Certain Moment in Chris's Route in Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinisai

mitchhamilton

• 5 months later...

I was looking for Majikoi GD thread, but I found this instead.

Oh well, I'm not surprised this thread exists. It's really an off-putting scene. I was really enjoying Chris route (only second half of Wanko and Agave left for me), on par with Myiako route, and then this happened. I was disturbed and angered. Majikoi is a comedy, but 'grounded' comedy with consequences of actions characters made. And this shit... Oh well. It was really stupid. And I don't buy arguments that 'she really fast started to like it', because AFTER first Yamato cumshot, she literally started crawling and reaching for her rapier. It was like 1/3 of the scene. SO - rape all over the way, no redeeming qualities.

Also - "Majikoi is a comedy, so it's fine". No it's not. If suddenly in any Majikoi route appeared a scene, with graphic depiction of beating up a stray dog to pulp and laughing at it, would it still be fine? Because dog was really sick and only few days of torment left of his life anyway? Is it a comedy? Is it funy? No? Is it horrible? Is it awful and off putting? Yes, it is. Same as rape. Rape is horrible. Rape jokes (and beating half-dead dog) jokes can be funny, but only if they're jokes. Not actuall action. So "it's only a comedy" argument fails severely.

After that everything in that route feel 'fake', I couldn't enjoy it. It was like I was reading a parody, not a 'reall route'. So it all broke apart and finally I rated this route only 8.3/10.*

*Still better than Mayucchi - 8.1, Momoyo - 6.5, all side routes and after stories, and first half of Wanko route - 7.5.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Oh well, I'm not surprised this thread exists. It's really an off-putting scene. I was really enjoying Chris route (only second half of Wanko and Agave left for me), on par with Myiako route, and then this happened. I was disturbed and angered. Majikoi is a comedy, but 'grounded' comedy with consequences of actions characters made. And this shit... Oh well. It was really stupid. And I don't buy arguments that 'she really fast started to like it', because AFTER first Yamato cumshot, she literally started crawling and reaching for her rapier. It was like 1/3 of the scene. SO - rape all over the way, no redeeming qualities.

Also - "Majikoi is a comedy, so it's fine". No it's not. If suddenly in any Majikoi route appeared a scene, with graphic depiction of beating up a stray dog to pulp and laughing at it, would it still be fine? Because dog was really sick and only few days of torment left of his life anyway? Is it a comedy? Is it funy? No? Is it horrible? Is it awful and off putting? Yes, it is. Same as rape. Rape is horrible. Rape jokes (and beating half-dead dog) jokes can be funny, but only if they're jokes. Not actuall action. So "it's only a comedy" argument fails severely.

After that everything in that route feel 'fake', I couldn't enjoy it. It was like I was reading a parody, not a 'reall route'. So it all broke apart and finally I rated this route only 8.3/10.*

*Still better than Mayucchi - 8.1, Momoyo - 6.5, all side routes and after stories, and first half of Wanko route - 7.5.:ph34r:

12794441_1087649764591464_92668737694432

On 2016/3/8 at 1:16 PM, Vorathiel said:

Well since this got revived I guess I´ll just come with my shallow, useless opinion on this. 

It´s hot and its just a game. I enjoyed it. Would re-play /10  :illya: 

Anyways, seriously though, it's fiction and that's really all there is to it. Don't take it too seriously.

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Its more like rape-play. Yes, its kind of against her will, but ... He doesn´t actually rape her. He loves her, and he is doing this to make sure he gets to stay in a relationship with her. She is extremely strong, and even in a vounrable state, lets face it, she COULD have kicked his ass. 

If it was a different person from Yamato, she would have cut him in half. Honestly, although it sounds like a normal rapist´s excuse, she wanted it. And the reason I say that is, that she actually wanted it. She says this later in the route, SHE THANKS HIM FOR IT, and it becomes the base of their spiced up sex life later. 

You guys really have a weird idea of rape, uh :amane:

It doesn't matter that he loves her. A lot of rapes occur within couples. The majority of them are perpetrated by someone the victim knows.
Physical strength doesn't matter that much either, a situation of rape rarely leaves you in a psychological state of being able to defend yourself.

Last but not least "but she didn't resist" "but she secretly wanted it" are all typical victim-blaming and slut-shaming justifications.

She doesn't agree to it clearly, before they start = it's rape. Plain and simple. Of course here it's just fiction, it's not realistic blablabla; if that had occured in real life it would have been a rape and that's all. No excuses.

6 minutes ago, Down said:

You guys really have a weird idea of rape, uh :amane:

It doesn't matter that he loves her. A lot of rapes occur within couples. The majority of them are perpetrated by someone the victim knows.
Physical strength doesn't matter that much either, a situation of rape rarely leaves you in a psychological state of being able to defend yourself.

Last but not least "but she didn't resist" "but she secretly wanted it" are all typical victim-blaming and slut-shaming justifications.

She doesn't agree to it clearly, before they start = it's rape. Plain and simple. Of course here it's just fiction, it's not realistic blablabla; if that had occured in real life it would have been a rape and that's all. No excuses.

I agree of course ... But, still gotta do this: its fiction, its not real. 

If you are going to start questioning the morals of their actions based of IRL laws, then we have to look at Momoyo's tendencies to ... You know... Brutally maim and assault people. 

Like how they just beat up the thugs in one route and come out looking like the good guys. 

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

If you are going to start questioning the morals of their actions based of IRL laws, then we have to look at Momoyo's tendencies to ... You know... Brutally maim and assault people. 

Like how they just beat up the thugs in one route and come out looking like the good guys. 

Sure, okay, it's fiction, fetishistic, irrealistic, etc... But then that's all you need to say, no need to try to justify that it wasn't really rape or w/e.

4 minutes ago, Down said:

Sure, okay, it's fiction, fetishistic, irrealistic, etc... But then that's all you need to say, no need to try to justify that it wasn't really rape or w/e.

Yes, I've edited my comment, I realize it might have come off a little wrong. I was of course not trying to justify rape. My intention was to make it clear that it isn't really a "normal / real" situation, and it shouldn't be looked at like one.

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You got really close to the core of the matter, there. The thing about all this discussion, is that it's more about what the writer meant with that scene, than what he did. As you said, it's fiction, and very obvious one. If we get into comparing it with reality, then many of the "good" characters are closer to heinous, re-incident criminals, than normal people.

That's why it's pointless to discuss whether she wanted it or not, whether it was rape due to lack of initial consent or rough foreplay (lel). It's as if you started to discuss about how evil Frodo and Sam are due to the numerous criminal acts of theft, violation of property and land, and many more. It never really was about that.

Ofc, there's the big, big difference than Majikoi is far closer to reality and could indeed be called quite the terrible precedent. But someone who's 18+ and considers this a perfectly acceptable behaviour, already has a pretty warped mind. 

4 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

As you said, it's fiction, and very obvious one. If we get into comparing it with reality, then many of the "good" characters are closer to heinous, re-incident criminals, than normal people.

Ofc, there's the big, big difference than Majikoi is far closer to reality and could indeed be called quite the terrible precedent. But someone who's 18+ and considers this a perfectly acceptable behaviour, already has a pretty warped mind. 

Well, I am 18+ and I do consider this perfectly acceptable BECAUSE it is fiction. That was the point I was trying to make. No matter what happens, its a set of drawings. Nothing else. If this could, in any way, have involved a real person, then my reaction to it would have been extremely different.

Nothing warped about that.

Just now, FinalChaos said:

Really at this point the same things are repeated again and again, we already 5 full pages of the exact same thing. 

Let's keep it to some people enjoyed the scene some didn't, let the thread rest in peace.   

Actually is it all still there? For some reason allot of the previous posts arn't appearing on my browser when I try and look at them.

2 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Actually is it all still there? For some reason allot of the previous posts arn't appearing on my browser when I try and look at them.

Just checked, most of them are visible for me except like 5-10%. 

14 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

They are too mature for you, they are getting auto-clocked on your browser ;o

11 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

But someone who's 18+ and considers this a perfectly acceptable behaviour, already has a pretty warped mind. 

I'm over 18 and I think that this is perfectly acceptable behavior even in real life.

If you guys think otherwise you're probably feminists or something stupid like that. What's wrong with you, screaming "rape, rape, rape" over and over again? It's common knowledge that women like to be harshly taken by the man they like. Asking for "consent" is one of the dumbest things social justice warriors invented in the last few years (aside from the other stupid things). As if this is not a total mood breaker... when you have something interesting going on and suddenly you're like "oh, I hope this is ok for you. please say if I'm not gentle enough. I don't want to really hurt you." That's how you ruin the mood, lol.

You think you are some white knights, pointing out harmless situations which aren't 100% political correct, and you're thinking you're doing women a favor with this. Ridiculous. Not only are you denying grown-up people the right to decide for themselves how to engage with each other (for example, being fine with it when somebody takes your "no" as a "yes" because you actually like this), you're also generalizing hot kink with serious, criminal rape. That's disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

If you guys think otherwise you're probably feminists or something stupid like that. What's wrong with you, screaming "rape, rape, rape" over and over again? It's common knowledge that women like to be harshly taken by the man they like. Asking for "consent" is one of the dumbest things social justice warriors invented in the last few years (aside from the other stupid things). As if this is not a total mood breaker... when you have something interesting going on and suddenly you're like "oh, I hope this is ok for you. please say if I'm not gentle enough. I don't want to really hurt you." That's how you ruin the mood, lol.

You think you are some white knights, pointing out harmless situations which aren't 100% political correct, and you're thinking you're doing women a favor with this. Ridiculous. Not only are you denying grown-up people the right to decide for themselves how to engage with each other (for example, being fine with it when somebody takes your "no" as a "yes" because you actually like this), you're also generalizing hot kink with serious, criminal rape. That's disgusting.

wEP8kVG.gif

I'll choose to take that as a joke because it's more or less parody at this point, but try to not get yourself arrested, dude.