[DEV.DEMO Released] Lost Winter Nights ~ English Visual Novel by Lekasoft Studio

Nahilys

772597Untitled20001.gif

Hello everyone,

I am Nahilys, leader of Lekasoft Studio and I am very pleased to introduce a revamped look for our first game Lost Winter Nights.

We are currently working on a 1st demo to be release to the public this summer. It will feature the whole Introductory Chapter of the game with one up to three poses with several expressions for each appearing characters. as well as half a dozen of original soundtracks and around forteen orignal unique backgrounds. We also plan to include a few CG for it.

- GUI SNEAK PEEK -

- THE TEAM-

Nahilys : Project Lead, Original Idea, Scenario.

Dave Burns : Scenario, Script Writing. (https://twitter.com/AceOfSpades_VN)

Kia : Graphic Designer, Animator, Lead Programmer.

Vaatry : Character Design, Sprites & CG Artist. (http://vaatry.deviantart.com/)

Alexis Ril : Demo Backgrounds Artist. (http://anirhapsodist.deviantart.com/)

Mock Off : Composer (https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207)

Grey : Assistant Programmer

- THE GAME -

Language : English

Genres : Romance, Psychological, Drama, Thriller

Rating : 18+ (Sex, Blood, Strong sujbects).

All ages version : Yes

Special features

- Animated Menus

- Animated CG

- English Voice Acting

- 3 Routes including variations depending on which order they are read.

- STORY TEASER -

Another winter passes, with nothing changing.

Ethan Wright is a 20 year old college student who lives a normal, satisfying life.

With his four best friends, he can't think of anything more he needs.

But something is wrong. An unshakable feeling that something is missing.

Until, one night, he meets a strange girl, sitting in the snow.

As weeks pass, Ethan will inevitably get closer and closer to the truth.

- CHARACTERS -

Full cast (Unreworked art)

6ceb03d626.jpg

From left to right  (REWORKED SPRITES) :

Aika Sokolov

Aika is Ethan's childhood friend. She is the very possessive type of girl but would do anything she can so she and the people she loves live happy.

Spoiler

4731063010.png

Morgan Crouch

Morgan is a very smart girl who used to focus only on her grades but meeting Lisbeth in college made her discover real friendship. She is often treated as the child of the group.

Spoiler

378935258.png

Lisbeth d'Arcy [WIP]

Lisbeth is Morgan's best and unique friend. Quite rebel, she spends most of her time fooling around and doesn't care much about studies as she prefers to flirt with boys and especially girls.

644705lis.jpg

Thomas Burns [WIP]

Thomas is Ethan's best friend. He has always been there for him, helping and counselling him about things he would not be able to decide on his own. Thomas is very adaptable to people and knows very well how to handle one's character.

Alice Deslauriers [WIP] [Non-demo character]

718751alicerough3.jpg

- CONTACT -

E-mail : [email protected] / [email protected]

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/lekasoft/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/LekasoftStudio

- Gallery -

[Soundtrack] Mock Off – Memories Lost : https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207/memories-lost

[Soundtracks] Mock Off - Days : https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207/days

Spoiler

785492corridor.png886112cafeteria.png

161509library.png647297unspecified.png

Spoiler

183198Morganexpsheet.png

366906Aikaexpsheet.png

I'm in love with Aika. Really amazing art imo, props to the artist.

I feel like this might turn out to be pretty interesting, the idea has quite the potential at least. Nice to see that you'll be trying to move away from the eastern culture in this VN, it should make things interesting - refreshing even. 

Hello,

thank you very much for your support, very appreciated ! I can tell our artist is very pleased to know her work is liked. Although she did start school again this week, we should be able to show some more around this week-end ! :)

We are actually still working on some piece of art on the side (outfits, expressions, BG) as well as the script post-demo. We should also be able to show some work from our background artist as well soon enough !

Our work right now focused on our five characters designs and first sprites, so we can use them to creat our main menu background, from which the GUI will be fully created. Once we get a few sprites and GUI, we should be able to have some interesting screenshots to show off as well as working on a third editing of the current script to make everything work together. :)

Do not hesitate to give us some feedback about the art and story if you do see some flaws in them (using "spoilers" preferably). If you want to know more details about the project or join us to help, do not hesitate to contact me here, on Facebook or on our mail.

Oh, nice. Awesome, actually. The level of detail and lighting effects are amazing.

If there's something "bad" it would be that the "side character" is now my favorite one.

Hello,

thank you very much for your support haha

I agree that Lisbeth's design is one of the most detailed one so far, but that's also because of her less important impact on the story. She needed something to be recognized and appreciated, as we only have 5 characters in the story, we would not want one of two to be left aside, so we're puting as much work as we can on every single one of our characters.

Those drawings are the first we made for each one of the characters, so they might slightly evoluate during the development of the game, but not by much. Our second "Side Character" is almost done and we are working on our Main Heroine design at the same time. Although I have to say this last one might take a bit longer than any other, I can assure you she'll blow your mind !

We are also receiving a few sketches and concept art concerning the backgrounds of the game, although due to our artist being Japanese and hardly speaking english, it might take some time before we can show off finished work. If a good enough number of peope still want to take a look at some sketches of his, I'll happily post a few.

Thanks again for following our progress !

Really nice BG art. The more I follow this project, the more I'm looking forward to it. Keep at it!

Your writer has a steep hill to climb to ensure that the text lives up to the quality of the assets. I notice that nobody on your team is tagged as an editor or quality checker. Both of those positions will be key to the finished quality of your game, so hopefully you have someone lined up to fill those roles.

Really nice BG art. The more I follow this project, the more I'm looking forward to it. Keep at it!

Your writer has a steep hill to climb to ensure that the text lives up to the quality of the assets. I notice that nobody on your team is tagged as an editor or quality checker. Both of those positions will be key to the finished quality of your game, so hopefully you have someone lined up to fill those roles.

Hello,

I believe our writer has the talent to live up to the expectations, even though his style might be very different than what we are used to in eastern Visual Novels. As for the quality checking, we do have someone tagged for it. Even though I did give him the role of "Graphic Designer", Kia is one of the most important members in our team, working as a GUI Designer, Animator, Lead Coder, Quality/Style Checker and provides a lot of experience and councels to my leadership.

Although, I must admit we did not look for any editor and/or proofreader as of now as we don't really need any yet. We are mostly focusing on working out the art style and GUI since most of the demo script is already done as well as a short part of what comes after it (Around 20% of the script 1st draft has been done so far).

Due to recent bugs and the forums update, a big part of the original thread has been deleted, so I will have to wait a bit if it is possible to get it back. We did finish working on our True Heroine design, but I won't be posting her yet. Now that all of our characters designs have been done, we are starting to go through a huge Quality Checking phase to ensure every character do share the same style and also remove obvious flaws in the drawing. We are also planning on mixing some details to make the art style more unique which is a bit hard to do, but we believe it is always worth to take more time to improve the quality of our game.

As for the backgrounds, more sketches have been done, but nothing good enough to share.

I did want to ask everyone who would feel like being interested in the project if one would be interested in speedpaintings from our artists? I do know our character artist has the ability do produce some. If we do receive a positive answer, we will most likely plan several ones when it comes to drawing the Main Menu pictures (5 in total).

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

after quite some time of work, I am happy to finally post a huge update on the forum.

You will be able to find :

- several new assets such as backgrounds and soundtracks

- a first look of our revamped sprites

- a first look at our GUI and menus

We are not able to share a demo of the game as of now since we are using a lot of placeholders still to help us work, but I would happily give a DL link to our current state of development to everyone who has interest in it. Just contact me here and I will give it to you through Google Drive.

Obviously, any feedback would be highly appreciated :)

Thank you very much for supporting us.

P.S. : If you are interested in helping us in any way possible, feel free to contact us and tell us what would you be interested to do for/with us. Although our main development team is complete, we are still open to every proposition we could add to the game.

Nahilys

https://www.facebook.com/lekasoft/

[email protected]

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Some new looks for our heroines by Vaatry :3

~ Aika swimsuit outfit ~                                                                     ~ Morgan swimsuit outfit ~                                        

457404resize19.png943142resize44.png

~ Alice's design rework sketch ~

718751alicerough3.jpg

More news on our Twitter !

~ Nahilys

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, long time no see ! :D

- Lisbeth's new sprite lineart added.

- New soundtrack by Mock Off "Days" added.

- Aika & Morgan DEMO sprites sheets added (non-exhaustive).

644705lis.jpg

183198Morganexpsheet.png

366906Aikaexpsheet.png

We will be releasing a Developer Demo in the incoming DAYS hopefully, just waiting for our last soundtrack to be done. It will be a short introduction to our demo heroines Aika & Morgan as well as a quick showdown of our skills. In the same time, we will use this demo to look for a final Backgrounds Artist.

More news on our Twitter : https://twitter.com/LekasoftStudio /

Wait for it :D

Nahilys,

[email protected] / [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/lekasoft/

• 2 weeks later...