Certain Moment in Chris's Route in Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinisai

mitchhamilton

when i first saw this scene this kinda disturbed me, it didn't shock me but it made me feel very uncomfortable, but when i saw this scene it was in my earlier time with visual novels, i think nowadays if i were to relive that scene i wouldn't be that moved, actually I'm sure i wouldn't because

i wasn't moved by the first h scene in margit's route in s

i guess I just became a horrible pice of human trash after reading so many vn's ^^

then again this poses an interesting question, majikoi is in fact a comedy, so is it okay for it to joke at the expense of rape? i am of the firm opinion that humor has no limits and you can joke about anything but does that mean you should not be moved by such a scene?

when i first saw this scene this kinda disturbed me, it didn't shock me but it made me feel very uncomfortable, but when i saw this scene it was in my earlier time with visual novels, i think nowadays if i were to relive that scene i wouldn't be that moved, actually I'm sure i wouldn't because

i wasn't moved by the first h scene in margit's route in s

i guess I just became a horrible pice of human trash after reading so many vn's ^^

then again this poses an interesting question, majikoi is in fact a comedy, so is it okay for it to joke at the expense of rape? i am of the firm opinion that humor has no limits and you can joke about anything but does that mean you should not be moved by such a scene?

Considering it's such an incredibly mild and downgraded version of the concept of rape, I would say we are pretty safe taking it as yet another lulzy h-scene from Majikoi, and not a secret sub-plot from the author trying to turn us into pro-rape monsters.

Also, you are saying smth similar to what I have pointed out quite a few times. The VN is a comedy, and in the whole h-scene and its context, "rape" couldn't be further from the main objective of the scene, which is just a grey-ish and quite ridiculous way to picture the "climax" of the contrast between the old and new Chris.

That's why it's so nonsensical to get so hung-up on it. It's like you go to a comedy club, someone tells a rape joke and you go all ballistic about how sick and what a sociopath the comedian must be to consider a joke about rape ok. You are missing the point. The scene is not about "hey it's ok to rape your girlfriend if she consents later".

Well compared to Margit route in S, it was only 1 scene where Chris had trouble choosing between her father and Yamato, and that made it quite grey. Margit however got forced twice and changed into some pet dog..... German are so weird in Majikoi. Chris route would have been better without that H-scene or Yamato using his conversation skills to get her.

Considering it's such an incredibly mild and downgraded version of the concept of rape, I would say we are pretty safe taking it as yet another lulzy h-scene from Majikoi, and not a secret sub-plot from the author trying to turn us into pro-rape monsters.

Also, you are saying smth similar to what I have pointed out quite a few times. The VN is a comedy, and in the whole h-scene and its context, "rape" couldn't be further from the main objective of the scene, which is just a grey-ish and quite ridiculous way to picture the "climax" of the contrast between the old and new Chris.

That's why it's so nonsensical to get so hung-up on it. It's like you go to a comedy club, someone tells a rape joke and you go all ballistic about how sick and what a sociopath the comedian must be to consider a joke about rape ok. You are missing the point. The scene is not about "hey it's ok to rape your girlfriend if she consents later".

plot twist:were already pro rape monsters

if we go by the definition it is rape, but i honestly can't take majikoi seriously enough to even care about it, and i don't think we should invest this much thinking into this, it's just a silly comedy

Well compared to Margit route in S, it was only 1 scene where Chris had trouble choosing between her father and Yamato, and that made it quite grey. Margit however got forced twice and changed into some pet dog..... German are so weird in Majikoi. Chris route would have been better without that H-scene or Yamato using his conversation skills to get her.

again, can't take it seriously, it just goes deeper down the rabbit hole

if it was something like Yuuji raping Yumiko in grisaia or a rape in katawa then yes i would understand picking it apart and tearing it to shreds, also we need majikoi a6 where in an alternate reality chris just chokes yamato to death with her legs when he tries that :lol:

I find it strange that people are talking about this scene in such a deep manner. It obviously affects certain viewers, yet if this were a discussion about lolis and a young girl having sex in a game, the argument all of a sudden becomes "it's 2D, therefore it's not real and is okay." If that argument stands true for young cartoon girls having sex, shouldn't the same be said about girls getting raped in 2D? It's okay, right? No, and neither is the former.

The VN community is very hypocritical.

I find it strange that people are talking about this scene in such a deep manner. It obviously affects certain viewers, yet if this were a discussion about lolis and a young girl having sex in a game, the argument all of a sudden becomes "it's 2D, therefore it's not real and is okay." If that argument stands true for young cartoon girls having sex, shouldn't the same be said about girls getting raped in 2D? It's okay, right? No, and neither is the former.

I'm pretty sure that's not the argument here.

We're talking about whether or not it was rape, not whether or not this scene existing is okay.

Enjoy all the rape in VNs you want, but don't attempt to arbitrarly change the definition of rape.

I think the only problem here is how this scene is so exclusive to VNs, it would never happen in real life.

By real life standards it's rape, but by the VN's setting it's probably some weird thing we don't have a term for.

Except that's not the discussion we're having here.

Read again. Done? Ok.

The actual topic is whether or not it can be considered rape, which it can. Upon realising this fact you can see the the pitiable attempts of the losing party at saving face above on this page.

I'm pretty sure that's not the argument here.

We're talking about whether or not it was rape, not whether or not this scene existing is okay.

Enjoy all the rape in VNs you want, but don't attempt to arbitrarly change the definition of rape.

I think the only problem here is how this scene is so exclusive to VNs, it would never happen in real life.

By real life standards it's rape, but by the VN's setting it's probably some weird thing we don't have a term for.

Then this argument is literally the most worthless thing in the entire world. A game tells me a middle school girl (which she states in the game) is 18. No, she isn't. This game has a girl saying no to sex. It's rape. A no means no, whether you change your mind later or not.

Move on people.

Then this argument is literally the most worthless thing in the entire world. A game tells me a middle school girl (which she states in the game) is 18. No, she isn't. This game has a girl saying no to sex. It's rape. A no means no, whether you change your mind later or not.

Move on people.

This might insta-mind break you, but I think it's important information.

Ready?

Majikoi is... a comedy. Especially seen when all the "everyone is over 18" is usually done in super-dumb ways like "hey, in the end we are all over 18 by the will of the universe".

Except that's not the discussion we're having here.

Read again. Done? Ok.

The actual topic is whether or not it can be considered rape, which it can. Upon realising this fact you can see the the pitiable attempts of the losing party at saving face above on this page.

I'm glad you are confident but, sadly enough, "it's X because I wanna I wanna I wanna" is not a valid argument.

This might insta-mind break you, but I think it's important information.

Ready?

Majikoi is... a comedy. Especially seen when all the "everyone is over 18" is usually done in super-dumb ways like "hey, in the end we are all over 18 by the will of the universe".

I'm glad you are confident but, sadly enough, "it's X because I wanna I wanna I wanna" is not a valid argument.

Rape is rape. Comedic rape is rape. Yandere rape is rape. Tsundere rape is rape. Rape on a boat is rape. Rape in the air is rape. Rape even used as a funny joke is still rape. Rape (and stay with me here) is rape.

Rape is rape. Comedic rape is rape. Yandere rape is rape. Tsundere rape is rape. Rape on a boat is rape. Rape in the air is rape. Rape even used as a funny joke is still rape. Rape (and stay with me here) is rape.

Got lost the very moment you missed the point of the whole conversation.

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean.

I didn't make any argument, I just said that the discussion is about whether or not it was rape, and then commented on the fact that you guys clearly acknowledged it was rape, even if with an entirely comedic approach and intent.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11622-certain-moment-in-chriss-route-in-maji-de-watashi-ni-koi-shinisai/page-2#entry332264

...before I went and joined your side. Comedic as it was, I don't get why some people turn on the entire route just because of this scene.

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean.

I didn't make any argument, I just said that the discussion is about whether or not it was rape, and then commented on the fact that you guys clearly acknowledged it was rape, even if with an entirely comedic approach and intent.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11622-certain-moment-in-chriss-route-in-maji-de-watashi-ni-koi-shinisai/page-2#entry332264

...before I went and joined your side. Comedic as it was, I don't get why some people turn on the entire route just because of this scene.

Eh, dunno. Some people didn't like it from the begining and they felt the scene was "the killing blow" that sealed the deal.

And I meant the whole "you can see the the pitiable attempts of the losing party at saving face above on this page". Since the topic was more than just "to rape or not to rape, that is the question".

My side is always the good side. And the loli side.

but one female isn't the authority on what is and isn't rape... like firecat I too can see the future.

nOWfsZ1.gif

Penetration without Consent is still Rape...anything before that is sexual molestation without consent.

trollolololo

All right, since some of you seem to argue this idea, here is proof:

https://drive.google...RFhEOXN4TU5RT2s

If you continue arguing this point after that, then you are literally stupid.

Well, to be honest, it wasn't a very clear "yes"... it was more like an ambiguous rumble... And what proof do we have that this lady was really consenting and not forced when you asked her the question? Makes you think...

All right, since some of you seem to argue this idea, here is proof:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ivNNDDfsj5RFhEOXN4TU5RT2s

If you continue arguing this point after that, then you are literally stupid.

While I agree with you, that's anecdotal evidence and proves very little besides "The person you are talking to considers that rape" :holo: