system is essentially a refined version of Aselia's with a greater variety of skills, giving each unit type more versatility.  Also unlike Aselia, the majority of the units in your squad are hero types from the story rather than faceless soldiers.

I just read this post in the aselia greenlight forums...interesting if actually true. My guess is that it will be dependent on how well it sells. 

JAST USA  [developer] Jan 27 @ 7:56pm 
Yes, the Steam version is of course the non-H version. We'll be talking about the idea of releasing a patch for Aselia after we release Seinarukana.