What's going on with Seinarukana - The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2?

Mkilbride

But "fall" isn't a specific date at all and is actually really vague, and there are still like 10 weeks left in the season. Nothing was "removed" btw, since it was never put up for pre-order to begin with.

edit: The way you worded it made it sound like JAST announced a release date and then pulled the rug out from under everyone when that isn't what happened at all. That's what happened with Shiny Days...

Ok, it was a misunderstand. JAST said in one of his post that this fall they were going to release shiny days, seinarukana 2 and other games. I mean, they didnt gave us any date of release, my bad.

But im pretty sure that they announced those 2 games and even more to be released on USA´S fall ( September-October-November-December ), so it would be obvious to wait for them before the change of season.

I think the plan was to release Shiny Days in August, Seinarukana in September and probably one or two additional games during Fall. But they messed up and got delayed when the new site took way too much time and resources. Hopefully we could see an update in a week or two about the game when everything about Shiny Days is cooling down with all the shipping and patches. A November release of Seinarukana is maybe a bit optimistic but that's my guess.

• 1 month later...

Well this even wont get a release this year as it seems. Didnt Jast also promise to release Sumaga in 2015 or am i wrong here?

Seinarukana —> Finalizing materials, preparing websites. QA checking.

Sumaga —> Translation done, editing.

Oh boy :salt:

Edited by Crayten

I don't think there were ever any concrete official projections regarding Sumaga.  JAST's boasted that it had a fast-paced release schedule projected for the year, and that's more or less been true, even if they didn't manage to release 8 games like they'd planned.

Seinarukana was definitely supposed to get released this year.  Not sure what's been holding it up so long.

Sonicomi and Flowers were also supposed to be released this year.  One of them might get released in December?

With the disaster that was Shiny Days' release, not sure pestering them to work faster is even a good idea.

Edited by sanahtlig

• 3 weeks later...

Is seems like a lot of people here can't tell a difference between "we expect to release title around X date" and "we will release a title on x date" and then hate on JAST because of their own misunderstanding.

I just hope we still get that option to turn off H-scenes that was promised to us when a title does get released.

Is seems like a lot of people here can't tell a difference between "we expect to release title around X date" and "we will release a title on x date" and then hate on JAST because of their own misunderstanding.

I just hope we still get that option to turn off H-scenes that was promised to us when a title does get released.

You can't blame people for panicking when they have no info whatsoever on when to expect this game now. As for the H-scenes, if what Anduin hopes for is true, it will most certainly have that option (and be forced in steam). I, myself, don't care either way. I just hope story isn't packed into those H-scenes because I skip them often.

You can't blame people for panicking when they have no info whatsoever on when to expect this game now. As for the H-scenes, if what Anduin hopes for is true, it will most certainly have that option (and be forced in steam). I, myself, don't care either way. I just hope story isn't packed into those H-scenes because I skip them often.

It was always a norm for VN translation to not really have a specific date of release until really close to release, in fact just few years back when VN fan-base relaid more on fan translation not only did we not have specific dates of release we never even knew if we will even get a VN at all. After like 3-4 years or so of w8ing for it we now know that we will be getting it sometime soon, I think that is good enough.

Most likely there will just be an all-ages version and possibly the 18+ content not be released on the west. I didn't like the way Aselia was handled, because the evil route was a rather interesting one....

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It was always a norm for VN translation to not really have a specific date of release until really close to release, in fact just few years back when VN fan-base relaid more on fan translation not only did we not have specific dates of release we never even knew if we will even get a VN at all. After like 3-4 years or so of w8ing for it we now know that we will be getting it sometime soon, I think that is good enough.

Except this one has known to be fully translated for a while now... twice, actually, but that's beside the point. Anyway, I myself am also just glad that it's coming out soon. The date doesn't really bother me personally, since I haven't got the time to play it nowadays anyway. What I'm saying is you can't really expect everyone to react this way. Actually, I'm surprised at how tame people are.

Most likely there will just be an all-ages version and possibly the 18+ content not be released on the west. I didn't like the way Aselia was handled, because the evil route was a rather interesting one....

Oh god don't even remind me of that. The thought that I'll never be able to play that route haunts me to this day.

Oh god don't even remind me of that. The thought that I'll never be able to play that route haunts me to this day.

My loli tentacle rape scenes censored. My life is incomplete. :( 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Honestly I would be very glad if that was a case but I doubt it will be as from the very beginning they stated that it is going to be 18+ but will have an option to turn of H-scenes and as far as I know even steam version is only a guess of a fans. As for Aselia I like it very much how it was handled and I don't think that I would enjoy a VN nowhere near as I do now if it was an 18+ version and from what I hear an "evil" route is noting but a bunch of rape H-scenes and trowing it out was only logical if you make a version without H-scenes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As it seem they gonna bring it to Steam next to the physical release (and the 18+ version in their onlineshop?)

Seinarukana 
Dec 3rd - Finalizing materials, preparing websites. QA checking.
Dec 23rd - Waiting for LE prototypes, finalizing printed materials
Jan 18th - Packaging design, making steam page

http://follow.jastusa.com/post/128544859416/progresslog

Still its kinda odd that there is no official announcement for it.

35 minutes ago, Crayten said:

As it seem they gonna bring it to Steam next to the physical release (and the 18+ version in their onlineshop?)

So they're actually putting this on Steam.  That's good news!  I'll probably make an effort to actually promote this then once pre-orders open and the Steam page is up.  This could be the title that gets JAST some real exposure outside the established VN fanbase.  Seinarukana is exactly the type of hybrid VN-RPG that should do well on Steam.

I had a feeling the reason Seinarukana was taking so long was because of their intent to try and get it on Steam I am actually quite accepting of the delay (so long as we get the full 18+ version as well). Packaging design makes me hopeful that an announcement for this will come out in February and we'll be able to get the game a month later. This is the number one vn that Jast currently has said they are releasing that I have an interest in. Looking forward to finally picking it up. It is also nice that they seem to have listened to the vn fanbase who was telling them to get it onto steam...now if they can just have a successful marketing campaign and have the game sold for a reasonable price then this might actually show Jast that gameplay games are good money makers both in and out of steam and perhaps they will try to get more of them in the future. I would love more Will games for example. 

This does make me curious if the reason a lot of the games they announce are taking longer is because they might be trying steam with some of them. Sonico is going to steam for example and seinarukana and most likely Flowers so this could be a good thing for Jast. Hell maybe they can hire more people to get games better coded and released quicker....I can only hope.

Like others have said though this is odd that there is no announcement I can't help but feel they really need to hire someone to work on their public relations. I imagine they are now waiting to put games up for upcoming release until they are in fact golden simply because of previous releases. I know many people were/are not happy with Shiny Days so the real question is will people take a chance on this game? Jast needs to be extremely careful and ready with the Seinarukana release. They need to go over the game with precision and stomp out any bugs. If anything bad/glitchy like shiny days happens for this release then Jast will receive an awful rep on Steam. I do think it will be a success for them though if they do manage to stomp out all bugs and make the game as perfect as possible. Here's hoping Jast doesn't fuck this up. This determines if I ever pre-order a game from Jast again so hopefully they don't.

Bringing Seinarukana to Steam is a really good move from Jast. Especially considering that gameplay titles seem to be quite expensive ports according to what Peter Payne said once about Yumina. This will certainly help to finance the title and (hopefully) show that gameplay titles can sell well in the west. And maybe someday, we can see Eushully titles getting licensed.

Apparently Hunipop did sell pretty good on Steam so Seinarukana should have good chances too, even if the titles might be too different in nature to be really comparable. I think this will the first full fledged VN gameplay hybrid on Steam so it should be very interesting to see how well it'll be received. Since Steam is all about gameplay, this should be more in line with what people expect from a title released on that platform.

Considering Jast's not exactly great history with quality assurance, I wonder if it might be a good idea to release the adult version first, fix all bugs that are reported and then release a bug free all ages version on Steam afterwards. Though it might backfire if dissapointed customers of the non-Steam adult version start bashing the title as soon as it's released on Steam and crippling Steam rating and sales in the process.

2 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Though it might backfire if dissapointed customers of the non-Steam adult version start bashing the title as soon as it's released on Steam and crippling Steam rating and sales in the process.

Considering that customers were oblivious to the flaws of Kagura Douchuuki (the English in the promotional materials on the store page was literally machine-translated), I find this an unlikely scenario.  Steam customers seem the opposite of picky.  All they care about is price.  Not even value.  Just price.

If JAST prices the game above $20 (which they almost certainly will), it probably won't do very well on Steam without heavy marketing and promotion.  $10-$15 is about what curious users there are willing to pay for a game/company they've never heard of.  That's why games like Sakura Spirit sell and much better VNs don't so much.

The one exception with Seinarukana is that it does have a lot of gameplay so a little pricier would probably still work all Jast has to do is do a 50 percent off sale for pre-ordering the game. This gets people to try the game out at a cheaper price and tell their friends if they like it who may buy it at the more expensive price after the initial pre-orders. It's this price scheme that has made hyperdimension games sell well because people got to spread the word about them. 

Play on the idea that the game is on sale to pre-orderers, use those people to spread word about the game, after game releases keep game discounted (not 50% maybe 20 percent off) for about a week or two and then boost the price back up until a big sale. It works for other games and I'm sure it could work with Seinarukana as well.