Certain Moment in Chris's Route in Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinisai

mitchhamilton

Resistance is not a requirement for rape, and saying a woman must resist for it to be considered rape is an extremely scary idea.

Exactly, if she really did resist, Yamato would be dead... She's a girl who can prolly kill you by sneezing at you (like EVERY female characters in the game). It's her consent that matter. 

Do a reality check. Would do that in real life? Super pro tip for making your girlfriend happy: if she says no it means no.

And uh well I'm not sure adding sexual harassment to the case really helps.

I will take this advice to heart as soon as (or IF) I ever get a girlfriend. 

Exactly, if she really did resist, Yamato would be dead... She's a girl who can prolly kill you by sneezing at you (like EVERY female characters in the game). It's her consent that matter. 

I will take this advice to heart as soon as (or IF) I ever get a girlfriend. 

Maybe you don't have one because you need to take that advice beforehand! Remember the eternal wisdom of Down: VNs MIGHT not be rooted in reality, and if a girl doesn't want you exploring her cave, leave the spelunking equipment home.

Never played the game, but sounds like the typical initial rape that eventually turns into the girl begging for more.

Sorry to break it to you, but that's still rape.

It would normally be rape, but not under the circumstances of the story.

If he didnt do it, they would both most likely regret their decisions later. Even worse, Chris would most likely not only grow to hate her father, she would also become unable to release herself from his control.

Was it morally correct? No. Was it the right decision? Certainly yes. He didnt do it out of selfishness, but because it was the only way to save their relationship. To give Chris something more important than her father.

Stop the magical girl rape! Rape is evil!

kelAf.gif

Whoa, which was this from? xD

It was necessary if they were going to stay together. Chris believes actions felt stronger than words based on her mannerisms and the way she hates Yamato's deception. She wasn't obviously gonna do anything on her end because she feels powerless towards her dad so it was up to Yamato to work his magic. Not everything should be morally justified or cut between right and wrong. Some things are just meant to be done even if they defy the laws of the universe. But if police and the law were involved which luckily it wasn't, Yamato would be sentenced for quite a long time in prison. 

Whoa, which was this from? xD

It was necessary if they were going to stay together. Chris believes actions felt stronger than words based on her mannerisms and the way she hates Yamato's deception. She wasn't obviously gonna do anything on her end because she feels powerless towards her dad so it was up to Yamato to work his magic. Not everything should be morally justified or cut between right and wrong. Some things are just meant to be done even if they defy the laws of the universe. But if police and the law were involved which luckily it wasn't, Yamato would be sentenced for quite a long time in prison. 

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi (I think).

That's Kuro and Miyu then? I don't remember such a scene from the manga (which is the only iteration I've seen on it), but it's been a while since I've read it.

As for the rape discussion, as far as laws in US (which is of the most direct relevance to me and have had taught to me, though Japanese laws are obviously more relevant to the situation) goes, if the girl (or guy) said 'no' at any point and you went against her (his) word, it's consider rape, legally.

Of course, if at the end of it all she (he) never reports as such, there would never actually be a case, but that's another matter.

I'm probably late into the topic but think of it this way.

Chris was tied up and sexually assaulted by Yamato. She eventually accepted it and gave him her consent.

So it was initially rape which then turned into consent.

TC's not concerned about this is probably because Yamato and Chris were already in a relationship during the H-scene.

I'm guessing that rape through couples is a bit more tolerant than one with a stranger. I'm not saying it's better by the way.

If you look at the general picture it's rape. Even if you look at the other details it still justifies it.

nah man its rape.

OogRmVd.png

5wNgT4R.png

Yamato knows what he's doing is wrong.

VjKJE2D.png

xqXbzn4.png

S4JQbmA.png

P6s2A1L.png

p3dxwJC.png

PZuHrld.png

Chris is obviously not wanting this at all. There's more lines of resistance after this, so she did NOT have very little resistance. Clearly the author knew what he was doing here and, since it is a VN, and especially Majikoi, he figured it'd be okay to do it since you know, "lol VN logic"

Doesn't feel similar at all. Not in the action itself, not in the context and reason behind the scene.

Both exert power and dominance over the opposite sex or same sex if it's a gay couple (although it's surprisingly rare), and last time I check, there's no case ever where a guy asks if he can beat up a woman before he commits the act in a domestic violence case. He just does it, thus is not consented just like rape. Domestic violence however is more about hurting the other and not for the purpose of pleasing oneself although you could be a sadist and feel the pleasure otherwise.

Really enjoyed Chris' route until this point. It's totally rape and wrong no matter how you look at it. Still, not finding it shocking or wrong doesn't make you "messed up". Its a common trope in the medium. You should probably be aware that in reality there is a reason they say "no means no".

You can enjoy media with all kinds of stuff without endorsing it yourself, but be aware that others may find stuff like this offensive which is also fine. 

It was kinda funny I was playing Way of the Samurai 4 on Steam while playing Majikoi and it had "nightcrawling"/"yobai" mini-game you can do with women. From what I learned, it seems to be an old Japanese custom where men would just sneak up at night to women's bedrooms and make their "intentions" known. If women consented, they could have their sexy times together and actually get married afterwards!

It was kinda funny I was playing Way of the Samurai 4 on Steam while playing Majikoi and it had "nightcrawling"/"yobai" mini-game you can do with women. From what I learned, it seems to be an old Japanese custom where men would just sneak up at night to women's bedrooms and make their "intentions" known. If women consented, they could have their sexy times together and actually get married afterwards!

Both exert power and dominance over the opposite sex or same sex if it's a gay couple (although it's surprisingly rare), and last time I check, there's no case ever where a guy asks if he can beat up a woman before he commits the act in a domestic violence case. He just does it, thus is not consented just like rape. Domestic violence however is more about hurting the other and not for the purpose of pleasing oneself although you could be a sadist and feel the pleasure otherwise.