JAST delays Shiny Days until the 29th

CryingWestern

After clicking that link, looks like it's more "people mildly annoyed at sanahtlig for posting stupid shit with clickbait title" than anyone actually caring about the delay.  Seriously, I thought you were linking to an actual discussion but it's just you putting three links on reddit(only one of which is actually from a fan) and people getting snippy at you for it.  What the hell is the point of putting that link here?

Think about this for a minute.  I posted in this thread almost immediately after posting that on Reddit.  Did I have the information, at that time, that the Reddit discussion would turn out to be worthless?  Obviously not!  One would infer that I must've posted here to notify those reading this thread that a discussion was occurring in another community.  Perhaps people like... Decay?  Or perhaps I wanted to notify people that Decay had posted an essay on the matter, maybe?

Honestly.  People get huffy at me for linking to my blog all the time.  Then I link to someone else's work to bring attention to someone other than me for a change (with a minimal amount of context) and people whine about that, as if I'm supposed to write a blog article about someone else's blog article so that I can link to that instead.  Wait, what?

At this point I'm debating if my updated Shiny Days article should end this foray into blogging.  I began this project wanting to make a difference in the VN community.  I did make a difference--but giving back to the VN community doesn't feel rewarding at all.  And thus the cycle of enthusiasm and disillusionment repeats itself once more... 

I'm all for trying to encourage more discussion about VNs and about the business practices of the companies that are bringing them over, but it just seems like this isn't the best way to go about it is all.  It makes it look like you're more interested in attention to your stuff than the things you're actually writing about.

To be perfectly honest, I saw it coming the moment I saw the reddit thread title. That's the exact type of wording people really dislike seeing. Even if you didn't mean it to be like that, it still reads like a sensationalist tabloid article header with the intention to incite, and people are sensitive to that kind of thing. You have to be more careful about that.

I don't understand how people are happy about this announcement, are people actually more retarded than I thought? I see people everywhere praising J-List about the information of the delay. You heard it. The game is delayed 1 month and people are still happy. I don't even. I raised my opinion on the FB page and got two angry replies from other buyers until I got a standard "I'm sorry" from Peter.

I thought it was common sense getting upset from a delay the second time. No people are praising J-List about the announcement and accept it. If I recall Shiny Days was supposed to be released in the end of August? That's one month ago. My own opinion of the first delay is alright. Short notice but fine (I think the delay came on the release day). Shit happens sometimes. But the second one without stating a valid reason. Yes I know they are prioritizing other stuff but at least say that in the announcement. Personally I don't accept how they are handling Shiny Days. I don't understand humans which think it is fine.

Something is borked with their payment processor and they're going through and charging people one by one. Sometimes it takes a while to go through. I figured they'd have finished by now but maybe not. Maybe bother them on twitter or their forums, they tend to respond to people who do. 

Also everyone should beware of a crash bug that is affecting all users. Early on in the game if you play in full screen, you'll get a crash. Playing in windowed mode should get you past that. I can't identify the exact point where it happens so I can't tell you when you're safe to go back into fullscreen. Kind of silly that despite all the delays and the very lengthy QC process, this still slipped through, what with it being right at the beginning. 

Something is borked with their payment processor and they're going through and charging people one by one. Sometimes it takes a while to go through. I figured they'd have finished by now but maybe not. Maybe bother them on twitter or their forums, they tend to respond to people who do. 

Also everyone should beware of a crash bug that is affecting all users. Early on in the game if you play in full screen, you'll get a crash. Playing in windowed mode should get you past that. I can't identify the exact point where it happens so I can't tell you when you're safe to go back into fullscreen. Kind of silly that despite all the delays and the very lengthy QC process, this still slipped through, what with it being right at the beginning. 

I just got a second email with my code as well as a ten dollar off coupon on my next j-list purchase...plus I received a third email telling me the product is being processed and prepared for shipping.

Unfortunate about the crash bug though you would think someone would have noticed it. I'm not going to be playing this game for quite some time regardless. I have too many other things I'm in the middle of and I'll just wait for the uncut and bug fix patch before I play it.

Here's hoping they get Seinarukana pre-orders up soon though.

Wow a early crash bug, that's just the cherry on the top of this whole debacle.

Apparently there is also an issue with the game not saving as well according to the jast devlog. They did however give a work around at least for this issue.

Just a heads up: An unfortunate oversight

16 x 1gb files to download, an 5 minutes of hash checking program to make sure your files are good, then 15 minutes of installation: We are finally ready. Just one small problem: Permissions.

When Shiny Days is installed to the Program Files folder, it doesn’t have the right permissions to make save files; there are 2 quick workarounds for this:

1. In the properties -> advanced section of the Shiny Days Shortcut, check “Run as administrator”

2. Install to a folder that is not in “Program Files” 

This will fix any saving problems. We will update the game repository with a patched version when it is available, and get a working patch for people who buy the disc version ASAP.

Getting our server set up with the files and codes, for customers, and reviewers. Tomorrow will be a good day.